Author Topic: Treaties and consistency  (Read 2987 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Treaties and consistency
« on: September 20, 2006, 11:45:09 PM »
Juniorbush wants to be able to "clarify" the Geneva Convention, a treaty the US signed many years ago and has normalLy followed.
Iran signed some sort of non-nuclear proliferation thing when it was run by the Shah, who was deposed by the will of the Iranian people. Since then, Iran has elected a government that rejects the Shah. The percentage of royalists even among exiles is minuscule. Under the Shah, Henry Kissinger did all he could to convince the Shah that Iran needed nuclear energy.

Yet, Juniorbush seems to be unable to see how utterly one-sided and ironic this is.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Treaties and consistency
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 11:58:44 PM »
    Why did the Shah not want atomic energy?

I haven't heard about that.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 11:00:53 AM »
I did noit say that the Shah did not want nuclear energy. I think he did.

Kissinger was peddling a plan to build nuclear power plants in Iran for his bosses, the Rockefellers, who had an interest in making money off the deal.

The Shah was putting all his energy into a 2500 anniversary of the Peacock Thone and its rulers (from whom, by the way, he was NOT descended) at Persepolis, and was apparently planning to start with the nuclewar program after he was finished with Persepolis. The Shah got sick, Iran had a revolution, and it never got done.

Do a search in Kissinger nuclear power Shah, and I bet you'll find out about this.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 03:25:51 AM »
   Boy it certainly is a good thing this was sidetracked , if the Shah had built some reactors twenty yers ago the Aiatollas might have dozens of bombs now.

Especially if the r3eactors could be made into "breeder " reactors.