Author Topic: BT -  (Read 11335 times)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BT -
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 02:20:36 PM »
Or those like me that are right leaning for social isses, and far right leaning for fiscal issues?  Subunits/rooms depending on how far one leans          ;)

I think we know where you'd fit.  ;)
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »
Like I said, you don't have to join either. But I'd go with the one you'd feel more comfortable in considering your compatriots.

I feel about equally comfortable in either group.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 10:49:55 PM »
Bt,

What if you had the main 3DHS forum here, and two separate subforums (subfora?) attached to 3DHS as well. One for right leaning folks and one for left leaning folks. People who joined one could not view the other. In fact, we might need to set up an approval system so no obvious person from the right joins the left and vice versa.

Within these subforums the individual may vent their frustrations. So Professor can post that "JS is a real jack ass" without worry. Also, extremely partisan articles could be posted, even debated, but without the intent of flaming.

It is just a thought and obviously no one would be obligated to join either one.

Almighty Hero Member JS.....

I would be crying out, "Tear  DOWN  THAT wall" in a nano second.

Knutey

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2008, 01:03:32 AM »
This is almost identical to the last Cheyne-Stokes that occurred before the Cesspool breathed it's last.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2008, 02:03:34 PM »
Knute given the opportunity to contribute to the forum remains true to form and fails.

To the rest of you , your increased efforts at elevating the debate are noticed and appreciated.

Knutey

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »
Knute given the opportunity to contribute to the forum remains true to form and fails.

To the rest of you , your increased efforts at elevating the debate are noticed and appreciated.

I am sure you are so oblivious that you dont notice, but there is no debate in here any more. It has become a rightwing masturbatorium. There are only two libs left on  a regular basis and they will soon tire of your delusions.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2008, 05:57:45 PM »
yeah being in a room where everybody agrees
on almost every topic would be awesome.  ::)

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

fatman

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »
I am sure you are so oblivious that you dont notice, but there is no debate in here any more. It has become a rightwing masturbatorium. There are only two libs left on  a regular basis and they will soon tire of your delusions.

There may be only two people who are liberal on a consistent basis, but there are more people with liberal leanings on some issues.  There are probably more conservatives, but I don't see that as a bad thing, it's more people that I may have a debate with.  I'd feel the same way if there were more liberals than conservatives.  Generally I'm in the middle on a lot of issues.  I certainly don't see this forum as a rightwing masturbatorium.

I haven't noticed you contributing anything other than random and occasional sniping.  You're as bad, if not worse, than the most rabid right winger in here.  I don't doubt that you are intelligent and capable of a debate if you want to, but I haven't noticed you wanting to debate.  If there is no debate in here, then aren't you part of the problem and not the solution?  If you want a debate, all you have to do is start one.  This generally isn't done with name calling or whatever nefarious scheme you might devise.

As to the way BT runs this forum, I can only say that I have a lot of respect for him.  Would I do some things differently?  Probably.  It's easy to be an armchair quarterback, it's probably as easy to be an armchair forum admin.  I don't believe that he's paid for the time that he puts into this forum, as far as maintenance and time spent on the actual technical end of things.  That he does this for free, so that we can all enjoy this place, says a lot about the person he is.  That all that you can do is snipe and bitch, rather than contribute, says a lot about you too.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »
One for right leaning folks and one for left leaning folks.

What about for those like me - right leaning for fiscal issues and left leaning for social / rights issues?

Like I said, you don't have to join either. But I'd go with the one you'd feel more comfortable in considering your compatriots.

This missed a major point, namely that debating others with differing viewpoits IS more beneficial than those of similar minds, IMHO.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Knutey

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 08:27:59 PM »
>You're as bad, if not worse, than the most rabid right winger in here.<
Thank you for the compliment. That is exactly what I am trying to do. Be worse than any including Rich and the only RW lunatic friend I still can tolerate. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2008, 11:21:36 PM »
Thank you for the compliment. That is exactly what I am trying to do. Be worse than any including Rich and the only RW lunatic friend I still can tolerate. 

The basic knoledge of capitolism , you get more of what you feed, less of what you starve.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2008, 11:36:16 PM »

Then you have no one but yourself to blame for this:

there is no debate in here any more

You know how it works. Sowing then reaping. That you choose to be part of the problem is no one's fault but yours.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Rich

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »
Hiya Knute!