Author Topic: Haditha is on Frountline  (Read 14476 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Haditha is on Frountline
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:22:54 PM »
I am watchiung it now, lots of detail in  a timeline format.

All sides represented.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Haditha is on Frountline
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:56:47 PM »

Cynthia

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 12:29:14 AM »
Plane,

I am watching the same program..and I was about to post a thread about this.
My god....My god...

In my opinion.....War is pure, and I mean pure hell...and sometimes there are no rules in the human psychology. Oh God.

Children died. Soldiers cut in half. My god......War.

This was a mistake....damn  Bush. Damn. How could he conduct a war that was supposed to stop terrorism in our country....Didn't he realize that we could have conducted a sort of "wall" of protection in order to save New York City, and Albuquerque, New Mexico without killing babies???
I am sickened.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 12:39:42 AM »
No ,I beleive that President Bush has made good choices.

Even though War is ugly and painfull there is a right time for it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:03:30 AM »
No ,I beleive that President Bush has made good choices.

Even though War is ugly and painfull there is a right time for it.
=======================================================
Yeah, he sure taught those Iraqis to amass WMDs. Or did he teach them not to bomb the WTC?

There is always a right time to kill soldiers. Otherwise, they'd have to wait for someone to retire for a promotion.Juniorbush is a knucklewalking drooling obscene moron.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »
"Juniorbush is a knucklewalking drooling obscene moron."
[][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I get the feeling you say this to people who tell you "good morning".

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »
"Juniorbush is a knucklewalking drooling obscene moron."
[][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I get the feeling you say this to people who tell you "good morning".

LOL.....I was thinking the same thing Plane     ;D     This is at least the 4th thread today, that Xo felt the need to clarify his position on how he feels about Bush (& Cheney)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 12:02:09 AM »
"LOL.....I was thinking the same thing Plane          This is at least the 4th thread today, that Xo felt the need to clarify his position on how he feels about Bush (& Cheney)"

I think truth is truth...no matter how many times one speaks it.:
Yeah, he sure taught those Iraqis to amass WMDs. Or did he teach them not to bomb the WTC?
good point, Xavier.

....cheep shot against XO, imo ....especially in response o a thread of genuine disgust for the loss of so many lives   in the war that was probably not worth it in the end.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 01:15:38 AM »
"LOL.....I was thinking the same thing Plane          This is at least the 4th thread today, that Xo felt the need to clarify his position on how he feels about Bush (& Cheney)"

I think truth is truth...no matter how many times one speaks it.: Yeah, he sure taught those Iraqis to amass WMDs. Or did he teach them not to bomb the WTC?  good point, Xavier.....cheep shot against XO, imo ....especially in response o a thread of genuine disgust for the loss of so many lives   in the war that was probably not worth it in the end.

Miss Cynthia.....seriously, I think you're (IMO) beginning to let your emotions get the better of you.  You don't like Bush, fine.  You think he made a terrible mistake going into Iraq, fine.  I have no problem with that.  Xo has been letting his hatred of Bush permeate in nearly every thread, which is also fine...but doesn't make him immune to anyone that points that out

EVERY life lost, and let me repeat EVERY life, (be it innocent civilians, or coalition military) lost in this war is absolutely tragic, and mourned.  One can only wonder that if Saddam had fully complied as he was mandated to do, how many of these lives would have not been lost.  War is sometimes a necessary evil, and it WAS the last avenue Bush opted for, as diplomacy and heavy handed sanctions weren't getting the cooperation necessary from Saddam, and following the events of 911, Bush could no longer wait endlessly.  It would have been irresponsible of him, as my President, had he.

That said, if you want to jump ito the egregious and asanine distortions used by the left, such as from Xo, Brass, & Tee, implying that we went after Saddam because he supposedly had something to do with 911, or even worse, we went in for the oil garbage, don't.  It'll make you look as idiotic as when they perpetuate those lies.  You know why we went into Iraq, and it was NOT because Iraq was behind or even had something to do with 911.  We went in becasue there was documented connections both direct and indirect that Iraq had with terrorists, much like those that pepetrated 911.  And if those terrorists could do what they did with just some boxcutters, God knows what they might be able to accomplish with the use of one of Iraq's WMD, that nearly EVERYONE thought he had, including the prior Presidential administration, and nearly every foreign leader, outside of those Arab countries directly connected to the Middle East.  We (as in most rational people) all thought he had them.  It was perfectly logical to assume such given not just the intel, but the time he had with no inspectors, and the fact he's used them before

Now, as I said, feel free to hate Bush for what you perceive was a grave wrong.  But I emplore you not to fall down the path of the idiotic left, with the asanine mantra of how Bush supposedly lied us into war.  That's the branch that belongs to those who believe Bush stole the election.  I call it the Elvis faction
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:42:12 AM »
cheep shot against XO, imo ....especially in response o a thread of genuine disgust for the loss of so many lives   in the war that was probably not worth it in the end.

======================================
It has an end? Not if McCain allows his campaign of fear to prevail.
The war won't be over until the billionth Muslim (ie the people Richiepoo calls Islamofascists) is dead. And that will never happen.
Endless war keeps Halliburton going full tilt.

There were no WMD's and morte important, they knew 100% for sure that Saddam had NO WAY of delivering any weapons to the US.
The war was and is useless, and it was planned in the most incompetent way, with no exit strategy whatever. Colin Powell was the expert Juniorbush should have listened to, but instead he listened to Dick Cheney, his mind gone spastic from the counter indications of the industrial strength heart medications, and Don Rumsfeld, who was this mammoth ego trapped in a demented mind with a desire to prove everyone wrong when he himself was the wrongest of all.

The Supreme Court awarded the presidency to Juniorbush, in defiance of what everyone knew the voters wanted. All the stupid and ignorant ratwing asshole denial in the Universe cannot change that.

There were no WMD's and no reason for this stupid war, and every maimed or deceased American or Iraqi can blame stupid Junio0rbush for being the weakling, Stubborn feebleminded incompetent klutz that is is and always has been and always will be.

Of course 9-11 had nothing to do with Iraq, but most Americans were led to believe that this was the case, according to various polls.
The whole thing was manipulated by Karl Rove and his evil minions.
May God rot Juniorbush. May he rot Cheney twice.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »
Let the hate flow...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »
People are funny.

They curse the rich while watching an emoti-thon on world hunger while stuffing their face with pizza and popcorn.

Like they never heard of acting local while thinking global.

And then they curse the war when we can change course every two years if so desired simply by voting in like minded representatives.

How has that worked out?

I suspect it isn't the war, and it isn't hunger that drives the more vocal. It is using the issue to gain power. And power and the money that comes with managing the franchise is what it is all about.

Think i'm kidding. Let's see how many of the newly elected dems get thrown out on their butts for not ending the war as promised.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 01:54:32 PM by BT »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 02:38:07 PM »
".....they knew 100% for sure that Saddam had NO WAY of delivering any weapons to the US."

Oh?

How is such a thing known?

Saddam had Abu Nidal on staff, smuggling in a few hundred pounds of wepon doesn't seem like too much of a challenge for that sort of a staff.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »
Saddam had Abu Nidal on staff, smuggling in a few hundred pounds of wepon doesn't seem like too much of a challenge for that sort of a staff.

=======================
Okay. Mr Smarty-pants, why didn't he just smuggle in some of his nonexistent atomic weapons, weaponized anthrax and/or smallpox, poison gas or nerve agents and wipe out Juniorbush on the spot, since it was so easy?

The fact is that it isn't at all easy to do this, and Saddam did not have the means OR the weapons (other than the illusory ones lurking between your ears).

Rich

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 07:11:22 PM »
>> ie the people Richiepoo calls Islamofascists <<

Not just me BO, not just me. Although there has been some discussion regarding whether perhaps Islamo-Nazi is more accurate.

In your case BO, I think fascist is spot on.

As for BO's rabid hatred and his continuous need to vent, remember he said this about a brief discussion concerning Mrs. Clinton:
>>But You rating assholes look like the fools you are by constantly blathering on about how much you hate Hillary.<<

Compared to us BO, based on your own criteria, you are the village idiot.