Author Topic: The Case for Change  (Read 558 times)

Cynthia

The Case for Change
« on: January 03, 2008, 11:34:15 PM »
Ok, I can see that very few people are here tonight to express views on the very night that is the hot spot of politics....

but, I have to ask this question:

Why is it that we feel the need to elect a leader who is NOT of the party of the past administration?...be it 4 or 8 years in office?
Are we electing a leader based on the fact that that "runner" is of another party IN GENERAL?
Why do we think we need a fresh change each time we go to the booth? If we need a change every couple of terms in office, then why bother run at all?
Is there a pattern here?

Reb(8 years strong/weak for whatever reason)
Dem(another 8 years weak/strong for whatever reason)
promises promises.....lyrics in a song?

NCLB.....is my concern. Period. Children are being left behind.

If it means that Clinton can step up and change this ugly horse....she's my man.

But, I have noticed that we tend to elect NEWNESS no matter the 'ISSUE'!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Case for Change
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 03:09:56 AM »
Power corrupts.

Being in power too long corrupts not just a man but a whole party.

There must be some alternation else the honest would have no access to the top at all.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Case for Change
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 03:31:39 AM »
There must be a change. Juniorbush is ineligible, and Cheney is pretty much universally despised by everyone.

There is no reason to reelect another Republican. They have mongered a war, deprived us of our rights, enveloped their ugly deeds in an unparalleled veil of secrecy. Our foreign relationships are at an all time low, Our money has been deprived of its value by a 'borrow and squander" policy.They are without a doubt the biggest f*ck-ups in US history. The Republicans in Congress agree with Juniorbush and his toadies. Mitch McConnell is a hateful and despicable excuse for a human being, a puppet of big tobacco and big everything else.

Screwing the country should not be rewarded with a return to power.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."