Author Topic: We, who are without sin . . .  (Read 3515 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: We, who are without sin . . .
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 11:23:48 PM »
I like to point out one goodthing about britney that nobody notice.
through out this whole craziness.
she has never spent a single dime of the money she made .
every expense we hear about is paid from the interest she incured.
she a total mess but somehow unlike all other young celebrities she was able to keep her money.
if only she knew enough to enjoy a quite life.
it one of the pleasures of beiong old.
I did the crazy party(remember me and strippers) life.
but I finally settled.
very few people her age enjoy the slower pace.
I truely enjoy boredom in my vacations,because time slows down and thats a very goodthing.
unfortunately many people my age don`t get it and are cursed with never being happy.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 01:10:18 AM »
How do we come to support or even tolerate the sort of industry that springs up around celebrity's?

Why is there big money to be had by invading the privacy of prominent people?

What do we need it for, and why is it so persistant?

If anything it seems to gradually get worse , where is all the support for this phenomenon coming from?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 03:36:07 AM »
the payout is so huge for this info,that pretty much most folks is willing to do it.
it`s so bad I think there`s a site devoted to just track the whereabouts of celebrities .
privacy is all gone for these folks.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 03:45:33 AM »
Yes, I am familiar with Adam-Ondi-Ahman.  We believe it to be near the site of the Garden of Eden. 

===================================
I grew up in Northern Missouri. Eden it is not. I suppose for someone like Smith, who was raised in frigid upstate NY, it might have seemed so, but it is not a place where Adam and Eve would have been able to frolic about in their birthday suits. It is way below freezing at least three months of the year, and hotter than the hinges of Hades in the summer.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »
I grew up in Northern Missouri. Eden it is not. I suppose for someone like Smith, who was raised in frigid upstate NY, it might have seemed so, but it is not a place where Adam and Eve would have been able to frolic about in their birthday suits. It is way below freezing at least three months of the year, and hotter than the hinges of Hades in the summer.

Yeah, but Eden was back awhile, and it was also abollished.  So we are comparing apples and oranges.  I, as it happens, have only been to Missouri once - Primary Leadership Development Course at Fort Leonardwood, MO.  From my perspective Missouri is just Misery mispronounced - a lot closer to hell than paradise! :D
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 11:31:57 AM »
How do we come to support or even tolerate the sort of industry that springs up around celebrity's?

Why is there big money to be had by invading the privacy of prominent people?

What do we need it for, and why is it so persistant?

If anything it seems to gradually get worse , where is all the support for this phenomenon coming from?

The market, did you even have to ask?

People have an interest and the market fills that need for information. Why people have an interest and whether it is healthy or not is of no concern. Money is exchanged for a service. That is the wonderful system you all love and adore. Why are you questioning it?!?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 11:44:19 AM »

The "market" causes people to have an interest in the private doings of celebrities? You'll have to explain that a bit further...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »

The "market" causes people to have an interest in the private doings of celebrities? You'll have to explain that a bit further...

The market doesn't cause the interest, it fills the niche for the interest by invading their privacy and providing the information. It could care less as to the "why." I explained that in the post as you well know.

Although, that isn't entirely true. With advertising and marketing, which use psychology to a great extent, many products and services are now produced and the interest in them are created to a certain extent, or at least built upon an intitial interest. In other words, "you should be interested in Brittney's life, here's why..." So as I think on it, the answer is really a bit of both.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.