Author Topic: The 2008 SOP Democrat stump speech  (Read 19901 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The 2008 SOP Democrat stump speech
« on: January 17, 2008, 03:02:30 PM »
Given in 3 different formats, Obama's, Hill's, and Edwards, all pushing the class warfare rhetoric to it's utmost shrillest & ugliest.  Basically, "...it's not fair that 'the rich' have more than you.  Elect me, and I'll make it my top priority to take $$$$ from them, and to give it to you.".  Obama presents it with the most "class", pun intended, while Hill's trying to woo them with the tears

Our founders must be rolling in their graves at this garbage       >:(
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The 2008 SOP Democrat stump speech
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 03:05:56 PM »
So you don't think Donald Trump and Paris Hilton should pay taxes?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »
<<"...it's not fair that 'the rich' have more than you.  Elect me, and I'll make it my top priority to take $$$$ from them, and to give it to you.">>

Makes sense to me.  They've got waaaaay too much money and the poor have way too little.  They gotta pay more.  Lots more.  Well said.  No reason in the world why the children of the poor should be disadvantaged in health care, education or housing and no reason for the rich to be spoiled, overindulged and pampered.  Level the playing field here. 

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »
all pushing the class warfare rhetoric to it's utmost shrillest & ugliest

:'(

Where's my violin so I can play a dirge.

No wait. There is a such thing as class struggle! I only wish they'd do more than pay lip service to it.

Count me in with Mike and XO. We should tax Dick Cheney, the CEO's of CACI, Titan, Halliburton KBR, Bechtel, Blackwater (all of whom - except Cheney I have no idea about - made at least $27,000,000 just last year) much more than we do currently.

Class exists. Class struggle exists. Calling it "warfare" and "ugly" doesn't make it go away. Having a city like Detroit with 82% African-Americans whose per capita income is only $14,000 per year is hard to throw a blanket over Sirs.

We should have free universities, universal healthcare, free schooling and training for those who lose their jobs, publicly owned utilities, just to name a few. And no tax shelters and breaks for the wealthy.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:07:53 PM »
<<Count me in with Mike and XO. We should tax Dick Cheney, the CEO's of CACI, Titan, Halliburton KBR, Bechtel, Blackwater (all of whom - except Cheney I have no idea about - made at least $27,000,000 just last year) much more than we do currently.>>

Cheney, Bush, the CACI, Titan, KBR, etc. CEOs should actually be thrown in jail, put on trial for their lives for war crimes, crimes against humanity, various atrocities, including torture, massacre, rape and murder, executed if found guilty and their estates confiscated and distributed to all the victims of their wars of aggression.  Taxing them is just letting them get away with murder.

People who oughtta be taxed more are legitimate businessmen, some of whom I actually admire, guys like Bill Gates, Michael Dell, George Soros, etc.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:49:10 PM »
The rich have too much money.

Anyone who buys a $6000 shower curtain should have all their money taken away.

Paying that much money for something so worthless should be considered a crime when there are veterans and children sleeping in the streets in ANY country.

If everyone in the world could have a $6000 shower curtain, I'd be fine with it but no one should have anything so vulgar while a child goes hungry.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 09:58:56 PM »
The rich have too much money.

Anyone who buys a $6000 shower curtain should have all their money taken away.

Paying that much money for something so worthless should be considered a crime when there are veterans and children sleeping in the streets in ANY country.

If everyone in the world could have a $6000 shower curtain, I'd be fine with it but no one should have anything so vulgar while a child goes hungry.

The guy that bought the $6000 shower curtain is in jail for buying a $6000 dollar shower curtain , shower curtain artizens are dismayed to find a ceiling on the value of their work.

All over the world shower curtain makers were elated at the remarkable price paid , they bought champaigne , they read brochures from the colledges that thei children could now aspire to attend, but lo , over the horizon arose the angry mob and jailed the Shower curtain buyer for his foolishness, Shower curtain makers and shower curtain distributors and their children are destined to remain poor.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »
Choice....absolutely choice, and great, albeit, expected responses

"The rich" have too much money (boy, the jealously is nearly tangible)

Class struggle exists (which of course translates into the need to facilitate said class warfare, further dividing America as much as possible into "the evil rich" vs everyone else)

And it's quite apparent that the stump speech makes perfect sense to Tee, though Xo's blurb made no sense what-so-ever.  Someone was claiming that "the rich" shouldn't pay any taxes??

As I said, our founding fathers would be rolling in their graves with what the Dems have done to the notion what government is supposed to do.  Kinda like how the NAACP and folks like Sharpton & Jackson have mutated MLK Jr's message of civil rights & equality, regardless of race
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 11:01:01 PM »
<<Class struggle exists (which of course translates into the need to facilitate said class warfare, further dividing America as much as possible into "the evil rich" vs everyone else)>>

Hilarious.  Prior to the evil Democrats and their diabolical stump speech (written, apparently by none other than our own sirs!  Go figure) there was minimal division between the rich and the poor.  Their children attended the same schools, ate the same food and went to the same expensive dentists for their braces.  They played on the same soccer teams and vacationed together in Europe during the summer vacation and in West Palm or Daytona during the spring break.  Surfed together on the same beaches.  The divisions were barely perceptible.

Then came the evil Democrats.  Their stump speeches inflamed all the ugly passions of the class war.  Sadly, the wonderful, glorious rich of America were set apart from their poor and middle class brethren and sistren.  Dissension had come to the land.  And the rich wept bitter tears.  And the evil Democrats smirked.  While the Founding Fathers rotated in their graves at speeds approachng 36,000 rpm.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 11:03:44 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 11:11:12 PM »
Well said, Tee.

There is a class struggle, just as there was always a struggle between the nobility and the commoners. Lately, they have been getting richer and richer, while the rest of the country has grown poorer.

If allowed to continue, you end up with a mess like Czarist Russia or Venezuela, and then there comes a Lenin or a Hugo Chavez to end it all. So it is better if we just tax them in accordance with the huge wealth that a system than can never be fair has provided them through chance.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 11:12:41 PM »
Sad, but consistent

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 12:00:04 AM »

Class struggle exists (which of course translates into the need to facilitate said class warfare, further dividing America as much as possible into "the evil rich" vs everyone else)

And it's quite apparent that the stump speech makes perfect sense to Tee, though Xo's blurb made no sense what-so-ever.  Someone was claiming that "the rich" shouldn't pay any taxes??

As I said, our founding fathers would be rolling in their graves with what the Dems have done to the notion what government is supposed to do.  Kinda like how the NAACP and folks like Sharpton & Jackson have mutated MLK Jr's message of civil rights & equality, regardless of race

Some of the Founding Father's rolled over in their graves when they saw black women voting Sirs.

What is it that you think should happen? The poor should thank every wealthy person that graces them with their presence? Maybe we should have a holiday to thank the fabulously wealthy? We'll call it Tinkle Down Day!

Why do you think this should be? WHy should class and class struggle be completely ignored as if it does not exist?

And it is funny to me that you think it is jealousy that drives everything. I'm certainly not a materialistic person and I have not seen anything to indicate that Mike, XO, or Brass are pining for a fleet of Mercedes SUV's or $6,000 shower curtains.

It is about equality. Nothing more, nothing less.

Right now in Iraq there are U.S. Army soldiers who overeat on purpose to gain enough weight to receive an honorable discharge. It takes far too long to process a dishonorable discharge. Then they return to Iraq and work for one of the contractors making a six figure salary doing exactly the same job as they did for the military. You want to know what is killing recruitment and morale in Iraq? Class struggle.

You can piss down people's backs and tell them it is raining for only so long.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 02:04:18 AM »

What is it that you think should happen? The poor should thank every wealthy person that graces them with their presence? Maybe we should have a holiday to thank the fabulously wealthy? We'll call it Tinkle Down Day!

You really want to know?  You realize Js that "poor people" don't employ many others.  They in fact are in need of "the rich" to provide the opportunities for those who don't have the initiative to go it alone.  Maybe we need a "let's appreciate the amount of taxes the rich pays" day.  The utter egregious distortions made with the class warfare garbage is enough to give a person a migraine.  The idea that the rich don't pay "their fair share" is utterly pathetic, when you look at the % amount they do, compared to "the poor".   It's a little like the conversation you were having with Prince regarding foreign employment situations.  Sticking it to "the rich" actually hurts "the poor", by taking jobs away, making more and more "poor".  Which of course feeds the notion of how the government is necessary to "fix the disparity", when in reality the greatest chance you can give "the poor" is to largely get Government out of the way.  Let the market work, let free enterprise work, let competition work. 

But playing this asanine jealousy game of emotion, and how terrible it is that there are rich people, and it's not fair that there are and we aren't, is simply immoral, in my book
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:12:45 AM by sirs »