Author Topic: French scientist calls Gore a 'crook' and his followers 'religious zealots'...  (Read 2458 times)

Richpo64

French scientist calls Gore a 'crook' and his followers 'religious zealots'...
Review by Jorg von Uthmann

Dec. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Climate-change skeptics are taking a beating these days even in France, where people long resisted the green creed.

Paris bookstores brim with guidebooks -- including one shaped like a toilet seat -- that tell readers how to help save our planet. Yet the dissidents refuse to shut up, even now that Al Gore has won the Nobel Peace Prize and the U.S. government has agreed to negotiate a new global-warming treaty by 2009.

The most conspicuous doubter in France is Claude Allegre, a former education minister and a physicist by profession. His new book, ``Ma Verite Sur la Planete'' (``My Truth About the Planet''), doesn't mince words.

He calls Gore a ``crook'' presiding over an eco-business that pumps out cash. As for Gore's French followers, the author likens them to religious zealots who, far from saving humanity, are endangering it. Driven by a Judeo-Christian guilt complex, he says, French greens paint worst-case scenarios and attribute little-understood cycles to human misbehavior.

Allegre doesn't deny that the climate has changed or that extreme weather has become more common. He instead emphasizes the local character of these phenomena.

While the icecap of the North Pole is shrinking, the one covering Antarctica -- or 92 percent of the Earth's ice -- is not, he says. Nor have Scandinavian glaciers receded, he says. To play down these differences by basing forecasts on a global average makes no sense to Allegre.

He dismisses talk of renewable energies, such as wind or solar power, saying it would take a century for them to become a serious factor in meeting the world's energy demands.

terra

Rich,
I remember the I Hate France siezure you had when they would not go gung ho over the Bush's Iraq war folly...remember freedom fries?

You are such a opprotunist.

terra

Richpo64

I doubt you remember much of anything.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
.......He dismisses talk of renewable energies, such as wind or solar power, saying it would take a century for them to become a serious factor in meeting the world's energy demands.

I hope he is wrong about that , I have always liked the idea of haveing a windmill of my own and liveing in a neighborhood that glittered with solar panels , this might not be impossible .

Richpo64

>>I hope he is wrong about that , I have always liked the idea of haveing a windmill of my own and liveing in a neighborhood that glittered with solar panels , this might not be impossible .<<

Don't you think that if there was an alternate source of energy that was worth a damn some capitalist pig American would have found a way to make bundles of money off it?

terra

I doubt you remember much of anything.

Oh my my..Richie how mean..are you saying I am old or senile? Well I am old..which means I have a very good memory for idiots and a very poor memory for what I had for breakfast. Seems you were not breakfast. I am NOT senile..not yet anyway.
terra

Richpo64

What I'm saying is, you're an old bag of puss who wouldn't remember her own name unless your social worker called you once in a while to remind you to wash your stinking crack.

Get it now Broomhilda?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
>>I hope he is wrong about that , I have always liked the idea of haveing a windmill of my own and liveing in a neighborhood that glittered with solar panels , this might not be impossible .<<

Don't you think that if there was an alternate source of energy that was worth a damn some capitalist pig American would have found a way to make bundles of money off it?

That is exactly what I want to happen!

Especially if I can invest early.

terra

I think the pigs are already at the trough---
 21ST CENTURY GOODS Solar Power Lanterns, Radios and Solar Panels
 AFFORDABLE SOLAR Online Discount Retailer for Solar and Wind Energy Products
 ALTERNATIVE ENERGY STORE Leading Discount Retailer of Solar & Wind Energy Products. Free Seminars.
 BUILDING FOR HEALTH Solar & Wind Energy Products
 DISCOVERTHIS EDUCATIONAL SCIENCE KITS AND TOYS Educational Solar Energy Kits
 ENERGY MATTERS Australian Suppliers of Renewable Energy Equipment. Free Online Tools for Determining Your Renewable Energy Requirements.
 ETS ENERGY STORE Diverse Array of Solar and Wind Energy Products. Solar Toys, Windmills, Emergency Preparedness and More.
 GAIAM REAL GOODS Information and Products Related to Sustainable Living, Off-Grid Building, and Renewable Energy Alternatives
 GREENANDMORE.COM Wide Variety of Solar Bags, Backpacks, Lanterns, Toys, Educational Science Kits, Cell Phone Chargers
 PEACEFUL VALLEY GREETINGS Personal Solar Power Systems, Juice Bags & Power Pockets by Reluminati
 PLANET EARTH HOME Self-Sufficient Home Design Using Passive Solar and Wind Energy for Complete Energy Independence
 R.E. WILLIAMS CONTRACTOR INC. Use a Solar Powered Attic Ventilator to Cool Your Home and Save You Money
 RESERVEMYSOLAR.COM Solar Energy Installed on Your Home at No Cost to You - Reserve Yours Today
 SEWELL DIRECT Solar Backpacks, Bags, and Chargers for MP3/CD/Cell/PDA/DVD, and GPS
 SOGOGREEN Residential and Commercial Embedded Solar Lighting ? Beautiful and Practical with 25 Year Expected Life
 SOLAR DIRECT Factory Direct Prices: Solar Pool Heating | Solar Water Heaters | Solar Electric
 SOLAR INDUSTRIES POOL HEATERS Download Your Free Interactive Guide to Energy Efficient Pool Heating
 SOLAR POWER GENERATION Provides Solar and Alternative EnergyEducation, News, Links, and Products
 SOLAR SOLUTIONS LTD. Solar Electric, Wind, Water Pumping, Communications and Recreational Vehicles
 SUN WATT Photovoltaic Modules To Power Products Directly From The Sun
 SUNDANCE SUPPLY Owner Built Polycarbonate Greenhouses, Solariums, Pool Enclosures
 WHOLESALE SOLAR Absolutely the Lowest Prices on Solar/Wind Products and Appliances
 YOUR SOLAR HOME, INC. Solar Air & Water Heating Products, Turnkey System Design & Solar Air Panel Manufacturer

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
What I'm saying is, you're an old bag of puss who wouldn't remember her own name unless your social worker called you once in a while to remind you to wash your stinking crack.

Get it now Broomhilda?

If I didn't know better I would think you were trying to be unfreindly.

What moves you to take this tack?

Richpo64

>>That is exactly what I want to happen! Especially if I can invest early.<<

There's are plenty of companies out there you can invest in. With the left demanding we bow down to the global warming religion the companies in the alternative energy business will be raking in the dough and you can to. I myself own stock in several energy companies.

Richpo64

Just giving the old bat what she's asking for.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
>>That is exactly what I want to happen! Especially if I can invest early.<<

There's are plenty of companies out there you can invest in. With the left demanding we bow down to the global warming religion the companies in the alternative energy business will be raking in the dough and you can to. I myself own stock in several energy companies.

We have agreement on this subject then.

Tho I would go a bit further and call the whole phenominon a good thing.

I do think that the danger of Global warming is an exaggeration , but I don't like the results of fossil fuel dependance even discounting global warming. If a program as serious as the Manhattan project or as visionary as the Apolloo program were to create a viable energy alternative system in the short term , the results would include a salutory impoverishment of Islamofashism , a reduction in acid rain , a revival of the rust belt, many other side benefits could accrue.

Not the least a new sorce of employment and enrichment for Americans to exploit.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Just giving the old bat what she's asking for.

Well she did call you an opportunist , but I don't think of this as a very strong insult.

In the right context it isn't an insult at all , what do you call someone who ignores or  wastes opportunities?

terra

Rich,
So the best you can do is to try to belittle me? Not that I am wrong...
I now remember why I stayed away. I am sure you liked it better with one less to give you a hard time.

Does haveing a vocabulary like a drunken 16 year old make you a big man?  

<a href="http://coward" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://coward</a>-

terra