Author Topic: Castro Quits  (Read 1893 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Castro Quits
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »
They leave Cuba all the time.

You mean they're many who are trying to ESCAPE Cuba all the time.  You realize I'm referring to the legal aspects of entering & exiting a country.  Despite your continued efforts to try and reidirect this at how America enforces its borders, the point keeps going right back to simple Cubans being prevented from leaving and relocating by their Government.  The only way it can be accomplished is at risk of being caught by Castro or the sharks, as they cross over on their rafts.  Ours, on the other hand, can come and go as they please.  It's called Freedom, a concept that native Cubans, or riffraf as you want to refer to them as, can only wish for.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Castro Quits
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »
I guess you already realise that I have much less appreacion of Castro.

I really don't know what he has accomplished that a rather dull thug could not have also accomplished.

==============================================================
A "rather dull thug" could not have been able to stand up to the USA for over forty years, make a fool of each and every US president and retire at a time of his own choosing.

A "rather dull thug" could not stay in power of any country for 48 years. This is a feat most kings have not been able to manage.

You know very, very little about Cuba or any other Latin American country, their people or their culture. You could not appreciate in a bazillion years that Castro has ended racism in Cuba forever, made education through the university free for everyone, and provided medical care for all in a third world country under an embargo and constant pressure from Washington.

Castro was a phenomenal politician. I don;pt personally want any politician phenomenal or otherwise, to run my country, but Cuba is not my country. I think Cubans should decide what they want and have a perfect right to flip the bird to Condi, Juniorbush, Negroponte and the rest of them.

What the clowns like Juniorbush want from Cuba is to control their economy and manipulate their government. Just as you would be most upset if the PRC or the Russians controlled the US economy, Cubans deserve the chance to be free of the designs of the US oligarchy, which is a far greater threat than Castro poses to them or ever posed.

I don't agree.

When given totaliarian power rather dull thugs become effective at maintainingthemselves in power even if nthing elese is simple enough for them to understand.

Stalin was no brighter than Ivan the Terrible , Nicolae Ceaucescu and Saddamhussein were not really geinuses even they could make you say that the were .

Fidel Castro does seem to have a gift for makeing a long speech , how is this more than blarney?

What policy or innovation did Castro ever make that was unique to him or even if not , was remarkable in that he implemented it?