Author Topic: The Keating Five  (Read 1623 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Keating Five
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:53:11 PM »
Until I saw the reference today in the post attached to the huffpo, I'd forgotten all about Charles Keating, the Lincoln S&L scandal, and the Keating Five, one of whom, of course, was Sen. John McCain.
John McCain had improperly attempted to block a Federal investigation of the Lincoln S&L at the behest of Charles Keating, a major campaign contributor.

Why is it that the MSM have not picked up on this - - according to plane, we are enjoying an unprecedented variety of MSM competing fiercely for our viewing favours.  Isn't it strange, though, not one of this myriad of fiercely competing MSM venues has seen fit to provide its readers or viewers with even a hint of the Keating Five scandal or why McCain was named one of the Five?  I guess all these many fierce competitors march in lock-step when determining what is newsworthy.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Keating Five
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 07:11:08 PM »
Why will the Clinton's fail to bring up McCains dirty laudry?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:18:40 PM »
<<Why will the Clinton's fail to bring up McCains dirty laudry?>>

Why would anyone?

I guess it's just a matter of timing.  Makes sense.    Why waste ammo on McCain when the immediate target of each Democrat is the other Democrat?  Time enough for McCain later.  I'm sure they've got plenty of stuff on Obama, and if they don't, they'll Swift-boat him anyway.  Glad there's some REAL dirt on McCain.  And he too might be vulnerable to to swiftboating.  Wonder if any of his fellow guests at the Hanoi Hilton can rat him out - - "He sang like a canary, it was embarrassing." 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:28:13 AM »
<<Why will the Clinton's fail to bring up McCains dirty laudry?>>

Why would anyone?

I guess it's just a matter of timing.  Makes sense.    Why waste ammo on McCain when the immediate target of each Democrat is the other Democrat?  Time enough for McCain later.  I'm sure they've got plenty of stuff on Obama, and if they don't, they'll Swift-boat him anyway.  Glad there's some REAL dirt on McCain.  And he too might be vulnerable to to swiftboating.  Wonder if any of his fellow guests at the Hanoi Hilton can rat him out - - "He sang like a canary, it was embarrassing." 

He is covered there.
John McCain and his ancestors have served in every major U.S. war from the Revolution to Vietnam, and the line won?t stop there: 20-year-old John Sidney McCain IV (you can call him Jack) is learning the family trade at the Naval Academy, and 18-year-old Jimmy is in the Marines, waiting to deploy to Iraq.
http://www.reason.com/news/show/118937.html

McCain?s grandfather commanded all naval air power during World War II and started a three-generation tradition of schmoozing in Washington by heading the Bureau of Naval Aeronautics, where he ordered up weapons systems. McCain?s major-general granduncle was the father of the modern military draft. And his paternal great-grandmother?s side of the family, he says, has an even stronger military tradition, including a militia captain on George Washington?s Revolutionary War staff, an Army captain in the War of 1812, even royalist brawlers in England?s mid-17th-century Civil War.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:51:28 AM »
<<He is covered there.>>

Kerry was covered too.  That's the beauty of the Swift-boating technique.  There IS no cover.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 01:29:37 AM »
I don't think that McCain will be as likely to be swiftboated, since has been a rightwing tactic. Rove is unlikely to help the Democrats perfect his techniques.

I might be that it would not work on McCain.

I find it interesting that the McCains through the years have been war lovers, but I hardly think that it qualifies McCain to lead the country. A bad war prolonged is still a bad war.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 02:34:33 AM »
I don't think that McCain will be as likely to be swiftboated, since has been a rightwing tactic. Rove is unlikely to help the Democrats perfect his techniques.

I might be that it would not work on McCain.

I find it interesting that the McCains through the years have been war lovers, but I hardly think that it qualifies McCain to lead the country. A bad war prolonged is still a bad war.

I personally know a man who was for a while enlisted and working for McCain, he reclls him as a good officer.

There is no difficulty i the Democrats useing the same tecnique as the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, all they have to do is find the Oficers and enlisted he worked and fought with and if they find that most of them are angry with him the job practicly does itself after that.

MT I can tell you didn't follow my link , it includes a little dirty McCain laundry.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 06:15:44 AM »

<<MT I can tell you didn't follow my link , it includes a little dirty McCain laundry.>>

I'll check it out later, plane, heading out to the airport right now.  Thanks.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 09:38:39 AM »
Well, thanks for the link, plane.  I see an overprivileged young man who is now an old man.  A man of very modest academic talents, even by the standard of a military academy.  And a self-styled "maverick" who follows in his father's and grandfathers' traditional occupation - - the infliction of massacre and mayhem on one's fellow man - - as his sons also do.  That is some "maverick."

In passing, I note this:  "Beat senseless for days on end for refusing to divulge information . . . "

I would expect serious brain damage to have resulted from this experience.  Which leads me to believe that the "beatings" and "torture" this man experienced probably have been greatly exaggerated if not wholly fabricated.    Wow, when this guy is Swift-boated, they may not have to make anything up!  Give a whole new meaning to the term.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:44 AM »
Well, thanks for the link, plane.  I see an overprivileged young man who is now an old man.  A man of very modest academic talents, even by the standard of a military academy.  And a self-styled "maverick" who follows in his father's and grandfathers' traditional occupation - - the infliction of massacre and mayhem on one's fellow man - - as his sons also do.  That is some "maverick."

In passing, I note this:  "Beat senseless for days on end for refusing to divulge information . . . "

I would expect serious brain damage to have resulted from this experience.  Which leads me to believe that the "beatings" and "torture" this man experienced probably have been greatly exaggerated if not wholly fabricated.    Wow, when this guy is Swift-boated, they may not have to make anything up!  Give a whole new meaning to the term.

I want the Democrats to take every oppurtunity they can to remind the Public that John Mcain was a prisoner of war. If Jane Fonda still has her connections perhaps thy can get some of his Guards to form a "Swift Boat " group.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:00:13 AM by Plane »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 09:58:05 AM »
I don't think there's any doubt that he was a P.O.W.  As General de Gaulle once said of a rival general, Henri Giraud, "I've heard about his escape a hundred times, I'd like to hear just once how he got captured."

This guy was shot down after dropping napalm on Vietnamese, most likely civilians, something that Jane Fonda and VVAW and their supporters must have protested hundreds of times.  Any American with an ounce of decency who resents what this man did in their name, will vote against him for that reason alone.  Apart from losing the anti-war vote, McCain will have a slight problem - - how did he suffer all these "tortures" and "beatings" and emerge without a scratch on him, especially after being "beaten senseless" for "days on end?"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 01:19:30 PM by Michael Tee »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »
I don't think there's any doubt that he was a P.O.W.  As General de Gaulle once said of a rival general, Henri Girard, "I've heard about his escape a hundred times, I'd like to hear just once how he got captured."

This guy was shot down after dropping napalm on Vietnamese, most likely civilians, something that Jane Fonda and VVAW and their supporters must have protested hundreds of times.  Any American with an ounce of decency who resents what this man did in their name, will vote against him for that reason alone.  Apart from losing the anti-war vote, McCain will have a slight problem - - how did he suffer all these "tortures" and "beatings" and emerge without a scratch on him, especially after being "beaten senseless" for "days on end?"

I donno , how do all the prisoners in Guntanimo gain weight?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 10:14:39 AM »
<<I donno , how do all the prisoners in Guntanimo gain weight?>>

Well, you have no access to them at all, so how do you know they gain weight?  While they are being tortured, they are probably human skeletons, but you'll never see that.  Then they fatten them up before they're allowed to see anyone from the outside world, after they've finished torturing them, so that guys like you can ask questions like that.