Author Topic: HILLARY GETS 3rd IN IOWA?  (Read 1404 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HILLARY GETS 3rd IN IOWA?
« on: January 04, 2008, 12:16:37 AM »

funny

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: HILLARY GETS 3rd IN IOWA?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 02:33:15 AM »
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »

Hillary is in a real bind
She needs to go on the attack
Nobody can attack like her henchmen
But if she does it will come off wrong and escpecially against a black man
She has to be very, very careful
She must attack, but she could alienate the blacks she MUST HAVE to win a general election
This is very interesting.
I would think she is trying to get others to drop out so she can pick up some support without going after Obama directly

yellow_crane

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 02:53:55 PM »

Hillary is in a real bind
She needs to go on the attack
Nobody can attack like her henchmen
But if she does it will come off wrong and escpecially against a black man
She has to be very, very careful
She must attack, but she could alienate the blacks she MUST HAVE to win a general election
This is very interesting.
I would think she is trying to get others to drop out so she can pick up some support without going after Obama directly

I noticed that Hillary wasted no time on the nuanced change of direction, and all applications therein.  Her speech about coming in third last night contained the word "change" more times than she has used the word in her whole life.

She keeps talking about experience, and we will see the utilizations of that more in the rest of the campaign than she would ever use in the White House.

Should Hillary end up debating with Huckabee for the First Chair, we shall witness politics and political parties in America through the lens of Alice's looking glass--Huckabee sounding like a sparkling-eyed liberal and Hillary sounding like a cold-blooded bottom-liner.  In the background, replacing Up With America will droll the harmonies of Up For Grabs, a tune decidedly more heavy metal than we are used to.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 03:05:04 PM »
"Walter Mondale and George W. Bush, for instance, bounced back from humbling New Hampshire defeats, and George H.W. Bush rallied after finishing third in Iowa in 1988. But none of those big-name front-runners tempted fate by falling short in two straight major contests. That dramatically raises the stakes for Clinton in New Hampshire, where a loss will put her in uncharted territory, as overwhelming front-runners go"

BTW CRANE
I would be shocked if Huckabee was the nominee.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 03:45:47 PM »
The news this morning pointed out several times that Iowa is more than ninety percent white.
This wasn't mentiond much before they voted.

Is it really surpriseing that a very "white" state could choose a non-white canadate?

How will this play and be reported in states that have a more substantial non-white population?

Hillary is likely to do better in states that have more urban population , but I could be wrong about that.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »
<<I would think she is trying to get others to drop out so she can pick up some support without going after Obama directly>>

Would she not still  be stuck with the problem of getting the votes of the drop-outs' supporters to come to her rather than to Obama?  She might still have to attack Obama just to take the fall-out votes.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 08:24:27 PM »
<<I would think she is trying to get others to drop out so she can pick up some support without going after Obama directly>>

Would she not still  be stuck with the problem of getting the votes of the drop-outs' supporters to come to her rather than to Obama?  She might still have to attack Obama just to take the fall-out votes.

That is a good point.

She might benefit rom additional canadates , f these were caadates who appealed to the same voteing dmographic as her main rival.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 09:49:41 PM »
Personally, I hope she goes down in flames from here.