Author Topic: McCain-warns-there-will-be- war  (Read 16377 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: McCain-warns-there-will-be- war
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2008, 11:47:03 PM »
>>Also Bush?s Fault ? the cities were at risk from hijacked planes and Bush was at the helm for almost eight months, during which virtually nothing was done to address the problem.<<

It never ends does it. I imagine will go on for decades. The left never seems to tire of lying about Reagan, Bush, hell they even lie about Nixon!

After eight years of President Bush I have to say that if nothing else, he?s exposed these people for what they are. Hopefully some of them will seek medical attention, but more than likely they are part of the 46 million uninsured.

Seriously folks, airline security, prior to 9-11 is President Bush?s fault because ? I guess he was supposed to over haul the entire airline industry in less than eight months. Remember now, you don?t just snap your fingers, especially when it comes to the government. Meetings, hearings, more meetings, more hearings, votes, amendments, more votes, more amendments, a final vote ? and then it?s off to the Senate! For hearings, meetings ?. You get the picture. But hey! Bush, idiot that he is, should have seen the future. He should have known.

Pardon me while I go puke.

Rapid and profound change like tht would be tough if George Bush were King , espcially tough because the President shares power. Rich is right , American Presidents do not rule by decree , it is usually necessacery to gather consensus.

Remember when Clinton first became President? Day one eight o'clock he writes an order to integrate the military with Homosexuals , even when the entire corps is sworn to obedience ,that sort of kingly , imperious arrogance doesn't fly.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2008, 11:48:14 PM »
<<He at the helm for almost 8 months, and his first budget had yet to be submitted.>>

There had to be a way to present at least some of this as a special emergency budget.  The security gaps were a disaster waiting to happen.  As a minimum he could have had marshalls on all flights.  Eight months is a long time.  Also the air traffic controllers can tell in five minutes if a plane is majorly off course.  The shoot-down capability shouldn't have taken more than a month to establish.

<<Also, Bush cannot rewrite federal law by himself, and 8 months is not enough to get the laws pertaining to a major industry changed.>>

He never even tried.  Presented as an emergency regulation it could have been done. 

<<I notice you have no criticism for the previous administrations, who had over 50 years to do the same thing...>>

Didn't happen on their watch.  Happened on Bush's.  He claimed to be better than the previous administrations.  Now you're saying he didn't even have to try to be better, it's enough that he's no worse?  He had the responsibility.  The danger was a growing danger.  The resentment of Amerikkka had been building steadily.  He was oblivious to it.

Rich

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2008, 11:59:04 PM »
>>He never even tried.  Presented as an emergency regulation it could have been done.<<

Once again you show your ignorance of American and it's government. You have absolutely no idea what you're accusing the president of, you're simply throwing out accusations because that's what you do. Prior to 9-11 NO ONE even remotely considered the idea of airliners being used as missiles, NO ONE. It was a pre-9/11 world and the world was still thinking terrorists hijacked airliners.

But hey, if the next door neighbors dog tells you to blame it on Bush, you better do it.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 12:01:16 AM »
<<Prior to 9-11 . . . >>

Prior to 9-11, the levels of anti-Amerikkkan feeling in the world had been steadily rising.  The world was changing.  Bush didn't have a clue.  He didn't see because he wasn't looking.  But it was his job to be looking.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 12:20:41 AM »
<<Prior to 9-11 . . . >>

Prior to 9-11, the levels of anti-Amerikkkan feeling in the world had been steadily rising.  The world was changing.  Bush didn't have a clue.  He didn't see because he wasn't looking.  But it was his job to be looking.

Steadily riseing for eight months?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2008, 12:25:44 AM »
<<Steadily riseing for eight months?>>

A lot longer than that.  He had plenty of warning.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008, 12:34:01 AM »

Longer ?

Why?

During the period that the USA learned to feed the world and promoted the Green revolution feeding the worlds poulation better than ever before...

During the period that the USA fostered democracy helping it survive the attack of despotism and promoteing democracy to the point that it is the most common system of government ...

During the time that the US encuraged free trade and enritched its tradeing partners with dollars ...

All that time the USA was earning eniminity?

Why was President Bush supposed to be diffrent than prevous presidents in this respect , was he not chosen by the same electoriate that had chosen FDR?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2008, 04:14:43 AM »

Longer ?.....Why was President Bush supposed to be diffrent than prevous presidents in this respect , was he not chosen by the same electoriate that had chosen FDR?

Plane, didn't you get the memo?  Bush wasn't chosen by the electorate, he was chosen by the Far Right Supreme Court      ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2008, 09:13:35 AM »
<<Bush wasn't chosen by the electorate, he was chosen by the Far Right Supreme Court      Wink>>

Minus the wink, sirs, you sure got THAT right.

As for plane's idea that the same electorate that voted in FDR also voted in George W. Bush, I almost hate to break the news to this gentle soul, but somebody's gotta tell  him:  plane, sit down and brace yourself - - most of the people who voted  for FDR have died a long time ago and are now in heaven, (unless they cast their votes in the South.)

plane also wanted to know when enmity was rising against the U.S. and asked whether it was . . .

<<During the period that the USA learned to feed the world and promoted the Green revolution feeding the worlds poulation better than ever before...

<<During the period that the USA fostered democracy helping it survive the attack of despotism and promoteing democracy to the point that it is the most common system of government ...

<<During the time that the US encuraged free trade and enritched its tradeing partners with dollars ...>>

to which I would answer that it probably started in most places during and after the U.S. invasion, bombing, occupation and terrorization of Viet Nam although in Latin America it probably started after the U.S. government, on behalf of a few Fortune 500 companies, overthrew the democratically elected government of Guatemala and installed and supported a vicious military dictatorship that killed hundreds of thousands of its own people, mostly after horrific torture and continued to do the same all over Central and South America.  I don't have time to deal in detail with the rest of your hilarious attempts to mischaracterize as benevolent altruism what the U.S. was actually doing in the world, but to keep this focused on the Middle East, where the thread belongs, I would say that:

anti-Amerikkkan sentiment was smouldering in the Middle East as it became evident, after the Eisenhower administration ended, that U.S. support was really tilting from neutral to pro-Israeli, but really caught fire after the First Intifada, when Israeli brutality became front-page news everywhere BUT the U.S.   The stationing of U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia appears to have set off bin Laden and his followers, whose chief objective was to demonstrate to all Arabs and Muslims the real menace that Amerikkka represented to them and turn them against their bought-off pro-Amerikkkan rulers.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »
The record of American Benelevolence has always been mixed.

What good we did the French might be balanced with what evil we have done the Apache , the period in which Americans have been offensive to someone started at day one.

Trying to do the right thing is one of the things that causes a lot of the troubble , but to become isolationist serves just as well and also gets us into troubble.

The answer to the indefada is to win it , then be good , being good as the looser won't work out .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:05 AM »
<<Plane, didn't you get the memo?  Bush wasn't chosen by the electorate, he was chosen by the Far Right Supreme Court       Wink>>

Actually, with the wink, I'm dead on accurate with how much a joke the idea is.  Borders the Elvis Factor.  But as long as you feel better, that's the important thing     ;D

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
<<Plane, didn't you get the memo?  Bush wasn't chosen by the electorate, he was chosen by the Far Right Supreme Court       Wink>>

Actually, with the wink, I'm dead on accurate with how much a joke the idea is.  Borders the Elvis Factor.  But as long as you feel better, that's the important thing     ;D

As I recall Sirs, the electorate chose Al Gore. The electoral college chose George W. Bush.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

As I recall Sirs, the electorate chose Al Gore. The electoral college chose George W. Bush.

My Bad.....you're right Js, the Constitution chose Bush over Gore.  Good catch

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2008, 11:54:45 AM »

My Bad.....you're right Js, the Constitution chose Bush over Gore.  Good catch

Another close election is possible ,irony would be served hot and steaming if the electorial colledge were to frustrate 1% of the electorate this time.

Are the members of any party ready to declare that they will honor the electorate or will they stick to the rules as they are ?

makeing such a declaration before the election is resolve , afterwards is whining.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »
Not exactly the same thing as the electorate, is it, sirs?  The electorate is the American people voting.  The Constitution is a document trying in this case to take some of that fabled "democracy" away from the American people voting.  As I said, minus the wink, you actually did get it right that one time.