Author Topic: No doubt it works  (Read 10523 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No doubt it works
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2007, 02:22:56 PM »
My guess Plane, is that if it were one of Lanya's or Xo's loved ones, cup of tea, with some brandy, comfy blankets, and a little John Lennon playing as background misic, are that's required for them to crack and tell us where there loved ones are being held. 

(now, watch how fast they try to paint a response with the notion that sirs "loves torture", when I've been on record as to what I do and don't consider "torture".  Hint, breaking bones, even noses, isn't something sirs supports)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2007, 02:28:12 PM »
My guess Plane, is that if it were one of Lanya's or Xo's loved ones, cup of tea, with some brandy, comfy blankets, and a little John Lennon playing as background misic, are that's required for them to crack and tell us where there loved ones are being held. 

(now, watch how fast they try to paint a response with the notion that sirs "loves torture", when I've been on record as to what I do and don't consider "torture".  Hint, breaking bones, even noses, isn't something sirs supports)

Forceing brandy on a muslim might be torture. Very few of these guys would have a lot of experience being drunk.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2007, 03:06:34 PM »

Forceing brandy on a muslim might be torture. Very few of these guys would have a lot of experience being drunk.

Oh no, it wouldn't be forced.  Per lanya & Xo, It would be offered.  Perhaps have Air America playing in the background, to make them feel more at home    ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

yellow_crane

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2007, 08:23:09 PM »
They might have made the tapes to show to future prospective torturees, to show them that Bubba don't play.

My guess is that they destroyed them because they show severe cruelty and implicate the CIA in it.

Now the same goons can continue torturing, perhaps in Turkmenistan, perhaps on Diego Garcia, and they won't have to ever pay for their crimes.

In all this talk about torture, there are some differing degrees.

O they say . . . all torture is wrong.

So it is.

But where was all the umbrage when the torturing of the enemy, perceived or otherwise, was conducted within the parameters of Intelligence?

Anybody who has chosen to serve in Intelligence work for the past seventy-years in our history clearly has understood that torture is a part of the game.  That is why the little pills to be chomped down on were invented.

All the umbrage about torture now is because we fear that it spilled over the boundary, and will happen to us.

So it will.

Unless the extremist elements who have brought this phenomenonal threat down into our lives are stopped.

Can a change of guard in DC stop it?

Will a change of guard of in DC stop it? 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2007, 09:22:21 PM »
making muslim take brandy technically should be ok since he`s not willing to drink it.
if he understands this it really shouldn`t be a hardship
it`s like dying of starvation or eat pork
this is allowable but it really depends on the guy and how he views his belief

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2007, 11:32:19 PM »
making muslim take brandy technically should be ok since he`s not willing to drink it.
if he understands this it really shouldn`t be a hardship
it`s like dying of starvation or eat pork
this is allowable but it really depends on the guy and how he views his belief

I see your point , but this person would still rather not be fed disgusting food and be made drunk , he might consider it bad treatment.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2007, 01:40:51 AM »
it is bad treatment but he should not be worry this is a violation of his beliefs.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2007, 02:32:31 AM »
it is bad treatment but he should not be worry this is a violation of his beliefs.

I agree , the speculation that Muslims would be terrified of being smeared with lard is about the same , they would certinly be disgusted , but perhaps not more co-operative as a result.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2007, 02:45:13 PM »
unless I`m wrong nobody has the ability to make a muslim violation his beliefs
the religion stipulate exception
ex. going to mecca ,but only without undue hardship

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2007, 02:50:08 PM »
They might have made the tapes to show to future prospective torturees, to show them that Bubba don't play.

My guess is that they destroyed them because they show severe cruelty and implicate the CIA in it.

Now the same goons can continue torturing, perhaps in Turkmenistan, perhaps on Diego Garcia, and they won't have to ever pay for their crimes.

In all this talk about torture, there are some differing degrees.

O they say . . . all torture is wrong.

So it is.

But where was all the umbrage when the torturing of the enemy, perceived or otherwise, was conducted within the parameters of Intelligence?

Anybody who has chosen to serve in Intelligence work for the past seventy-years in our history clearly has understood that torture is a part of the game.  That is why the little pills to be chomped down on were invented.

All the umbrage about torture now is because we fear that it spilled over the boundary, and will happen to us.

So it will.

Unless the extremist elements who have brought this phenomenonal threat down into our lives are stopped.

Can a change of guard in DC stop it?

Will a change of guard of in DC stop it? 

Why do you choose the term of seventy years?

The CIA is not that old.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
Why do you choose the term of seventy years?

The CIA is not that old.

The US began its first propaganda ministry in the Woodrow Wilson administration in 1912. Mitchell Palmer was the inventor of propaganda in the modern era. Palmer managed to whip up all manner of hate against the Germans as the "Huns". The main reason for the US getting into WWI was that JP Morgan knew that if the Brits lost, they would never pay him the money he had lent them, of course. The US had no logical reason to fight WWI. The largest immigrant population in the US at the time were Germans, most of whom were pacifists who had flred German militarism from the 1700's through the Bismarck period. They certainly wanted no part of any war, not against Germany nor for the US or anyone else. But within a few years, Palmer managed to get the German language rfemoved from the curriculum of most highschools, and a huge numnbers of Germans changed their named, the Schmmits becoming Smiths, the Mullers becoming Millers, the Schneiders becoming Taylors and so on.

The US invented modern advertising, British ads tended toward the dumbass "none genuine without this signature" crap, but the creating of an image for a product, like Quaker oats (which was never sold by Quakers) and phony experts like Betty Crocker and  Aunt Jemima became the essence of advertising, and Palmer was the father of propaganda.

The Germans in the 1920's admired the US, which has=d made so many of their peasants into successes. Hitler admired the Pennsylvania Turnpike, the Model T, and Palmers propaganda, and the German versions of these, the Autobahns, the VW and Goebbels Ministry of Propaganda were the new, improved German versions of this.

The Germans managed to surpass the Brits through science, and a strict meritocracy in education. The Brits preferred to graduate upper-class twits who would meet up with a few geniuses in College, but the German system relied more on science.

Torture was always used in human history, but the Germans applied scientific principles to it. Goebbels was himself no scientist, and Nazi science was often way off the track, but then the US invented the OSS, patterned after Britis intelligence, but with more smart people and fewer twits than the Brits used, and a more German meritocratic bent. The OSS contacts with the French and Italian criminal element were instrumental in the French connection and the European end of the modern Mafia. IT provided organizational skills the dummies in the criminal element did not possess.

Propaganda and covert operations have a similar goal: to defeat an enemy with stealth rather than force of arms, by weasly wile rather than expensive brontosaurian muscle. I would say that this began around 1915, in the US.

Arab terrorism was simply an extension and a third world duplication of the failed French attempts to keep Algeria part of Metropolitan France. Of course, there were some terrorists in North Africa trained by the OSS as well.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2007, 03:18:09 PM »
"...US invented the OSS, patterned after Britis intelligence, but with more smart people and fewer twits than the Brits used,..."

I hate to think that we have a twit gap.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »
The US has a very limited aristocracy. Twits are the incompetent sons of the aristocracy. Juniorbush is pretty close to being a twit.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."