Author Topic: Obama's Dimestore "Mien Kampf"  (Read 78691 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama's Dimestore "Mien Kampf"
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »
You couldn't be more wrong, Js       :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2008, 11:57:49 PM »
You can be a bad Christian or a good Christian. I suppose that which one is would be the judgment of God or Christ. The basic problem I have with Christianity is that it makes no logical sense. The Bible is pretty obviously not the work of any perfect being, and the most logical part of the New Testament, which would be the writings of Jesus, were never written, although there is an excessive amount of administrative claptrap attributed to Paul.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Rich

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2008, 12:21:54 PM »
>>Saying Hitler used Christian language to sway people is not the same as saying Hitler's motivations were Christian.<<

Please, tell us how it is you know what motivated Hitler in this instance.

Waiting ...

Rich

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2008, 12:28:22 PM »
>>The FACT is that the Democrats haven't nominated ANYONE yet.<<

I guess you aren't much of a critical thinker. But I knew that.

>> but I really don't want to hear about your sex ...<<

I wouldn't think you would be since I don't suck dick in the airport men's room or allow men to sodomize me.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2008, 12:55:30 PM »

>>Saying Hitler used Christian language to sway people is not the same as saying Hitler's motivations were Christian.<<

Please, tell us how it is you know what motivated Hitler in this instance.

Waiting ...

Here's a clue: I never claimed to speak about Hitler's motivations. You're the one who brought that up, and it was a strawman then too.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Rich

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »
So if his perverted idea of Christianity wasn't his motivation, then why bring it up? If you know it was all bullshit, then why the hell do you insist on trying to form some kind of "historical" connect?

Of all the documentaries I've watched about Hitler, WWII, and the books I've read on the subject, NEVER has a real historian spent a second on connecting Nazism and Christianity. Only long afterwards when some hack wants to take a crack at Christianity does it even get mentioned as a "historical" fact. Sirs has but it very well, and I'll just let his comments stand without attempting to improve on them. I'm not going to continue your little tennis match. It's tedious.

Rich

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2008, 01:27:59 PM »
>>One month, one month, after it was posted, and after everyone apologized for being part of the problem, it seems to be forgotten.<<

You have absolutely no reason to talk UP. You started on with the shitty little remarks before anyone else did. LONG before anyone else did.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »

So if his perverted idea of Christianity wasn't his motivation, then why bring it up?

Here's another clue: No one said anything about it being his motivation. No one except you.

If you know it was all bullshit, then why the hell do you insist on trying to form some kind of "historical" connect?

I don't. I don't have to try. The historical "connect" already exists.

Of all the documentaries I've watched about Hitler, WWII, and the books I've read on the subject, NEVER has a real historian spent a second on connecting Nazism and Christianity.

I could provide links to some Amazon.com pages for books you could read, but I don't know what you consider a "real historian". In any case, there are a number of books on the subject, and they are not hard to find.

Only long afterwards when some hack wants to take a crack at Christianity does it even get mentioned as a "historical" fact.

The facts are what they are, and if you want to deny what happened, that choice rests with you and no one else.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2008, 02:16:29 PM »

>>One month, one month, after it was posted, and after everyone apologized for being part of the problem, it seems to be forgotten.<<

You have absolutely no reason to talk UP. You started on with the shitty little remarks before anyone else did. LONG before anyone else did.

Please, by all means, point them out.

Waiting...

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »
You couldn't be more wrong, Js       :-\

How so?

I'd appreciate a no strawman answer this time as well if you wouldn't mind.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Rich

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »
The strawman thing is also tedious.

Maybe we should go back to the original post and work our way forwards in order to find out what in the hell the point was anyway.

::)

Rich

« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »
No need to wait:

>>Pooh yi<< For starters.

Whatever the hell that means.

Then there's:

>>Go right ahead. Just don't expect to eat at the adults' table any time soon.<<

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »

The strawman thing is also tedious.

Then stop using them.

Rich

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »
>>Because Hitler's rise to power is a remarkable testament to Christian nationalism.<<

That's what you said JS. If you didn't mean "Christian Nationalism" was a pillar of the Nazi movement, then why would you claim it had such power?

So as sirs and I have been trying to point out, if you're not attempting to equate Christianity to Nazism (which you claim even after the above statement), you're doing a hell of a good job. I'm saying if it has any influence at all, it was minimal. It was not a testament to the power of any kind of Christianity.

Rich

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »
No.