Author Topic: New Poll  (Read 12399 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
New Poll
« on: December 28, 2007, 09:14:49 PM »
Vote once please

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Poll
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 09:39:50 PM »
What comments?  What thread?    ???
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 09:42:02 PM »

Knutey

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 10:11:22 PM »
Vote once please

He should be banned for what he said to Plane as well. I have been exiled for much less.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
Totally uncalled for.  Brings the level of debate right down into the gutter, as low as it can get.  I'd give 24 hrs. to make an unconditional, serious and sincere  apology and then ban him for life if he doesn't.  You can be the sole judge of whether the apology is serious and sincere or not, but IMHO, it would have to score pretty high on the grovel level.  A simple "sorry" is not going to pass muster.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 11:57:22 PM »
Bull hockey.

It was certainly and unquestioningly uncalled-for, IMHO, no doubt about that. But, things around here can and do get a little dehumanizing occasionally anyway, so it was more negative than most but not by much.

Plus, Rich does provide a valuable service here at the Forum. I would like that voice to be heard. I soemtiems agree with him and sometimes don't, but it is a vocie/position that should be heard.

I find the intense condescending attitude of JS to be EXTREMELY grating, but I wouldn't advocate him being cast out where gnashing of teeth occurs either.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:17:03 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 12:15:29 AM »
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 12:16:46 AM »
<<It was certainly and unquestioningly uncalled-for. IMHO, no doubt about that. But, things around here can and do get a little dehumanizing occasionally anyway, so it was more negative than most but not by much.>>

IMHO, it was a LOT more vile than most of the personal insults that occur here.  It was purely ad hominem or ad feminem, a purely personal attack and just as foul and vile as it can get.

<<Plus, Rich does provide a valuable service here at the Forum. I would like that voice to be heard.>>

Yes, he does, and I'll miss his voice if he goes.  But there's no contribution so valuable that it trumps the basic human decency that we as members owe to one another.  Insults DO get batted around here, but I really can't recall any one of them as vile and disgusting as Rich's attack on terra.

<<I find the intense condescending attitude of JS to be EXTREMELY grating, but I wouldn't advocate him being cast out where gnashing of teeth occurs either.>>

Ludicrous to compare your feeling of what is basically annoyance or irritation with the hurtfulness of the insult levelled at terra.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 12:27:51 AM »
Just vote folks.

let's save the speeches for damnation or redemption for later.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 08:13:11 AM »
I can't find the comment.
Perhaps someone could tell me where this is?
Thank you.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 09:24:21 AM »
I can't find the comment.
Perhaps someone could tell me where this is?
Thank you.

BT posted the link further down in this thread. Here it is again: http://debategate.com/new3dhs/index.php?topic=4904.0

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 10:27:36 AM »
<<Just vote folks.

<<let's save the speeches for damnation or redemption for later. >>

But people need guidance before they vote.  That's why political campaigns are conducted before the voting and not after.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 12:21:07 PM »
<<Just vote folks.

<<let's save the speeches for damnation or redemption for later. >>

But people need guidance before they vote.  That's why political campaigns are conducted before the voting and not after.

No, campaigns are handled to "handle" people. Don't tell me you actually believe cmapaigns change a great number of votes. ????
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »
Ludicrous to compare your feeling of what is basically annoyance or irritation with the hurtfulness of the insult levelled at terra.

Both you and Terra have said some pretty vile things to me in the past, but I don't remember either of you being banned for them.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »
Speaking from personal experience as someone who was once kicked out, herself  ;)(but of course I was very upset with an individual here, and I suppose it was good for everyone at that time that I take a long deserved break from the old western saloon days).....

I think Richpo's words were harsh, indeed.  I was taken aback by them,  but I wouldn't kick him out. It's still a saloon, afterall. He has had a pretty good track record, you have to admit.

Ok...yes, I also agree that we should be allowed to speak to the issue before voting.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:47:44 PM by Cynthia »