Author Topic: New Poll  (Read 12402 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Poll
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2008, 11:32:03 PM »
<<Who is willing to wager how much of this discussion has been about RichPo and how much has been a venue -the vent-mobile?>>

Speaking for myself only, this thread was 100% about Rich and his vile, hurtful and totally unacceptable conduct towards terra.   If we can't put human dignity and basic respect towards each of our members at the forefront of all our other concerns, it doesn't really say much for our collective values or even for us as human beings.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2008, 11:42:58 PM »
<<What is the path for RichPo redemption?>>

He apologizes to terra in a manner that our moderator will judge to be sincere and unconditional.  Otherwise, fuck him and fuck his redemption.

<<Is it poossible that our community remain diverse and represent all points of the compass , but not become a saloon brawl ?>>

Yeah, sure it's possible.  But let's keep our priorities in order: no. 1 is that there has to be, allowing for all the heat and vituperation of debate, a basic unbreachable level of respect of one human being to another.  AFTER that comes diversity, all points of the compass and not becoming a saloon brawl.

Hmmmm...

Well said .

How about tolerance for the diffrence when we diagree about the placement of these lines?

Cynthia

« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2008, 12:11:17 AM »
<<Who is willing to wager how much of this discussion has been about RichPo and how much has been a venue -the vent-mobile?>>

Speaking for myself only, this thread was 100% about Rich and his vile, hurtful and totally unacceptable conduct towards terra.   If we can't put human dignity and basic respect towards each of our members at the forefront of all our other concerns, it doesn't really say much for our collective values or even for us as human beings.

Well, true...this was all about RICHpO.

So, now...why aren't we asking RichPo for an apology? SEriously, why aren't we  trying to upgrade the member's rude behavior instead of discussing the "behavior" past tense?

Oh.....of course...RichPo would never apologize. But a better man would have....

So, he's gone!!
Let's move on!

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2008, 01:36:46 AM »
So, he's gone!!
Let's move on!

Rich isn't gone. He is waiting until the poll closes.

fatman

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2008, 01:40:45 AM »
Would that one month suspension be active from the date of offense, the date the poll closes, or the date the decision is delivered?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2008, 01:45:45 AM »
That would be up to the moderators. I'll try to gather a consensus of where we go from here, not only with Rich, but the forum in general, this weekend.

Moderators please send me an email to bt@debategate so i have current addresses.

Cynthia

« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2008, 01:49:30 AM »
Geezzz.... I'll miss RichPo in the sports section of this saloon.

He wasn't rude to me.

Oh well......like I've said...even I was once banned from the club BABALOO....and I deserved it.

Anger is part of life....and so is conflict.

Terra has made comments about us all in the past. She can push buttons, 'tis true...but she didn't deserve to be called such outrageous names....upon her return...,, for God's sake.

So, let's move the freak on!