Author Topic: Why Does Obama's Pastor Matter?  (Read 17657 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Why Does Obama's Pastor Matter?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 10:29:53 PM »
Most medical treatments require informed consent.
The Jehovah's Witness cases are arguably a separation issue.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 10:39:14 PM »
The Jehovah's Witness parent/child blood transfusion issue has already been resolved in Canada.  Probably also in the U.S.A.  The parent does NOT have the right to deny medically necessary treatment to the child.   The basic issues are consent and conflict. 

YOU don't have the right to stop ME from sticking medically necessary needles into YOUR child.  (Of course, I could have said that I don't have the right to stop you from sticking medically necessary needles into my child, but it sounds better the way I said it first.)

I didn't read the article Lanya quoted from but I've seen the same kind of issue pop up elsewhee (AIDS prevention vs condom use, for example) and I've seen all too often that the religious right gets its way at the expense of the innocent victims of various diseases.  I'm sure Lanya misrepresented absolutely nothing.  That's just the way Repubicans are.  They will always cave to the religious right where public health is concerned.  They just don't give a shit, not when their ability to dictate how others must live is at stake.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2008, 10:40:29 PM »
Lanya's thought-crime was probably finding an article which actually showed Republican majorities favouring chastity over female lives and using the word "want" instead of the more accurate "prefer."  BFD.

Less than 200 people (and none of them officials in the GOP) are a "Republican majority"?

What's a "Democratic majority" then?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »
<<Less than 200 people (and none of them officials in the GOP) are a "Republican majority"?>>

There are millions of Republicans (unfortunately.)  How can 200 of them be a majority?

Rich

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 11:06:30 PM »
>>I see.  So despite "smears and meritless accusations" being the "bread and butter" of the left, you are unable to come up with any name other than Bob Jones' as an example of associations used by liberals to smear conservatives.  Not even one.<<

Let's see ... there's Jesus. If you associate yourself with him, the left brings out all the old standards.

Then there's Pat Roberston. He's a sure fire winner

Jerry Falwell, when he was alive anyway.

The Catholic Church. If your Catholic, you lefties simply can't resist play the "pedophile" priest card. Also associating yourself with the Church get's you branded a sexual devient because of the church' stance on birth control and abortion.

Does that satisfy you Uncle Mike?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »
There are millions of Republicans (unfortunately.)  How can 200 of them be a majority?

I don't know. You're the one that claimed that the group of less than 200 that was protesting mandatory vaccinations was a "Republican majority." You explain it to me.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2008, 11:25:03 PM »
You've gone from the ridiculous to the disturbing.

Ok, I couldn't stop laughing when I read this, Rich.

again......Kettle, Pot on line 2.

ROLLIN' on FL!!

Rich

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 11:27:49 PM »
Cynthia, so like most liberals, you'll defend anything. Stunning.

I suggst you stick to what you're good and and stay on the porch sweetheart.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2008, 11:31:45 PM »

YOU don't have the right to stop ME from sticking medically necessary needles into YOUR child. 

not when their ability to dictate how others must live is at stake.

So having the right to tell Jehovah's witnesses what they must do is not an example of dictating to others?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 11:37:16 PM »
<<Does that satisfy you Uncle Mike?>>

Not in the least.  I already had a list of Republican bad guys and crazies, thank you.

What I needed was a list of Republicans who had been smeared by liberals for associating with the wackos you named, the same way that Obama was smeared for his association with Wright and (one degree removed) Farrakhan and (two degrees removed) Ghaddafi and (three degrees removed) Satan himself.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 11:41:12 PM »
<<Does that satisfy you Uncle Mike?>>

Not in the least.  I already had a list of Republican bad guys and crazies, thank you.

What I needed was a list of Republicans who had been smeared by liberals for associating with the wackos you named, the same way that Obama was smeared for his association with Wright and (one degree removed) Farrakhan and (two degrees removed) Ghaddafi and (three degrees removed) Satan himself.

All right , how many degrees seaprate Ronald Reagan from any real racist ?

His Philidelphia speech was suppoedly in code that racists would understand and no one elese .
Are Racists better at code than anyone elese?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »
A racist speaking in racist code is simply a racist. 

What I asked for was a list of conservatives tarred with guilt by association.  Supposedly this is the liberals' stock in trade, so there should be plenty of examples.  Which conservative did the liberals tar with guilt because he or she associated with any of the fascist icons that Rich offered up?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 11:53:18 PM »
Ronald Reagan is deceased. You are beating a dead cow with a stick.

Reagan was on pretty good terms with Jesse Helms, as close to a racist as anyone who does not regularly don his bedclothing and strut about with a cross to burn.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 11:57:46 PM »
Ronald Reagan is deceased. You are beating a dead cow with a stick.

Reagan was on pretty good terms with Jesse Helms, as close to a racist as anyone who does not regularly don his bedclothing and strut about with a cross to burn.

Thank you XO this appears to be the sort of thing that MT was looking for , add to this evey speaker who has ever spoken at Bob Jones University , that is about the only way I ever hear of BJU.

I wish that there was a code for conservatives , but only their accusers seem to know about it.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2008, 11:59:04 PM »
Reagan?  Shit, don't get me started.  Reagan prayed in a Nazi cemetery over the graves of dead SS troopers and claimed that they too were victims of the Holocaust.  Reagan WAS a fascist.  He supported the fascist death squads of Central America.  In one quote he actually said that the Nicaraguan Contras were "the moral equivalent of our Founding Fathers."

Reagan is not an example of being tarred with guilt by association.  Reagan was a fucking NAZI and his associations simply prove it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 12:03:18 AM by Michael Tee »