Author Topic: When?  (Read 32753 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: When?
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »
Nor should he.  Do I have some rightful claim to your money, after you die??

sheesh
====================================
My thought is that Dickless Cheney is stealing OUR money, so it would be right for him to return it upon his demise.

But since he won;t be doing this, perhaps we'd all be better off if he were prevented from stealing it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Rich

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2008, 03:08:30 PM »
>>My thought is that Dick {} Cheney is stealing OUR money<<

Source?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2008, 04:05:10 PM »
Do I have some rightful claim to your money, after you die??
====================================
My thought is that Dickless Cheney is stealing OUR money, so it would be right for him to return it upon his demise.

Well, that's an intesting "thought", but your OPINION not withstanding, his money is his money.  Your money is your money.  Wow, I just had a "thought", I think Xo is stealing OUR money.  Now, I have some claim to it when he dies.  Hoooraaaaa 

But since he won;t be doing this, perhaps we'd all be better off if he were prevented from stealing it.

We'll look forward to when you can actually validate said accusation.  Then we can go about in preventing the so called theft
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2008, 04:47:02 PM »
Maybe this board isn't such a "nice place" to hang one's hat and discuss. Man, you have changed, Sirs. . .  Geezzus, man...with comments like WHEN HE DIES! Hoooraaaa!? You seem desperate to win points.

And, with all due respect Miss Cynthia, you sound alot like Arriana Huffington, in how you've changed from a common sense conservative, to a letting-your-emotions-dictate-your judgements-liberal.  Now, have you NOT noticed that my comment you referenced above is rare, yet, equates to what Xo opines on a daily basis??  Of course not, because you are more inclined to agree with him now adays, so his all too frequent snide slurs and demeaning insults, largely get a pass.  But if sirs says something "mean", oh my, boy have I "changed"    :-\   

And when you've been demnstrated to be wrong, on vasrious subjects of education & the war, it's "where's the debate?"  "Why can't we just have a discussion?" (In other words, demonstrating the same thing you keep trying to accuse myself, Bt, Ami, Prince, etc., of always thinking we're right)  You have yet to admit to any wrong you may have stood on originally, be it NCLB or MA, and instead either defer responding, or claim how others see themselves as always being right.....all the while dodging where you've been wrong.  It's called deflection

Now, that may all sound "mean", and give you more reason to claim how I've "changed", but it doesn't refute the point being made.  My apologies if the truth here, as I see it, stings a bit
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 05:02:56 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »
"Maybe this board isn't such a "nice place" to hang one's hat and discuss. Man, you have changed, Sirs"

Cynthia I can't speak for SIRS but do you not understand that XO is one of the biggest
insulting name callers on this site?

We know you don't and we know he doesn't, but many of us conservatives have great respect
for the sitting Vice President of the United States.

So when XO refers to our Vice President as "Dickless Cheney" has he did
in this thread yeah Sirs and others may throw a return "punch".
(and "dickless cheney" is actually mild for XO)

XO on an almost daily basis throws insulting degrading names at Republicans. I nor SIRS cares
at all for the super super liberal Obama, but we don't call him insulting petty names like "Dickless Obama".

I am not saying that if SIRS implied it would be good if XO died that is ok, but I am saying
your outrage about the lack of civility should also examine the name calling and very insulting
things XO says about Republicans. For the most part he deserves any punches thrown his way.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »
I see nothing wrong with a bit of jousting, but your statement about someone's death, Sir? Wow!

Did you see ANYWHERE in my comment my desire to see Xo die??  ANYWHERE that wished/wanted death for him??  No, you didn't.  You saw where I was laying claim to his money WHEN he dies, (which could be 100years from now), just as he was implying how Cheney's money should be taken away when he dies.  

Notice the difference??

::)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
Did you see ANYWHERE in my comment my desire to see Xo die??  ANYWHERE that wished/wanted death for him??  No, you didn't.  You saw where I was laying claim to his money WHEN he dies, (which could be 100years from now), just as he was implying how Cheney's money should be taken away when he dies.   Notice the difference??

Ok ok....but, it still isn't a way to end a point.

End what point?  The point that Cheney's money doesn't belong to Xo, no matter how much Xo hates Cheney??

Maybe your tongue in cheek got a bit stuck there.

But Xo's is just fine, apparently

oy

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2008, 05:32:18 PM »
End what point?  The point that Cheney's money doesn't belong to Xo, no matter how much Xo hates Cheney??

Why not?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2008, 05:36:22 PM »
Why not?

Because XO has no legal claim to it, that's why.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2008, 05:37:47 PM »
oy

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
Albuquerque graduation is 60% based on the methodology used in this report.

http://www.edweek.org/media/swansoncitiesincrisis040108.pdf

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2008, 05:38:54 PM »
Why not?

Because XO has no legal claim to it, that's why.

I'm not asking from a legal standpoint. Laws aren't always what is right. Legally you might have had to turn over your best friend to the Nazis for being a Jew, that certainly does not make it right.

My question still stands.

Why not?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »
I'm not asking from a legal standpoint.

That's the only standpoint that matters.

Without a legal basis he has no claim.

Nation of laws.

Most of which deal with property.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »
Ha. and you would be one of those who sits back on your laurels without the "rest of the story"  as reported in the afterstatement...not on paper

You have made...My point.

The rest of the story is in the link. Did you read it?

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2008, 05:52:09 PM »
I'm not asking from a legal standpoint.

That's the only standpoint that matters.

Without a legal basis he has no claim.

Nation of laws.

Most of which deal with property.

Yeah right. This would be the same nation of laws that beat the shit out of peaceful African-American marchers in Selma. This would be the same nation of laws that had countless people murdered in Latin America throughout the 70's and 80's. Nice response.

Or how about the law against mixed marriages, when were those repealed in the Southern states again?

XO made the point not based on legalism, but on general philosophy. I'll grant that he could have done a much better job in explaining it.

Then again, I didn't realize that the Pharisees were out in full force today. Better hope a Samaritan finds you if you're lying on the side of the road bloody and not a member of the nation of laws.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster