Author Topic: Witness 2  (Read 2982 times)

Cynthia

Witness 2
« on: April 20, 2008, 01:33:17 AM »
Oh my....I can see the next new movie of a decade on the horizon.

Polygamist starring Angelina Jolie as Marylin.

What a story.

The Amish should meet with these families  and compare the treatment of children and women.

Men in the polygamsist cults are sick....the Mormon women probably do not have a true sense of what is proper  treatment for the child, sans the cult. imo.

Abused women in the secular culture are blind.....can you imagine the brain washing of these poor women and children?

Take the men out, and you will have a pure religious freedom without the pedophilic element, imo.

Nothing has been proven.....but the evidence is consistent thus far.

Do the Amish treat the women and children with such abuse?

I doubt it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 01:35:41 AM by Cynthia »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Witness 2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:54:21 AM »
actually
there was a case a few years ago
but he was punished for it, the harshed way they can.
they shunned him.
unknown if it actually worked.
It does sound weak by our standards,but it may actually be severe by thiers

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »
In the Amish communities I've read about, they help each other with harvest and if a house burns, they build another one. Very labor-intensive life, but many hands make light work, as they say. 

I don't know if all these things would happen if one were shunned, but in trying to picture it, this is how I see it:
If something breaks, and you can't fix it, and you're shunned forever....no one will help you. No one will fix something, or help you rebuild,  or get your harvest in if you break your leg, and so on.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Rich

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:15:19 PM »
The Amish are nothing like Mormons.

Cynthia

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »
The Amish are nothing like Mormons.

Nothing like?

Splain, Richo

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:48:58 AM »
The Amish are an old German pietistic order. They don't associate with the 'English', as they call the outside world, except to sell baked goods and such. They are monogamous, their marriages are not arranged, and every young Amish has the opportunity to go out into the world for a while to see what it is like. I don't think most of them do this, but they all know that they can. Schools are well-organized to teach what every Amish needs to know about housekeeping, making clothes and even shoes,  cooking, managing money, carpentry, animal husbandry and real estate, because their communities are constantly growing.

Unlike the FDS Church members, the Amish live entirely within the law and are respected by the community. I used to live on a farm near some Amish farms near Charles County, MD, and the Amish would trade favors with the local non-Amish farmers quite often, buying fencing and other materials in bulk to get a wholesale price. They would trade pies for apples and cherries, and occasionally taught neighbor's young daughters how to cook.

I have never met any FLDS types, and most of what I know about Amish is hearsay from a son of a landlady I had in MD who had some Amish neighbors.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:52:56 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."