Author Topic: Brassmask.com Endorses Chris Lugo For Senator From TN  (Read 2010 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Brassmask.com Endorses Chris Lugo For Senator From TN
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »
Well why not?

Bifurcate the Dems between the fringe and the center the way the Republicans have.

Would haveing four partys be unrealistic?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 08:08:45 PM »
No it wouldn't.

Why not have twenty parties, I say?

The_Professor

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 12:45:04 AM »
Your right/call, but a vote like this is a waste oftime. The realistic election probability is next to nil, therefore it is a waste of effort.

Speaking from the Right, I could live with either of the two major choices.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 10:16:44 AM »
I really don't understand that mindset.  You act like its more important to be with a majority than it is to vote your principles.

Being part of the herd is not what I'm wanting.  I'm wanting to vote FOR something.  I'm wanting my vote to have meaning for ME not just a rubberstamp for one of the Big Two.

Why is that so hard for some people to understand?  When you say that you could live with either of the choices, don't you hear a little voice in your head that says maybe that means that Brass CAN'T live with either of them.  Are you from Tennessee?  I can't remember.

Did you not read my post about Chris Lugo and why I can't possibly vote for Ford?

Look, here's a relevant piece of it.

Ask yourself if you want a Senator who is a Republican and a conservative.

If the answer is no, then ask yourself if you want a Democrat. If the answer to that question is yes, then ask yourself if you want a Democrat (any Democrat) then you have to vote for the Democratic candidate. But if you answered that question with a yes, you have to know that the Democratic candidate on the ballot is not a liberal. If he is, then he is a bald-faced liar who has been on tv for months touting his support for:

THE PATRIOT ACT
PRAYER IN SCHOOLS
A CONSTITUTIONAL BAN ON GAY MARRIAGE
THE TORTURE BILL
THE BANKRUPTCY BILL
IMMIGRATION REFORM (BUT NOT WHAT KIND)
"FAMILY VALUES" (THOUGH HE IS A BACHELOR)

And in the past he has expressed his support for "the president" in the "war on terror"

Harold Ford Jr. has spent months trying to out-Republican the Republican candidate (some guy named Corker, you mighta heard of him).

Those are all points where I disagree with Ford.  Not to mention his family's utter corruption and insane belief that a white man can't represent District Nine, Jr's old seat.

To me, this is the essence of voting.  When you can't distinguish between the two candidates, there can be no party loyalty.  (Not that I have any party loyalty, my votes for the D's have been happenstance.  I vote for who I would most like to see in that office or who has been recommended to me by friends if I don't know much about the person.)

The_Professor

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 10:18:39 AM »
Oh, I recognize it isfully your choice andright and I rejoive in that fact you can vote how you please. I just question whether it will do any good, realisticially. I know it will assuge your principles.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 10:25:06 AM »
How could that be wrong?

What harm can come of voting your principles rather than for a "team"?