Author Topic: Troop readiness dangerously low  (Read 4486 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Troop readiness dangerously low
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 03:57:29 PM »
"had anyone of reasonable competence been National Security Advisor other
than obsolete Soviet Scholar Condi Rice, there would have been no 9-11"

XO was Condi Rice in charge when the IslamoNazis struck the World Trade Center the first time
on February 26, 1993 with a Ryder truck filled with 1,500 pounds of explosives opening a 100 foot hole through 5 sublevels of concrete? The presiding judge said the conspirators' chief aim at the time of the attack was to destabilize the north tower and send it crashing into the south tower, toppling both landmarks. Get a grip dude.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:05:54 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 04:10:33 PM »
hope this makes it
for some reason when I respond my internet get disconnected
this happens several times for the past few months on both my work and home computer
anyway
what I was trying to say is the fact that draftee generally are unwilling participants can be a factor for them to be less effective than enlisted.
I`m not sayong your brother would be less effective because he was drafted
I`m saying thier would be a higher probabilty that draftees would be less receptive to training than a person who is willing to learn.
you gotta admit a draftee is most likely to be less motivated than an enlisted person
not your brother ,but possibly some of his comrades

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 08:03:46 PM »
Kimba,

I understand your latest point and concede that an unmotivated person rarely takes advantage of the training offered even when it is in their own best interest. But your previous points seemed to imply that there was a separate training regimen for draftees vs enlisted personnel and i know from the experience of family members that isn't true.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »
then I mis-wrote
that was never my intention
My point was totally about the differing motivation between a draftee and enlisted
I could of swore I stated the training is the same,I never even thought any of them would be short changed .
just trying the state a volunteer is different from a non-volunteer

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »
just trying the state a volunteer is different from a non-volunteer

To a  degree perhaps. In my case i wasn't interested in doing the things that would go towards military career advancement as that wasn't my intention.

But i did do the things that would either keep me safe or out of the brig.

If you are going to do the time, doesn't hurt to do it well.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:56:54 PM by BT »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 08:48:09 PM »
a friend of mine says staying alive is a rare art form.
he knew someone who did 3 tours in nam and was forbidden to do a 4th.
and was asked to instead go to DI school
he`s more valueable teaching soldiers not to get killed.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
XO was Condi Rice in charge when the IslamoNazis struck the World Trade Center the first time
on February 26, 1993 with a Ryder truck filled with 1,500 pounds of explosives opening a 100 foot hole through 5 sublevels of concrete? The presiding judge said the conspirators' chief aim at the time of the attack was to destabilize the north tower and send it crashing into the south tower, toppling both landmarks. Get a grip dude.
============================================
This was what you might term the "Wake Up Call": the Juniorbushies should have known that there was not only a plan to wreak havoc on the US, but specifically on the WTC. But Condi snoozed, and did not ask the question "Hmmm... how else could they try to blow up this building?"

There is no such thing as an "IslamoNazi", please. Condi did not get a grip, and you still haven't gotten one.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008, 01:52:24 AM »

Had the Sup[reme Court not stuck a moron on the throne, and had anyone of reasonable competence been National Security Advisor other than obsolete Soviet Scholar Condi Rice, there would have been no 9-11.

I find this extremely difficult to believe. There were failures and mistakes all through the intelligence community prior to the terrorist attacks. There were mistakes made before Bush the Younger took office. I am no fan of this administration, but I think you're completely wrong, and I don't believe you can find any evidence to back you up.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008, 11:15:05 AM »
I think that's because it's supposed to be "obvious" for us all to see.  Much like Cheney's theft of millions of "our" dollars     :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle