Author Topic: Adapt to win or Stay the course?  (Read 2956 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Adapt to win or Stay the course?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »
I guess the other choice is cut and run. And the american people will decide in November.

Not sure why the dems decided to make Iraq the issue, not sure that was in their best interests.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 12:06:28 AM »
Like it said in that article that JS posted, we can cut and stay.  That  seems to be what we're doing now.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 12:12:39 AM »
I guess the other choice is cut and run. And the american people will decide in November.

Not sure why the dems decided to make Iraq the issue, not sure that was in their best interests.

-----------------------------
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/25/AR2006102502000.html

War Now Works Against GOP
Iraq Often Seen as Hindrance in Campaigns

[]
In the most competitive races, Iraq echoes in varying ways, but almost always for Republicans it is a problem to be navigated and for Democrats a stick to be brandished. In Ohio, it helped put incumbent Sen. Mike DeWine (R) on the defensive. In House races in Pennsylvania and Illinois, it gave three Democratic war veterans and novice politicians an opening.[]
In Connecticut and Ohio, in Pennsylvania and New Mexico, critical swaths of voters tell pollsters they are using the war as a lens to assess -- and in many cases punish -- the party in control of the White House and both houses of Congress.[]

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 01:42:47 AM »
Like it said in that article that JS posted, we can cut and stay.

Please explain this cut and stay of which you speak. Does that refer to troop reduction? I understand the stay part. Not sure what you mean by cut.

Mucho

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 02:27:01 AM »

Please explain this cut and stay of which you speak. Does that refer to troop reduction? I understand the stay part. Not sure what you mean by cut.

Cut N Stay is easy- You cut yourself off from reality and stay in  Iraq until you are mincemeat like the Bushidiot is doing now.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 03:24:28 AM »

I took it to mean a sort of half-@$$ed approach to being there.  Not enough troops, not paying attention to pre-war or post-war planners, and not enough guts to run.   Cut and stay.    Meatgrinder approach to war.  Our troops are the meat.   
I just can't  believe what our poor military has to go through.    This is not good for keeping a voluntary military. 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 06:08:41 AM »
I took it to mean a sort of half-@$$ed approach to being there.  Not enough troops, not paying attention to pre-war or post-war planners, and not enough guts to run.   Cut and stay.    Meatgrinder approach to war.  Our troops are the meat.   

Am i wrong in interpreting this criticism as meaning that you believe the military needs to be more aggressive, to escalate the war by bringing in more troops and taking it to the enemy? I'm not sure why you think it takes guts to run. Mikey rightly calls it cowardice.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 10:59:26 AM »
Does anyone seriously believe that the US could ever send enough troops to Iraq to force all 22,000,000 Iraqis to adopt American views of politics?

The invasion was a horrid mistake. The Iraqis don't want us there, except for those we employ.

Iraq has a history of 6000 years of government, and they never came close to what Rummy, Cheney and Juniorbush are tryjng to foist.
 on them.

Never was the statement "If you are not part of the sloution, you are part of the problem" been more true. The US cannot be the solution or even a useful part of it. All it can do is to piss away billions and billions more, with a goodly stream spewing money into the pockets of Halliburton, Dick 'Waterboarding is a no-brainer' Cheney and other greedhead contractors.

The US created the problem, but will never be able to solve it.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."