Author Topic: War in Missouri  (Read 982 times)

Cynthia

War in Missouri
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »
War against the government?.....Serious grievances(making animal sounds during a meeting.) Yeah... that's a serious way to present such grievances.
Give me a break!

?Thornton's brother, Gerald, told CNN affiliate KMOV-TV in St. Louis that his brother had serious grievances with the city government.
"The only way that I can put it in a context that you might understand is that my brother went to war tonight with the people that were of the government that was putting torment and strife into his life," Thornton told KMOV.
"And he had spoke on it as best he could in the courts, and they denied him all access to the rights of protection, and therefore he took it upon himself to go to war and end the issue."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/08/city.council.shooting/index.html

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: War in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 02:01:52 PM »
Politics as entertainment.

We had a similar situation here, without the gunplay.

Cynthia

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »
Politics as entertainment.

We had a similar situation here, without the gunplay.

City government offices...I thought guns weren't allowed in the court houses...ha.ha.
Allowed? Slip through?
Did you hear about the pilots who were stabbed in the cockpit recently?
There's always a way to get in.....but I suppose we are working that one out door by door, cabin by cabin....

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:31:46 PM »
There's always a way to get in.....but I suppose we are working that one out door by door, cabin by cabin....

New Zealand domestic flight incident. New Zealand is not subject to the FAA, so cockpit cabin doors are not required. And in New Zealand, passengers on board domestic flights are not searched before they board the plane.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »

New Zealand domestic flight incident. New Zealand is not subject to the FAA, so cockpit cabin doors are not required. And in New Zealand, passengers on board domestic flights are not searched before they board the plane.

ahh...thanks, Ami.

SOund bite news....gotta  ::) the lack of details.