Author Topic: Obama's Speech  (Read 11125 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Obama's Speech
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »
The same way Bob Jones apparently applied to Bush.  The same way Strom Thurmond apparently applied to Trent Lott.  We could go on

That apparently makes the whole guilt by association thing legit.

And so it goes.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

fatman

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »
Isn't that the meat of diplomacy?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2008, 10:23:48 PM »
The same way Bob Jones apparently applied to Bush.  The same way Strom Thurmond apparently applied to Trent Lott.  We could go on

That apparently makes the whole guilt by association thing legit.

Not when with the Right, it's 6degrees of seperation from association that makes one a racist, but with the left, 1 degree of seperation as one's mentor is just "his crazy uncle"

And so it goes

And will continue, since I have no interest in unilateral disarmament.  Believe me Bt, I understand your point, and its well principled.  But since I already see a stacked deck against Conservatives and the GOP, the idea of not referencing pertinent issues on judgement by an opponent isn't one that's gonna fly with me

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »
But since I already see a stacked deck against Conservatives and the GOP, the idea of not referencing pertinent issues on judgment by an opponent isn't one that's gonna fly with me

I don't see how it is a stacked deck. You have talk radio, Cable channels, magazines and blogs. You have mass mail efforts and a 72 hour mobilization team that is hard to beat. You have think tanks and organizations that Soros spends millions trying to catch up with.

50% of the voting population can tell you who the top three candidates were in the GOP and Dem primaries. The other 50% can't tell you who was president before Carter. Of the knowledgeable 50%, 20 to 25% will comprise the swing vote.  I don't think they care about Obama's pastor anymore than they do about McCains wife and her episodes with prescription drugs. They are more concerned with kitchen table issues. War, education, security, jobs, the economy and how it affects them.

They don't like to see piling on, they don't like the tit for tat game of politics, in a nutshell they are tired of the same old same old.They want their concerns addressed. And the Wright issue doesn't address that. If the GOP is seen as the lead dogs in this it will come back and bite them. I can pretty much guarantee it.

So be partisan all you want, but for crying out loud, be smart about it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2008, 11:31:41 PM »
Everyone should ALWAYS try to understand where every adversary is coming from. Even if there is a fight.
Only assholes try to settle disputes by brute force alone.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 12:02:42 AM »
But since I already see a stacked deck against Conservatives and the GOP, the idea of not referencing pertinent issues on judgment by an opponent isn't one that's gonna fly with me

I don't see how it is a stacked deck.

VAST majority of the MSM leans left, Nearly every major News Network leans left, nearly every cable news network is even more left (outside of Fox of course), Most Higher Education institutions are decidedly leftist, and BLOGS are split.  So yea, stacked deck

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2008, 12:42:42 AM »
So the MSM is fueling the Wright issue?

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2008, 12:45:52 AM »

So, we've gone from guilt by association to guilt by free association? Could we stick to criticizing Obama for what he's actually said and done?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:13 AM »
So the MSM is fueling the Wright issue?

As I've opined, at the facilitation of the Clinton machine, yes.  We've all known about this for over a year.  It's been on talk radio and the blogs for the same time.  It's only when Clinton's #'s were tanking that all of a sudden it got traction

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
VAST majority of the MSM leans left, Nearly every major News Network leans left, nearly every cable news network is even more left (outside of Fox of course), Most Higher Education institutions are decidedly leftist, and BLOGS are split.  So yea, stacked deck
=================================================
That's the way it seems to you.

Perhaps because you are so hideously far to the right.
Voting for a known ratwing moron TWICE.

Just remember you are paying for your poor judgment every time you gas up. The bad thing is that the rest of us, who didn't vote for the Asshole-In-Chief have to pay for your stupidity too.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2008, 11:38:13 AM »
=================================================
That's the way it seems to you.  Perhaps because you are so hideously far to the right.  Voting for a known ratwing moron TWICE.

See, there ya go.  Projection.  We all pretty much knew he wasn't some "ratwing moron", that's simply the way it "seems to you".  I guess this demonstrates how "hideously far to the left", you are

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2008, 01:07:15 PM »
Surely you cannot actually believe that Juniorbush is competent.

Wither reference to the stupid cartoon, any world leader should understand where their adversaries are coming from.

Junoirbush does not, and stubbornly resists all attempts to learn anything, which is just one element in his unprecedented incompetence.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2008, 01:22:59 PM »
Surely you cannot actually believe that Juniorbush is competent.

Surely you can differentiate public speaking skills with intelliegence.  Surely you can differentiate incompetence with conviction

Surely I can believe he's perfectly compotent.  You can't be elected president without it.  Doesn't make every one of his decisions golden, or even good.  I defy you to show me a President who hasn't made some bonehead decision(s).  Point being, your obsession with the evil Cheney and the moron Bush is simply how it "seems to you".  The rest of us more rationally minded can grasp that he's human, and has made both good and bad decisions as President. 

Junoirbush does not, and stubbornly resists all attempts to learn anything, which is just one element in his unprecedented incompetence.

See what I mean?  Thank you for helping to validate my point

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2008, 03:06:19 PM »
Show me just one shred of evidence that Juniorbush has learned anything.