Author Topic: An Anatomy of Surrender  (Read 10352 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: An Anatomy of Surrender
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHyzlILoiDY[/youtube]

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 01:38:03 AM »
Tarek Fatah, a liberal Canadian Muslim, wrote in his critical review of The Trouble With Islam that the book "is aimed at making Muslim haters feel secure in their thinking."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irshad_Manji

Hahahahahahahaha!

Interpretation is free.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2008, 02:05:50 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri

Hmmmmm

grapes?

Some modern day philologists such as Christoph Luxenberg have argued that the word huri, has been misinterpreted by generations of Muslim readers as wide-eyed virgins (who will serve the faithful in Paradise; Qur'an 44:54, 52:20 ,55:72, 56:22) actually means white grapes. He suggests that the word is actually a misread from its actual meaning of "white grapes", a word often found in many Christian descriptions of Paradise as abounding in pure white grapes. This theory sparked much joking in the Western press; Muslim suicide bombers would be expecting beautiful women and getting grapes.[64]

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2008, 03:21:12 AM »

If you have found a  "Canadian Muslim feminist, author, journalist, activist, and lesbian", what do you expect her to do?

She will have precious little credibility with Members of Al Quieda , their admirers , and those intimidated by Al Quieda , she will be neither persuasive nor a threat -Al Queida is both.

And with that, this conversation has now officially qualified as a complete waste of time. Cheese and rice, Plane. Do you really think I'm talking about trying to persuade al Qaeda? Yes, that must be my plan. Send in the lesbian Muslim, and she will convince bin Laden to give up his evil ways. It's just gotta work! Pooh yi. I'm done. I can recognize terrorist bombings until my fingers are rubbed free of fingerprints, and I'll still not get one single recognition of moderate Islam. Even when you go to look at the Wikipedia page on Irshad Manji, apparently all you can see is "making Muslim haters feel secure in their thinking." We're done. I'm done. There is no point and no value in continuing.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--