Author Topic: Illegals fleeing back to Mexico from new Arizona Law  (Read 1341 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Illegals fleeing back to Mexico from new Arizona Law
« on: February 08, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :)AWESOME NEWS  :) :) :) :) :)

Illegals Begin Leaving Arizona as New Law Approaches
Friday, February 08, 2008

By William LaJeunesse

AGIA PRIETA, Mexico: For the first time, Mexican officials in Arizona admit there is hard evidence illegal immigrants are preparing to leave the state because a new employer sanctions law is making it difficult, if not impossible, for them to keep a job.

Illegal immigrants are flooding the Mexican consulate in Phoenix for documents that will allow them to return to Mexico to enroll their children in school, the consul to Arizona, Carlos Flores Vizcarra, told FOX News. They are also requesting a document called "menaje de casa," which allows illegal immigrant families living in the U.S. to cross into Mexico without paying a tax on their furniture and personal belongings.

Vizcarra said 94 families asked the embassy for students transfer documents last month, compared to only three last year. He said several thousand immigrants asked for the tax document.

In a separate interview, Edmundo Hidalgo of the non-profit immigrant support group Chicanos Por La Causa, said 30,000 illegal immigrants said in a survey last week that they planned to leave Arizona sometime before March 1, when the state?s tough new employer sanctions law goes into effect. Under the law, employers can lose their business licenses if they hire undocumented workers.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has set up a hotline for citizens to report on employers who hire illegals. He has said enforcement will begin when the law goes into effect. Many deputies have also been given arrest authority by Customs and Border Protection to enforce federal immigration law. So in the course of a traffic stop, illegal immigrants without a driver's license could ultimately face deportation.

These factors, combined with a slowing economy, are forcing many undocumented workers to consider leaving Arizona. According to a study last year, 12 percent of Arizona?s workforce is in the U.S. illegally, the highest percentage in the nation.

At a immigrant shelter in Agua Prieta, Mexico, just south of the Arizona border, officials say illegal immigrants are leaving the Grand Canyon state because of the employer sanctions law.

In the last month, for every five immigrants trying to enter the U.S., four were crossing back in the other direction, said Rosa Soto Moreno, who runs a Catholic shelter that provides food and lodging for illegal immigrants.

Soto said illegal immigrants crossing back into Mexico is a new phenomenon, and she attributes it to the new law.

"Many of the supervisors are upset by the law, but have told their workers they have no choice," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329829,00.html
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Illegals fleeing back to Mexico from new Arizona Law
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:06:21 PM »
I am surprised , I didn't expect any law already passed to be this efective.

The next thing to look for is the economic effect , if there is a real difficulty caused by a month with out Mexicans the law will have to change.

In the spring planting mecanisation can pick up the slack, but come harvest we are really going to miss those guys.

Are we really sure that a slump in house building isn't just sending home the carpenters and bricklayers?

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 12:13:33 AM »

These factors, combined with a slowing economy, are forcing many undocumented workers to consider leaving Arizona.

I have doubts this going to help the economy in Arizona. Running illegals out hasn't helped the economy of any place else, so far I know.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »

In the spring planting mecanisation can pick up the slack, but come harvest we are really going to miss those guys.

Don't bet the ranch on it.

When the "libertarian" types start giving you a load of lip about illegal immigrants "doing the jobs Americans won't do", it's helpful to point out that markets can offer more than one solution to a problem, and that over the long haul evolving technologies are obviously going to do a lot more for your economy than importing hordes of 3rd-world immigrants will.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 01:55:06 AM »

When the "libertarian" types start giving you a load of lip about illegal immigrants "doing the jobs Americans won't do", it's helpful to point out that markets can offer more than one solution to a problem,

I doubt the libertarian "types" would disagree on that point. Of course the obvious question is if we're placing faith in the market to solve the problem, why interfere in the market by trying to prevent the obvious and workable solution that already exists?

and that over the long haul evolving technologies are obviously going to do a lot more for your economy than importing hordes of 3rd-world immigrants will.

I don't understand the persistence of the fallacy that people are being imported. No one is importing "hordes". Work opportunities exist and individuals seek them out. (Which, imo, is the way things should work, although with a lot less government intrusion.) I'm not saying you have to like open immigration, but there is no need to lie about the current situation.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 08:54:19 PM »
"AWESOME NEWS" says ChristiansUnited4LessGovernment about Mexicans leaving Arizona due to new laws designed to crack down on illegal immigrants. "Maybe not," says I.

PHOENIX ? Facing a worker shortage, and unwilling to wait for a federal fix, some Southern Arizona lawmakers want the state to run its own temporary foreign worker program.

The proposal by Sen. Marsha Arzberger, D-Willcox, would let companies that are suffering a "labor shortage" seek permission from the state Industrial Commission to bring in their own workers from Mexico.

It even would have the state issue identification cards to the foreigners authorized to work here.

"The federal government has not met the responsibility to come up with comprehensive immigration reform," Arzberger said.

"Our economy is hurting," she continued, adding many firms have found themselves without the workers they need. SB 1482 has a number of co-sponsors, including many of the legislators who represent the border area.

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/224155

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:15:07 PM »
"Stick that in your pipe and smoke it"

Yeah and you can stick it in your crack pipe and smoke it if you think those companies will agree to pay to
educate all the ninos, pay the emergency room/medical bills in the tens/hundreds of millions, pay the Medicaid
outlays, pay for the food assistance programs, pay the court costs and costs of incarcerating illegals who have been
convicted of crimes and and all the other costs these tens of millions of uneducated poor lawbreakers are
passing on to the American taxpayer. These companies need to hire LEGAL AMERICANS and the way to do
that is pay a wage that will attract an employee/worker. It's called the (legal) free market. Cheating by
hiring illegal aliens that pass enormous costs on to the American taxpayer should not be an option.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »

Yeah and you can stick it in your crack pipe and smoke it if you think those companies will agree to pay to
educate all the ninos, pay the emergency room/medical bills in the tens/hundreds of millions, pay the Medicaid
outlays, pay for the food assistance programs, pay the court costs and costs of incarcerating illegals who have been
convicted of crimes and and all the other costs these tens of millions of uneducated poor lawbreakers are
passing on to the American taxpayer.

I guess you've never heard of corporate taxes.

These companies need to hire LEGAL AMERICANS and the way to do
that is pay a wage that will attract an employee/worker. It's called the (legal) free market. Cheating by
hiring illegal aliens that pass enormous costs on to the American taxpayer should not be an option.

No, it's not a free market. In a free market, we wouldn't worry much about illegal immigrants because there wouldn't be such unnecessary barriers as we have to immigrants in the labor part of that market. Yes, cheating by hiring illegal immigrants should not be an option because we should not have artificial barriers to immigration for people coming here to find work. And then, all those costs you're complaining about being shoved off on the American taxpayers would be shared by the immigrant workers who would legally have payroll taxes taken from their paychecks and would be legally paying property taxes and sales taxes.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 09:31:14 PM »
I guess you've never heard of corporate taxes.

fool companies dont pay the corporate tax
you think Exxon doesn't pass every red cent of corporate tax on to the consumer?
corporate tax is a sham to further tax working people in a disguised way
corporate tax is a disgrace that should be abolished

No, it's not a free market.

yes it most definitely is the free market of a sovereign nation that
has laws in place to prevent it from being over-run by a poor uneducatd
mass illegal immigration.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »

fool companies dont pay the corporate tax
you think Exxon doesn't pass every red cent of corporate tax on to the consumer?

I'm sure they do. It's a cost. That doesn't change the fact that the tax exists.

yes it most definitely is the free market of a sovereign nation that
has laws in place to prevent it from being over-run by a poor uneducatd
mass illegal immigration.

And you called me a fool?