Author Topic: Wright Speaks for the Left  (Read 6714 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wright Speaks for the Left
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »
I have every reason to believe that Rush was hired by the ruling oligarchy.

Franken was not, because, there is no ruling leftist oligarchy.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 12:53:23 PM »

Franken was not, because, there is no ruling leftist oligarchy.

Rush can make his own money , Bill gates would have to take out a mortguage to hire him.

Air America was started and maintained by a group of wannabe ogliarcs who really don't know much about how things work in spite of haveing a lot of money.

Where did you think Air America got seed money if there are no Liberal ogliarcs?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
Top 10 Liberal Foundations

The HUMAN EVENTS®

TOP 10

The National Conservative Weekly® * Est. 1944

www.HumanEventsOnline.com

Compiled by the Capital Research Center

The 2005 Chronicle of Philanthropy annual survey of the largest private foundations (published March 23, 2006) found that 122 foundations provided asset figures that totaled $166.5 billion. The assets of just the top 10 foundations were $94.4 billion. The 10 largest "liberal" foundations that give substantial funding to leftist public policy and advocacy organizations are listed below.

1 Ford Foundation-New York City, N.Y.

Assets: $11,615,906,693

Grants: $532,579,756

2 Robert Wood Johnson Foundation-Princeton, N.J.

Assets: $9,105,401,000

Grants: $372,860,000

3 W.K. Kellogg Foundation-Battle Creek, Mich.

Assets: $7,928,000,000

Grants: $219,000,000

4 David and Lucile Packard Foundation-Los Altos, Calif.

Assets: $5,788,500,000

Grants: $176,137,000

5 John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation-Chicago, III.

Assets: $5,360,000,000

Grants: $193,000,000

6 California Endowment-Woodland Hills, Calif.

Assets: $3,729,571,524

Grants: $153,242,789

7 Charles Stewart Mott Foundation-Flint, Mich.

Assets: $2,490,000.000

Grants: $113,000,000

8 Heinz Endowments-Pittsburgh, Pa.

(2004 figures)

Assets: $1,399,462,836

Grants: $61,213,125

9 Rockefeller Brothers Fund-New York City, N.Y.

(2004 figures)

Assets: $773,436,060

Grants: $23,354,833

10 Soros Foundations Network/Open Society InstituteNew York City, N.Y.

(2004 figures)

Assets: $594,000,000

Grants: $97,000,000

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3827/is_200605/ai_n17182040/print

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 02:11:33 PM »
Foundations are not oligarchies, not one of them.

There are no leftist oligarchies in the US.

Foundations are the crumbs from the rich people's tables

Bill Gates could buy and sell a hundrerd Rush Limbaughs, but the reason Limbaugh has been paid all that money is to warp the minds of people like you. quite good at it. The more you blather o about this, the more you are making my point.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 11:52:21 PM »
Foundations are not oligarchies, not one of them.

There are no leftist oligarchies in the US.

Foundations are the crumbs from the rich people's tables

Bill Gates could buy and sell a hundrerd Rush Limbaughs, but the reason Limbaugh has been paid all that money is to warp the minds of people like you. quite good at it. The more you blather o about this, the more you are making my point.

It would help your point if you provided something more than your opinion .

You don't really have to , but you could.

If the Kennedy clan arn't Ogliarchs , if the Clintons havent joined that teir , if the people who finance liberal political causes just arn't ogliarcs then by what token is anyone an ogliarch?

And I haven't seen you produce a Xerox of Rush Limbaughs paycheck either , your opinion is as good as mine till then , but no better.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 12:35:39 AM »
If the Kennedy clan arn't Ogliarchs , if the Clintons havent joined that teir , if the people who finance liberal political causes just arn't ogliarcs then by what token is anyone an ogliarch?

Anyone(s) that are Republican, Conservative, or support right leaning causes.  Sheeesh Plane, didn't you get the memo?     ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »
====================================================================
The less than 1% of the population that owns half of everything: land, money, stocks, bonds, companies. These are the people who constitute the oligarchy. Mostly, they do not reveal their names. The Waltons of Wal*Mart, Gates and Trump are some that don't seem to mind. Some of these people perhaps most of them, want you and me to pay all the taxes so they won't have to. TThey have lobbyists and propagandists galore top support their interests. These were the people who abolished the inheritance tax, for example, so they can die and pass all their power on to their heirs without having to take their companies public. Rush is their hireling. Those who follow Rush are their patsies.

The ones who finance 'liberal' causes might be the few among the superrich who actually have a conscience. There are few of these compared to the ones who really run this country.

So there you have it. Feel free to continue in your quest to spell the word oligarch in creative ways.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »
Some of these people perhaps most of them, want you and me to pay all the taxes so they won't have to. TThey have lobbyists and propagandists galore top support their interests.

Damn, they hire ineffective people, then. You'd think that with all that money at their disposal, they could do a better job.

After all, the top 1% in income of the US population pays 36.9% of taxes.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 11:07:52 AM »
D'OH
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 04:28:12 PM »
====================================================================
The less than 1% of the population that owns half of everything: land, money, stocks, bonds, companies. These are the people who constitute the oligarchy. Mostly, they do not reveal their names. The Waltons of Wal*Mart, Gates and Trump are some that don't seem to mind. Some of these people perhaps most of them, want you and me to pay all the taxes so they won't have to. TThey have lobbyists and propagandists galore top support their interests. These were the people who abolished the inheritance tax, for example, so they can die and pass all their power on to their heirs without having to take their companies public. Rush is their hireling. Those who follow Rush are their patsies.

The ones who finance 'liberal' causes might be the few among the superrich who actually have a conscience. There are few of these compared to the ones who really run this country.

So there you have it. Feel free to continue in your quest to spell the word oligarch in creative ways.

Are not about 60% of this group Democrats?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 07:56:30 PM »

============================
Get serious. I would doubt that MAYBE 2 or 3% of their relatives are Democrats.
The Oligarchy votes Republican. Perhaps they donate a few crumbs to Democrats in states where the Republicans never win, just to get an ear to their complaints in Congress. I have no idea how many actually are members of the party, but party membership is meaningless in the US.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 08:01:20 PM »

Get serious. I would doubt that MAYBE 2 or 3% of their relatives are Democrats.  The Oligarchy votes Republican.

See Plane?  It was in the memo

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 11:31:58 PM »

Get serious. I would doubt that MAYBE 2 or 3% of their relatives are Democrats.
The Oligarchy votes Republican. Perhaps they donate a few crumbs to Democrats in states where the Republicans never win, just to get an ear to their complaints in Congress. I have no idea how many actually are members of the party, but party membership is meaningless in the US.

If the tax laws are written for their benefit , then they need some Democrats to be involved.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 11:01:53 AM »
If the tax laws are written for their benefit , then they need some Democrats to be involved.

===================================
The custom of having earmarks for every district and state assures some support from members of a fractious party like the Democratic Party.

If it were not for earmarks, there surely would be states and districts that would get very little of their taxes back in the form of such deals.

For example, how would anyone justify spending as much per capita on residents of Utah or Western Kansas for homeland security? There is no real danger of Al Qaeda striking at the Mormon warehouses out to the W of Salt Lake or the grain silos in Smith Center.

North Dakota was getting so little of its own taxes back that there was a plan to build a shrine to Lawrence Welk in Strasburg.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/NDSTRwelk.html

I don;t imagine that Strasburg's tax receipts amount to much, and the best thing the feds can do is to keep the roads maintained so the crops get to market and future Mr Wunnerful's can easily get the Hell out, just as Lawrence did, way back when.

The deal to make it a National Monument or whatever fell through, but there is a willing army of volunteers that keep the farmstead and its privy clean. They say they get 7000 visitors every year.

I bet if they did get their cookies from the government, it would be a better value than other government perks that serve no legitimate purpose, like maintaining the Blue Angels and other mega expensive military daredevil teams, that could do their publicity thing as well or better in more fuel efficient and more easily maintained planes that the latest multi-zillion dollar fighters. I  mean, it does not really serve any function for government to provide these teams of daredevils, and if it did, slower aircraft would be even more entertaining.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »

Could any of these reasons be described as factual?