Author Topic: Berkeley Vs. America, Again  (Read 9804 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Berkeley Vs. America, Again
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2008, 11:49:21 PM »
<<Their oath is to the constituion , it is up to us to be a good electorate and choose a good Commander in cheif , we can't escape our responsibility by pointing at them doing what we have been perseded to want.>>

What are you talking about, if the Commander-in-Chief wants atrocities, they'll give him atrocities?

Would you?

Good Americans is a diffrent concept.

During the linton Adminstration Marines were surveyed to find out if they would obey orders to fire on Americans protestin the government .

The First Marines surveyed were so outraged that the surveyor dropped the whole project.

As soldiers go US Marines are amoung the very best. This doesn't mean they won't kill you .

As employers go the American Public is one of the most demanding and unreasonable , but we never let the President go uncriticised .

So why criticise th Marine who are as obedient to us as they can be?
Criticise us all.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2008, 12:39:06 AM »
The usual merry-go-round, but I'm still waiting for the answer to my question:  Would you?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2008, 02:44:18 AM »
The usual merry-go-round, but I'm still waiting for the answer to my question:  Would you?

Would I want atrocities? NO

I don't even want war.

I do my part tho , I repair atrocity capable machines , I don't pretend innocence.

The way to avoid atrocity isnot to make oneself and ones country unable to commmit them this can't really happen , it is to be at all levels aganst them.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2008, 06:06:43 AM »
<<Would I want atrocities? NO>>

Not the question I asked, but nice to know.

<<I don't even want war.>>

<<I do my part tho , I repair atrocity capable machines , I don't pretend innocence.>>

<<The way to avoid atrocity isnot to make oneself and ones country unable to commmit them this can't really happen , it is to be at all levels aganst them.>>

The issue was the virtue of obedience, as manifested by that collection of thugs and killers known as the USMC.  Here's the question again, a very simple yes or no will suffice:

<<What are you talking about, if the Commander-in-Chief wants atrocities, they'll give him atrocities?

<<Would you?
>>

So, what's the answer?  [  ] Yes            [  ]  No

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »
Man ,you are picky.

That is two questions , the answer to them both is no.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2008, 10:20:30 AM »
I'm not picky, just like straight answers to straight questions.

Thank you for the straight answers.

Proves my point - - doesn't matter what sort of man the Commander in Chief is, if he orders atrocities, the Marines who deliver are responsible for their own actions.

Rich

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2008, 01:17:33 PM »
>>Hopefully you don't have time for that, or I'd have to post a hell of a lot more.<<

Hey! We found one!

Bugga bugga bugga! ... No rights for you ... bugga bugga bugga!

Wait a minute. You can't be a homosexual, you like Johnny Cash!

Let's see if we can't find one a them fundamentalist Chirstians to lay hands on ya and turn you straight!

Will a Mormon do?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2008, 12:44:10 AM »
I'm not picky, just like straight answers to straight questions.

Thank you for the straight answers.

Proves my point - - doesn't matter what sort of man the Commander in Chief is, if he orders atrocities, the Marines who deliver are responsible for their own actions.

So why was the Clinton administration askingthem how willing they were to commit atrocity?

fatman

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2008, 12:55:09 AM »
Hey! We found one!

Sssh, don't tell anyone

Bugga bugga bugga! ... No rights for you ... bugga bugga bugga!

I've got plenty of rights, just like anyone else.  It is the granting of a right that is an issue, not the taking away of one.

Wait a minute. You can't be a homosexual, you like Johnny Cash!

Hmm, and hunting, and guns, and fishing, and football, and I suck at interior design.  That's the funny thing about labels and stereotypes, like a pair of 30 waist jeans, they're hard for me to fit into.

Let's see if we can't find one a them fundamentalist Chirstians to lay hands on ya and turn you straight!

I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Will a Mormon do?

Probably not, I have one set of grandparents that are Mormon.

And, I'm assuming you're joking here with all this Rich, and that's cool.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2008, 01:29:38 AM »
<<So why was the Clinton administration askingthem how willing they were to commit atrocity?>>

Because they care about their country and the people in it.  They couldn't see every event that might crop up in the future but one thing they knew was that they didn't want another Kent State and they wanted to know if they could trust the USMC more than they could trust the National Guard on this.  Or maybe they just wanted to know what kind of people they had on their payroll - - you know, a character issue.  Or maybe Clinton  just wanted to know if these guys needed some fire-control and or impulse/control training and conditioning.  Maybe some officers needed to be busted down to Pfc and put on latrine patrol for a few weeks.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2008, 05:51:24 PM »
Thanks for the posting, plane.  One of the posts that accompanied your second link pointed out something that the fascists had better keep in mind - - America is no Argentina or Chile.  A lot of U.S. citizens are ex-military and gun owners.  If Army raids on American homes are in the works, a lot of those home occupants have guns and are prepared to shoot back.  This could get very messy.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2008, 05:55:08 PM »
Thanks for the posting, plane.  One of the posts that accompanied your second link pointed out something that the fascists had better keep in mind - - America is no Argentina or Chile.  A lot of U.S. citizens are ex-military and gun owners.  If Army raids on American homes are in the works, a lot of those home occupants have guns and are prepared to shoot back.  This could get very messy.

That is why I never vote for Democrats.