Author Topic: Florida license plates  (Read 20045 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Florida license plates
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 09:16:52 PM »
How is evolution a simpler explanation?

Many of the building blocks for life are self assembling.

Oh so you beleive in spontainious generation?

When I see leggo blocks is suspect engineering too , self assembleing is a sophisticated feature , if you saw a machine assemble another machine would you consider that proof that machines need no engineers?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 07:19:15 AM »
Spontaneous creation of life in an infinite universe over an infinite period of time is a simpler explanation than a Theistic one, because one need no have an explanation of where the Creator came from, and when, and why.

Saying he already WAS simply assumes that in some part of the Universe, the rules do not apply, to wit, that portion of the Universe which God inhabits, not subject to time or constant change like the rest of the universe. . That is more complicated.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »
Spontaneous creation of life in an infinite universe over an infinite period of time is a simpler explanation than a Theistic one, because one need no have an explanation of where the Creator came from, and when, and why.

Saying he already WAS simply assumes that in some part of the Universe, the rules do not apply, to wit, that portion of the Universe which God inhabits, not subject to time or constant change like the rest of the universe. . That is more complicated.

God might be larger and older than the Universe , we do not know that the Universe is infinate , neither scripture not science claims this. What God is made of is a total mystery ,what the Universe is made of is 60% a mystery.

If Amino acids like each others company and assemble themselves Christal formation is explained , not life.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »
God might be larger and older than the Universe , we do not know that the Universe is infinate , neither scripture not science claims this. What God is made of is a total mystery ,what the Universe is made of is 60% a mystery.

====================================
God might be an old man with a white beard dressed in Hebrew Rabbi's robes. God might resemble the Flying Spaghetti Monster or your mother, but what are the odds?

Most scientists agree that the universe, for all practical purposes, is indeed infinite, having neither center nor edges. It is made up of lots of empty space, matter and energy, some of each of which are of unknown forms.

Either God has always existed, or you will have to assume that he was created by something a lot more complex than life was. I don't see any alternative to these two hypotheses.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »

====================================
God might be an old man with a white beard dressed in Hebrew Rabbi's robes. God might resemble the Flying Spaghetti Monster or your mother, but what are the odds?

Most scientists agree that the universe, for all practical purposes, is indeed infinite, having neither center nor edges. It is made up of lots of empty space, matter and energy, some of each of which are of unknown forms.

Either God has always existed, or you will have to assume that he was created by something a lot more complex than life was. I don't see any alternative to these two hypotheses.

The white matter of your brain resembles the flying spagetti monster quite a bit [ http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=white-matter-matters ] .

God is made of unknown stuff of unknown parts what little clues scripture gives us about his appearance don't strike me as important.

We have some sort of resemblance to God being made in his image , but I don't know that this means that we can expect him to be humanoid , or if this references our self awareness and cogent nature , I don't even know if this is important to know.

I also don't know what dark matter is made of , nor how many Brames may exist , yet I give Science some credence when they discuss these things , why not ? I can't contradict without understanding better than they do.

Rich

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 09:49:22 PM »
Define life?

Sounds like you can't answer the question.

Life ... you know. Life, the universe and everything. What is the first organism to have life as we know it, and how did it get here?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »
Define life?

Sounds like you can't answer the question.

Life ... you know. Life, the universe and everything. What is the first organism to have life as we know it, and how did it get here?

Who me?

Life ,in my experience, begins at 46.

Rich

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 10:07:41 PM »
No, not you.

46 huh? Then I just got started!

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 11:11:09 PM »
What is the first organism to have life as we know it, and how did it get here?

"Life" is a smooth progression from the near inanimate to intelligent. There are self-replicated organic acids that most would not consider life, but could be considered alive.

Again, you have to define "life" before I can answer the question.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 12:03:31 AM »
What is the first organism to have life as we know it, and how did it get here?

"Life" is a smooth progression from the near inanimate to intelligent. There are self-replicated organic acids that most would not consider life, but could be considered alive.

Again, you have to define "life" before I can answer the question.

The first iteration of the progression you just mentioned.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 08:19:56 AM »

OK. Then I already mentioned it. And those have been demonstrated to form spontaneously in laboratory conditions.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »
If organic acids can replicate themselves, then that would be the key to more advanced forms doing the same.
Then you have to decide whether God chose this as his way of creating life, or that God is unnecessary and does not exist.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 01:03:21 AM »
If organic acids can replicate themselves, then that would be the key to more advanced forms doing the same.
Then you have to decide whether God chose this as his way of creating life, or that God is unnecessary and does not exist.

God can exist whether he is necessacery or not.

Ford is not necessacery to Car , but there is still Ford Cars.

Simple forms replicate simple forms , why would more complex combinations carry advantage?

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 02:00:28 AM »
A question mark would be an appropriate symbol for Agnosticism, but would make no sense at all for an Atheist.  If an Atheist questions the existence of God he is an Agnostic.  An Atheist has concluded there is no God.  That there is "probably" not a God is Atheist-leaning, but it is nevertheless Agnostic.

Obviously, the strongest logical position belongs to the Agnostic, followed by the Theist.  The weakest logical position is Atheism.  I cannot tell what might symbolize that, but it wouldn't seem to me to be a question mark.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 05:44:57 AM »

OK. Then I already mentioned it. And those have been demonstrated to form spontaneously in laboratory conditions.

Yes , and the result is life? Or an organic compound that just sits there ?

That the iteration is ongoing is important .