Author Topic: Republican Hero  (Read 5967 times)

Rich

Re: Republican Hero
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 05:50:06 PM »
I guess not.

I would say no, it wasn't the right thing. I would also say that one has nothing to do with the other. Since you asked maybe you would like to tell us how an off hand remark made at a birthday party even remotely equates to this:

http://www.townhall.com/video/TheFivewithAmandaCarpenter/1450_031708Past

There is no comparison. Obama has once again come out and danced around the true issue here. He even had the temerity to use his grandmother as an example of racist White folks. Yet he cannot leave this church because the Black "community" will disown him. As you pointed out earlier, he joined this church to get some "street cred" and to come out to strongly against it now would hurt his standing with Black voters, because apparently this is what all black people believe about America. That is if you believe the White Liberal authorities on the subject. No wonder Blacks have so many problems, with people like Wright out their feeding their victimhood, what chance do they possibly have with ole Whitey out their creating diseases to to kill them.

Come one BT, this is serious stuff and it has nothing to do with "gotcha" politics. If nothing else it's exposed a festering sore in our society. One which we have to find a way to heal.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 09:21:47 PM »
Come one BT, this is serious stuff and it has nothing to do with "gotcha" politics. If nothing else it's exposed a festering sore in our society. One which we have to find a way to heal.

================================
Heal?

Why not just shoot everyone you do not like?
Sure, that'd work for sure.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »
I think he used his grandma as an example of someone you love, someone he loves who is also someone who made some racially insensitive remarks.  As did his preacher, who brought him to Jesus and who he also loves like family, but he doesn't agree with some of the things he said.   
You don't renounce people you love.  You love them.  You see their frailties and faults; we all have them.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Rich

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 09:52:52 PM »
Cry me a river.

Using his grandmother's word that were used in private conversation is just abhorrent. The Rev. Wright's public comments are just that, public. Making that kind of comparison is just, excuse me, chicken shit.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 05:02:04 PM »
It is astonishing that Obama's pastor, mentor, and spiritual leader over the last 2+decades epitomizes precisely the opposite message Obama has been preaching on the presidential stump.  Go figure      :-\

So, then, by your own comments, you show your hypocrisy.  Obama is NOTHING like his pastor.  Check.

Rich

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 05:09:01 PM »
I don't think you know if he is or if he isn't Brass. You want to believe he isn't, but considering his close association with the pastor and the church for the past 20 years, who knows? You know politicians, when their lips are moving ... If nothing else this has forced Obama's hand and he's being revealed for the hard leftist that he is. I know that doesn't bother you, but it will bother a lot of folks out here in fly over country.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 05:14:47 PM »

Wait a minute, didn't Falwell or Robertson or someone say gods were punishing America for its gays and the ACLU and the like?

How is what Wirght said any different OR even remotely racist?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 05:32:19 PM »
It is astonishing that Obama's pastor, mentor, and spiritual leader over the last 2+decades epitomizes precisely the opposite message Obama has been preaching on the presidential stump.  Go figure      :-\

So, then, by your own comments, you show your hypocrisy.  Obama is NOTHING like his pastor.

I never said he was.  If you were confused, I thought I made it clear that Obama preaches precisely the opposite of what his pastor preaches.  Yet, he's Obama's spiritual advisor.  That's the astonishing part, and the one that lies at the heart of Obama's severely diminished issues on judgement
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 05:45:36 PM »
Wait a minute, didn't Falwell or Robertson or someone say gods were punishing America for its gays and the ACLU and the like?

How is what Wirght said any different OR even remotely racist?

Don't you consider Falwell and Robertson to be bigots?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 05:54:31 PM »

I never said he was.  If you were confused, I thought I made it clear that Obama preaches precisely the opposite of what his pastor preaches.  Yet, he's Obama's spiritual advisor.  That's the astonishing part, and the one that lies at the heart of Obama's severely diminished issues on judgement

So, you're faulting Obama for loving someone who was his mentor (and probably steered him away from drugs (something that you lavish praise all over Bush for having the good judgement to do) and did all kinds of other positive things that influenced Obama in a positive way so that he could raise to the position of potentially being the next president of the United States) but REJECTING that mentor's comments by calling them WRONG AND DIVISIVE.

So this man who Obama's known for twenty years must now become persona non grata in Obama's life because you don't like something the man (Obama's friend, pastor and mentor) said.  Obama didn't even SAY IT!

You have no case whatsoever here sirs.  You basically calling Obama's judgement into question because he loves a friend he's known for twenty years but has the good judgement to not be as vitriolic and divisive as his friend.

How do you make that work?

And how is Reverend Wright a racist again?  Is it because he blames the white race for keeping the black race in a state of semi-citizenship?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »
So, you're faulting Obama for loving someone who was his mentor (and...

...and a racist.  Yea, I'm faulting him for that.  I hear that Jeffry Dahmer bought girl scout cookies, and was kind to the local grocer.  Might have even steered a few kids from shoplifting.  Wright is NOT his father, or even a relative.  He's a racist Pastor for an Afrocentric Congregation.

And gads Brass, try to be just a little intellectually honest here.  You'd be going apesnot if this were McCain and his own pastor was Pat Robertson.  You'd be condming him for how terribly poor not just his judgement was, but to be so delusional to even consider having Roberston as his pastor.  I realize your choices are Hillary & Obama, and that you have this new found fawning for Obama.  But don't keep trying minimize the mess currently at the feet at Obama, by the name of Wright

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 06:38:54 PM »
Don't you consider Falwell and Robertson to be bigots?

========================================
Neither seems to be a racial bigot, but both are clearly anti-gay bigots.

Perhaps Rev. Wright is, too, but I doubt it.

I don't see where Wright is a racial bigot. I don't think he blames White folks for sins against Black people and constantly fighting pretty much everyone everywhere. He obviously DOES blame SOME White folks. Those would be the members of the oligarchy that actually runs the country.

Blaming White folks with inventing AIDS is silly, since a genius that could invent an epidemic microbe would probably also be clever enough to design it to infect only Black people. White folks are not that smart, and only a few are that devious. Still, there was the precedent of the Tuskeegee Syphilic Study, in which men with syphilis were allowed to die without treatment, for the purpose of cataloguing the progress of the unchecked disease. The men who volunteered for this study thought they were getting treated, but the reality was they were being deceived and allowed to die like so many labrats.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 06:51:29 PM »
If nothing else this has forced Obama's hand and he's being revealed for the hard leftist that he is.

What in Obama's speech yesterday shows him for being a "hard leftist"?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »
His voting record and campaign rhetoric/pledges, Brass

oy

Rich

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »
>>Wait a minute, didn't Falwell or Robertson or someone say gods were punishing America for its gays and the ACLU and the like?<<

Yes they did, and President Bush came out and condemned their remarks in the strongest way possible. Now we have the reverse (sort of, President Bush doesn't belong to either of their churches or call them his mentors), and you're giving Obama a pass. You condemn Bush for the words of someone he doesn't have any connection to and whom he condemned, but Obama get's a pass.

Sorry, not buying it.