Author Topic: How Many More Times Does It Have to Be Spelled Out To You People?  (Read 8478 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How Many More Times Does It Have to Be Spelled Out To You People?
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 07:15:56 PM »
Yes, you do digress, a lot.

>>And, yes, America is set up to keep the poor poor and the rich richer.<<

Thanks for proving my point.

Now lets see ... we just got a Starbuck in town a year ago and it's 2.44 miles from my home. The nearest Best Buy is 20.31 miles away.

Now why should this matter?

You were the one that brought the locations of Best Buys and Starbucks in relation to my house and whether or not that made me some kind of fake carer.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
With 1 almighty significant caveat......they only pertain to myself, and don't obligate anyone else to "see it my way" or adopt MY VIEW of happieness.  His "ideals" as such obligate/mandates everyone to follow-suit, based on HIS VIEW of happiness.  A not so subtle distinction, in Brass's efforts to paint anyone that doesn't believe in his social utopia, as simply greedy in-it-for-themeselves capitalist bastards

Then if you feel so deeply about not needing to have others see it your way then don't stand in the way of those of us who feel that social medicine is the way to go.  

I don't until it mandates ME to follow suit to THEIR way, i.e UHC.  Note the distinct difference, yet??  If YOU want UHC, then YOU and LIKE minds pay for it, and leave those of us who advocate individual responsibility & accountability out of it.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 02:17:36 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 07:37:41 PM »
With 1 almighty significant caveat......they only pertain to myself, and don't obligate anyone else to "see it my way" or adopt MY VIEW of happieness.  His "ideals" as such obligate/mandates everyone to follow-suit, based on HIS VIEW of happiness.  A not so subtle distinction, in Brass's efforts to paint anyone that doesn't believe in his social utopia, as simply greedy in-it-for-themeselves capitalist bastards

Then if you feel so deeply about not needing to have others see it your way then don't stand in the way of those of us who feel that social medicine is the way to go.  

I don't until it mandates ME to follow suit to THEIR way, i.e UHC.  Note the distinct difference, yet??  If YOU want UHC, then YOU and LIKE minds pay for it, and leave those of us who advocate individual responsibility & accountability out of it.

I'm entirely in favor of that if we can agree that I have don't have go in with you and your ilk on all your wars and murderous empiricism across the globe.

Deal?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 07:45:40 PM »

I'm entirely in favor of that if we can agree that I have don't have go in with you and your ilk on all your wars and murderous empiricism across the globe.  Deal?

Your definitions of "ilk" and "murderous empiricism across the globe" don't jive with mine, I'm afraid.  My definitions are connected to the Constitution, including the section referencing PROVIDE for the common defense, vs simply PROMOTING for the general welfare of its populace.  So, until we have a concensus on those defintions, I don't see any deal as imminent
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 02:18:07 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 07:56:10 PM »

I'm entirely in favor of that if we can agree that I have don't have go in with you and your ilk on all your wars and murderous empiricism across the globe.  Deal?

Your definitions of "ilk" and "murderous empiricism across the globe" don't jive mine, I'm afraid.  My definitions are connected to the Constitution, including the section referencing PROVIDE for the common defense, vs simply PROMOTING for the general welfare of its populace.  So, until we have a concensus on those defintions, I don't see any deal as imminent

Surpriiiiiiise, surpriiiise!!

Sirs comes out with semantics arguments to defend his being ok with "our" money being used to kill, maim, murder worldwide while not using a tenth of the amount of money used to kill every year to prevent illness, heal the sick and basically have a charitable outlook towards his fellow citizen.

So for sirs the following is true:

"Our" money being used to kill others > "Our" money being used to heal us

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
Sirs comes out with semantics arguments to defend his being ok with "our" money being used to kill, maim, murder worldwide while not using a tenth of the amount of money used to kill every year to prevent illness, heal the sick and basically have a charitable outlook towards his fellow citizen.

Actually, sirs comes out with the RULES arguement.  The Constitution is how we're to run this country.  If you don't like it, the founders have provided the means to amend it.  By all means, knock your socks off

So for Brass the following is true: "your" money is "my" money, to do with how I want the country to be run, and screw the Constitution

Rich

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 08:13:28 PM »
>>You were the one that brought the locations of Best Buys and Starbucks in relation to my house and whether or not that made me some kind of fake carer.<<

Um, no I wasn't. Check BT's link

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 09:25:18 PM »
Actually, sirs comes out with the RULES arguement.  The Constitution is how we're to run this country.  If you don't like it, the founders have provided the means to amend it.  By all means, knock your socks off

So for Brass the following is true: "your" money is "my" money, to do with how I want the country to be run, and screw the Constitution

So according to sirs, it is our money but it can only be used to kill not to heal or prevent death.

Duly noted.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »
Duly noted.

Our money is being used to heal and prevent death.

Rich

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:16 PM »
>>Our money is being used to heal and prevent death.<<

http://www.cdc.gov/

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 11:38:52 PM »
And, yes, America is set up to keep the poor poor and the rich richer.

I don't think so , why do you think so?

Arn't there many fortunes built by people who started small , like Jacob Astor , just being good at your job , good wth money , and being a leader can turn a little into a lot.

What part of the goernment or society is charged with preventing the dissolution of fortunes?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 12:07:38 AM »
Duly noted.

Our money is being used to heal and prevent death.

Thanks for the assist to Brass......though not sure how well it'll be received
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:12:49 AM by sirs »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 12:10:45 AM »
Defense is 20% of he budget.

Direct health care in the for of Medicare and Medicaid is closer to 33% and that doesn't include figures for the VA NIH CDC and WIC programs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2008, 12:17:47 AM »
And, yes, America is set up to keep the poor poor and the rich richer.

I don't think so , why do you think so?  Arn't there many fortunes built by people who started small , like Jacob Astor , just being good at your job , good wth money , and being a leader can turn a little into a lot.  What part of the goernment or society is charged with preventing the dissolution of fortunes?

No other country on this globe provides the opportunites to rise from so low to so hi, on the economic & success ladder.  None.  No other country has so many success stories of people coming up from the most humblest means to make something great of themselves, while contributing to the growth of this country.  None.  You can't chose to migrate to Germany and become a German.  You can't chose to migrate to Italy and become Italian.  Anyone can migrate to America, and be assimilated, and become American. 

But apparently that's not enough, for some.....who apparently know better than the rest of us     :-\

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »
I think that your original statement was vague and ambiguous. Now I know what you actually meant. And you know what I know. So leave it there and adderss the actual issue (or don't).

Yet another example of "if they didn't understand the joke, don't bother explaining it."
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)