Author Topic: The Sderot Calculus  (Read 1965 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Sderot Calculus
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 12:31:52 PM »
  Except that Israel wants to contain the Gazans in what is the worst possible cross between a jail and a slum, forever.

I do not think so.

Before the Indefadath lots of Palestinians had jobs and went to school across the "border", some still do but the demand for security has grown to the point to make it barely worth the wait at the checkpoints for a Palestinian who is getting anything less than great pay.

One might as well accuse the Palestinians of "wanting" things to be the way they are , they controll things to be as they want them with just as much facility as any other set of Human Beings.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 12:36:45 PM »
>>The Palestinians might be magnanimous in victory , perhaps more so than the Israelis have ever been.<<

More magnanimous? You must be joking.

First of all, Palestinians idea of victory differs greatly from that of the Israelis. Palestinians want genocide. Israel handed the Gaza strip over to the Palestinians in an effort to further peace. This is what the Palestinians wanted, land. So there it is, it?s all yours. What do they do? They use it as a safe haven to launch attacks against Israeli civilians. They use it as a recruiting and training station for all others who share their genocidal goal. Gaza is a model for what a Palestinian state along side Israel would look like.

>>But will there ever be a chance to find out whether they would be ?<<

Of course. I once again point to Egypt and Jordon. Israel defeated both countries but magnanimously returned land to both these countries taken in a war initiated by these countries.

>>Is it worthy of actually letting it happen?<<

Israel would certainly love to live in peace and allow it?s people to live in peace. However, in my opinion, it will never happen until Israel decides to act against it?s attackers in a forceful and prolonged manner. It?s obvious there?s no talking to people who follow Hitler?s example and want to complete his plan.

I mostly agree with you .

But I admit that I don't realy know how the Palestinians would cope with a victory big enough to reverse the situation as it is.

They could surprise me and be just as kind and generous as the Isrelis are, but this reversal would in no way be superior to the present situation, and the risk is real that they would not be as good at handleing a suppressed but resisting population.

I don't see any hope for Palestinians to win , because I think it likely that if they do win the result will not be better than we see now, and could be very easily worse.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 06:52:32 AM »
 Except that Israel wants to contain the Gazans in what is the worst possible cross between a jail and a slum, forever.

I do not think so.
==================================================
They would prefer that the just vanish *poof!* and cease to be, really.

But barring that, they are cool with imprisonment in Gaza forever.

If the Gazans would just give up[ that vile habit or rocketry, we would never, ever hear of Gaza at all, unless they 'escape', of course.

Did you notice how the press consistently agreed that no one should be allowed to leave or enter Gaza at all from anywhere?

Face it, it's a prison, and is intended to stay one for as long as possible.

I only suggest that this is immoral, and is also supported with my taxes, which is why I'd like to see it not go on any longer.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."