Author Topic: BT -  (Read 11336 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
BT -
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:31:39 PM »
<<commie bastards and Israelis somehow excuse all their actions by crying "collateral damage" as if that solves anything.  The victim is still dead and whoever dropped the bomb or fired the shot had to know that a possible consequence of his action might be exactly what did happen.>>

BT, I just pasted the above para from my post to the "10 Killed in Seminary" thread.  Somebody got into my post and substituted "commie bastards" for "Amerikkkans."

That's a serious breach of security.  I'd appreciate it if you'd look into this and figure out how it happened.  If that's possible.  Till then, I'm done posting here.

Thank you to anyone who ever took the time to respond to my posts, regardless of the nature of the response.  Thanks especially to those of you who irritated me the most - - I think I did some of my best writing in responding to you.  To the good guys who fight the good fight - - I'd mention you by name but I wouldn't want to take the chance of leaving anyone out - - you know who you are:  keep fighting.   To the bad guys - - get help; seriously, YOU are what's wrong with Amerikkka.  Goodbye for now.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: BT -
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 11:07:46 PM »
No breach. Was behind the curtain testing some features. Must not have undone it in time.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 11:39:32 PM »
Well I gotta tell you I found that disturbing.  Next time set up a dummy board and test on that.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:00:02 AM »
Perhaps

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:44:28 AM »
Hmmm.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Knutey

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:20:40 PM »
Perhaps

Looks like you succeeded in making only RW loons post on this piece of shit, BT. Keep up the good work.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »
What's it matter.

We haven't had a decent exchange of thoughts since Prince and Pooch did the libertarian thread, and tat came after a long, long dry spell.

All we are now is a forum for gratuitous juvenile insults, veiled threats that barely get read. People talk past each other, they sure don't discuss issues and seek common ground.

That's why you come here, right? Not to debate, but to hurl insults or worse.

I'm pretty sure that this noble experiment of a "Tournament of Minds" has failed miserably.

We haven't grown in years, faithful members lurk, but don't participate. We are no better than our ast series of posts.

So ask yourself. Are you part of the problem? If so, what do you plan to do about it?

Because i have three choices.

1. Purge the extremes
2. Do nothing and let the board die a natural death
3. Pull the plug.

Think about it.

Everyone!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »
I am part of the problem, and I apologize.  I frequently let my overt conservative partisanship get in the way of so many debates.  Partly because my time tends to be so limited, which limits my responses.  And without time to produce quality responses, tends to cause the typical Political attack ad type of response.  But that really is a poor excuse, and again, my apologies.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 01:17:18 PM »
I would like to see option 1.

With the current atmosphere around here, only quick one shots have a chance of being read.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Rich

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 01:30:17 PM »
I'm a big problem.

Recently I've made satements about ignoring the people who I find reprehensable. That's what I'm going to do. I'll never be able to discuss anything with them, so I won't try. They don't exist. I wish we had the feature Yahoo used to have. Some of you may remember when you could make a member's posts simply invisible to you.

I'm going to find people who are willing to have hard hitting discussions that don't reach the level that's causing the problem.

I apologize for helping cause this problem and if I can't live up to my word, I'll leave.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »
I'm trying to basically shut up and post much less. I thought that would help.  (It probably has.) If there's something more I can do, please tell me.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

fatman

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 01:54:10 PM »
Good point BT.  I'll climb down from my high horse and clean it up.

My apologies.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »

With the current atmosphere around here, only quick one shots have a chance of being read.

I concur.

Even if I wind up being one of the purged extremists.

Knutey

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 04:55:52 PM »

This is really funny since you are one of the most extreme of all. I think BT should pull the plug. You Rwers are just circle jerking anymore with a rare retort from XO I notice that Michael & Lanya have cut back just as I hav. I expect tro see evn less of MT since he knows he is being edited by lunatics.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 05:41:52 PM »
This is really funny since you are one of the most extreme of all.

ROFLMAO
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)