Author Topic: The Right to Bare Arms  (Read 1550 times)

gipper

Re: The Right to Bare Arms
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 04:28:23 PM »
Unless you arm bears, the liberals say, it is unfair to hunt them.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 06:38:15 PM »
Unless you arm bears, the liberals say, it is unfair to hunt them.

That's why I never considered hunting a "sport". It's a technique for putting food on the table. Nothing sporting about it.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 09:24:30 PM »
My point was not that bears are carnivores, but rather that bears are quite large wild carnivores (or even omnivores: we know that they like both berries and honey), and therefore rather expensive as well as dangerous to keep as pets.

Not everything on the label of the Meow Mix package is meat, in fact, it seems that meat is not even half of the ingredients. Still, my cat thrives on it.

I keep my cat indoors as much as possible because there are other, meaner cats outdoors than beat up on her, and I lost my previous cat of 13 years when she got run over by a speeding Cadillac. She goes out for a short spell every other day, but is always glad to return after fifteen minutes or so.

You may have as many pet bears as you wish, and feed them as you will. But I think I prefer a cat.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."