Author Topic: How Many More Times Does It Have to Be Spelled Out To You People?  (Read 8468 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How Many More Times Does It Have to Be Spelled Out To You People?
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2008, 07:39:39 PM »
Defense is 20% of he budget.

Direct health care in the for of Medicare and Medicaid is closer to 33% and that doesn't include figures for the VA NIH CDC and WIC programs.

When defense gets down to about 10% and health care gets up to about 50%, let me know will ya?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2008, 07:42:58 PM »
So much for the notion that we, as a country, don't apply major $$$ to "heal and prevent death", just not as much.....surprise.....as Brass would mandate EVERYONE follow
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:48:50 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2008, 07:43:13 PM »
Defense is 20% of he budget.

Direct health care in the for of Medicare and Medicaid is closer to 33% and that doesn't include figures for the VA NIH CDC and WIC programs.

When defense gets down to about 10% and health care gets up to about 50%, let me know will ya?

Why should defense get less than healthcare?

Defense is the origional purpose of the government , health care is optinoal for the government .

Once the government has a monopoly on health care will there be any other option for persons who do not like the governments style of healthcare?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2008, 07:58:45 PM »
My priorities are a little more positive and conducive to life.

Apparently all of yours want our representative government to be in the death business.

We just disagree.  That's all.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2008, 08:28:01 PM »
My priorities are a little more positive and conducive to life.

Apparently all of yours want our representative government to be in the death business.

We just disagree.  That's all.

Yes, I am in the government death dealing business.

The government does this well, civilian controll of the government is a good idea so that the government has some limit on how often it uses this ability.

Government healthcare will introduce additional government control of the people , not as good idea as the reverse.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »
My priorities are a little more positive and conducive to life.  Apparently all of yours want our representative government to be in the death business.

Actually, providing for the common defense is one of the best life saving means & highest priorities we could possibly invest in.  Obviously you disagree.  So, by all means, amend that damn in-the-way Constitution

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle