Author Topic: Election Fraud  (Read 3688 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Election Fraud
« on: October 25, 2006, 08:55:46 PM »
Been thinking a bit lately.

Correct me if i am wrong but most of the stories that have come out about how to hack electronic voting machines  have been prominently displayed on places like huffpost and daily kos. In here Brass and Lanya like to post them. And i'm not sure it is republicans who figured out how to hack these machines. The folks at blackbox don't seem that type.

So I'm wondering.

If the dems win congress will that be the end of election fraud charges or will it be discovered that the dems put into practice what they have discovered and written about.

Just asking, ya know.

Mucho

Re: Election Fraud
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 02:12:36 AM »
Been thinking a bit lately.

Correct me if i am wrong but most of the stories that have come out about how to hack electronic voting machines  have been prominently displayed on places like huffpost and daily kos. In here Brass and Lanya like to post them. And i'm not sure it is republicans who figured out how to hack these machines. The folks at blackbox don't seem that type.

So I'm wondering.

If the dems win congress will that be the end of election fraud charges or will it be discovered that the dems put into practice what they have discovered and written about.

Just asking, ya know.

You must really stop smoking that funny lookin weed, BT. It makes you talk crazy & all.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:21:49 AM »
Thanks for validating my theory.

Mucho

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:25:11 AM »
Thanks for validating my theory.

You have a need for validation? How un- Republican of you.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 06:12:28 AM »
You have a need for validation? How un- Republican of you.

Just the opposite. Shattering stereotypes is the Republican way.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 11:53:08 AM »
Just asking, ya know.

Well, my partisan, but realistic answer to that is of course it'll "take it away", in the context that if the Dems win, "everything worked the way it was supposed to."  If the GOP wins, then obviously "they rigged the machines and stole yet another election."  At least that's how I'd see it playing out.  But as one of my other postings pointed out, thanks to Gore, expect a myriad of legal challenges to any close race, by both parties.  And don't expect resolution to these court challenges for possibly months, at which time accusations of election fraud and tampering will likely become rampant
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:05:25 PM »
Here is the answer you're not going to get from others.

No, it won't be the end of it from me. 

Personally, I think the voting system if broken.  There is no accountability.  There is no way to know if the computer is spitting out the results that the people have actually voted. 

(On the tinfoil hat tip, I don't believe that the stealing of elections is purely a GOP stronghold.  Admittedly, it has been their main tool in maintaining power but it is not exclusively their tool.  I firmly believe that Ford may steal the election somehow.)

And don't get me started on Hillary.  I think that the corporations who own Bush and the gang would be more than happy to install Hillary once Bush and the gang are done.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 03:57:03 PM »
Brass,

I was thinking of you with every character i typed for that post.

And you ar right, it won't go away. And you are right there needs to be a printed reciept as well as some other paper trails installed in these machines.

And you are also right that if the GOP could do it so could the dems.

The power to reward your backers derived from being elected is well worth the risk.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »
A totally honest election that cannot be proven to be so, might cause more problems than a rigged election that could be corrected with proofs .

Lets have voter ID and paper ballots in large type and simple format.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 06:03:32 PM »
There's an election right now where the democratic contender's name is chopped off because it wouldn't fit on the screen.  While ALL the candidates' party affiliations have been chopped as well.

This is just crazy!

I forget where that was happening but the election commissioner was like "Oh we'll have it fixed by the NEXT election cycle like it's no big deal.  Like they're out of hot dogs at the 7/11 but they'll have more tomorrow.

I saw a video on YouTube or Google where a guy was testifying that he had been asked to write a program that would cover up how an election was stolen.

And election commissions all across the country just keep buying these things.  What's crazy is the place where I vote every time is usually staffed by people over 60 who don't really even know how to work a mouse it seems like.  I just don't understand how it keeps rolling and no one is saying, "Hey, we're not buying one more of these things till all the kinks are out of them."

And if the Dems DO get control of the house and senate, then I'd be just as inclined to watch them.  (Now, of course, my reasons are more tinfoil hatty than most.  If Hillary wins the "presidency" in '08 then I will be convinced that the DLC/triangulation types have been in cahoots with the neo-con/Rovian types all along.  Why? you may ask?  Just 'cause.)

>:(

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 09:13:26 PM »
I saw a video on YouTube or Google where a guy was testifying that he had been asked to write a program that would cover up how an election was stolen.

Saw in the comments of that youtuber that the guy who was asked to write the hack is running for congress as a dem. Now i am curious if he did write the program and that is why he is running.

oh well . I'm sure he has plausible deniability.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 10:34:22 PM »
Well, then you would probably vote for him if you had the chance since you seem to think that is the only thing that matters most times in discussions.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 11:31:36 PM »
I thought winning was everything. No matter how you win. Isn't that the idea behind the big noise machine?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 04:13:49 AM »
At the time that we worked on these projects, our group was aware of the awesome responsibility associated with designing voting technology, but this really hit home two-and-a-half years later as we discussed the 2000 Presidential election in Florida. "They could have been using our system," said one of my colleagues over lunch one day. And we all laughed uncomfortably, relieved that they weren't.

http://lorrie.cranor.org/voting/essay.html

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

This is a very informative article.