Author Topic: From Forkem About Iranian Jurisprudence  (Read 3893 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
From Forkem About Iranian Jurisprudence
« on: September 21, 2006, 12:49:22 AM »
August 23, 2004
Mullah Justice

From Iran Focus: Girl, 16, hanged in public in Iran. (Via Little Green Footballs)

On Sunday, August 15, a 16-year-old girl in the town of Neka, northern Iran, was executed. Ateqeh Sahaleh was hanged in public on Simetry Street off Rah Ahan Street at the city center. The sentence was issued by the head of Neka’s Justice Department and subsequently upheld by the mullahs’ Supreme Court and carried out with the approval of Judiciary Chief Mahmoud Shahroudi.
In her summary trial, the teenage victim did not have any lawyer and efforts by her family to recruit a lawyer was to no avail. Ateqeh personally defended herself. She told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, that he should punish the main perpetrators of moral corruption not the victims.

The judge personally pursued Ateqeh’s death sentence, beyond all normal procedures and finally gained the approval of the Supreme Court. After her execution Rezai said her punishment was not execution but he had her executed for her "sharp tongue". [Emphasis added]

'Free Iran' News has translated from Farsi another article:

The animosity and anger of [local judge] Haji Reza was so strong that he personally put the rope around the girl's delicate neck and personally gave the signal to the crane operator, by raising his hand, to begin pulling the rope.
And Iran-Va-Jahan reports that Amnesty International has issued a statement on the execution of Ateqeh Sahaleh.

UPDATE August 30: This cartoon appeared in the Sunday, August 29th edition of The Washington Times.

Posted by Forkum at 11:24 PM

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I guess that there are miscarrages of Justice everywhere , but would this be caricterised as a" Misscarrage " or " Justice"  by the government of Iran?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: From Forkem About Iranian Jurisprudence
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 09:15:58 AM »
No idea what she was hanged for?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 02:06:23 PM »
sickening

just plain murder

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 03:02:10 AM »
"...she was accused of committing “acts incompatible with chastity.” The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Ateqeh personally defended herself. She told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. The judge used harsh words to scold her for the way she had dressed."

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=97

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

The point of such law is social order , public safety , etc..

Almost every Nation places the need of society for order above the individuals need for liberty. Where the line is drawn will always be as it has always been an eternal debate.

So where is the pale?

I don't like where this judge drew this line , the inequity is glaring , yet it is not for such small reasons that we interfere in a foreign nations soverentry .

The shame that this act draws tho should be enough motivator for Iriqui judges to start avoiding such extremeism.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 08:50:19 AM »
So she was hanged for “acts incompatible with chastity”. I would take that to be something along the lines of adultery, so the punishment is more in line with the Old Testament punishment for that crime, though probably a bit more humane - the Hebrews stoned them to death.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 02:30:58 PM »
So she was hanged for “acts incompatible with chastity”. I would take that to be something along the lines of adultery, so the punishment is more in line with the Old Testament punishment for that crime, though probably a bit more humane - the Hebrews stoned them to death.

So this Judge would not like the Decision Jesus rendered on such a case?

If this is more humane than stoneing it is only by a small amount , Irianian hanging is done with  a crane and amounts to slow strangulation.

BTW the accused male ws also convicted and was condemmed to an hundred lashes.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 03:00:54 PM »
So this Judge would not like the Decision Jesus rendered on such a case?

The judge would probably tell you that their law is their law, and it is not up to you, nor anyone else, to tell them how to enforce it.

BTW the accused male ws also convicted and was condemmed to an hundred lashes.

Not unusual, in a male-dominated society. And like I said, it is their law.