Author Topic: No great enthusiasm and sharia  (Read 1491 times)

The_Professor

No great enthusiasm and sharia
« on: November 04, 2006, 02:12:07 PM »
I can't say I have great enthusiasm for the elections. I will vote Republican in any election where it matters (with a few exceptions), not because I think they deserve to win but because I fear the consequences of losing. I wish mightily that we had a viable party similar to either Republicans or Democrats back in 1960, back when Hugh Bone of the University of Washington said that political parties were groups whose only goal was to capture control of government and use the money to reward their party workers. If that were the worst we had to fear all would be well.

Now we have ideologues on all sides, and they seem to have control of their party nominees; or else we have people who really do want to run the government for their own advantage and have few principles limiting what they will do to keep it. In any such conflict the ideologues will eventually win. And no one seems to think that government which governs best governs least. The old Goldwater principles are long gone.

I have been reading the demographics of Europe and I wonder when the first European "nation" will succumb to sharia? As someone recently put it, in order to stand and fight for freedom you have to be born in the first place. In 50 years at present trends Russia will have a smaller population than Yemen. And I note that the British Flag with its Cross of St. George can no longer be displayed in British prisons.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No great enthusiasm and sharia
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 03:07:33 PM »
Would you vote for a Libertarian Canadate?

http://www.hayesforgovernor.com/

Those who are not trapped by history are free to exceed it.
I'm Garrett Michael Hayes, your Libertarian nominee for Governor of Georgia. 

As Georgia's first Libertarian governor, my goals will be simple:

The_Professor

Re: No great enthusiasm and sharia
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 03:11:39 PM »
Nope, sorry. I checked his positions and I simply do not agree with some of them.