Author Topic: Ya gotta believe, dummy...  (Read 1346 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ya gotta believe, dummy...
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:22:16 AM »
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ya gotta believe, dummy...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 12:44:21 AM »
Watch it , that is our next president you are joking with.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:14:43 AM »
Watch and see that if Obama gets the nomination, McCain will be accusing him of being an "elitist".

All this is immaterial crap.

The average person does not possess the skills needed to run the country, as the Juniorbush presidency has proven.

We need to elect someone with better and more skills. To wit, a member of an elite.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 01:17:40 AM »
Watch and see that if Obama gets the nomination, McCain will be accusing him of being an "elitist".

All this is immaterial crap.

The average person does not possess the skills needed to run the country, as the Juniorbush presidency has proven.

We need to elect someone with better and more skills. To wit, a member of an elite.

Does it have to be someone that holds most of us in contempt?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:24:41 AM »
The Hillary in that cartoon is NOT THE REAL HILLARY. it is a cartoon Hillary, fer chrissakes!

The objective of electing a president is to assure that the country is well-run.

If you had to choose between someone that was a lot of fun good ol' boy who would run the economy into the ground, allow companies to loot your savings, and allow the roads and bridges to fall apart, and someone who thought you might have a few mental shortcomings, who would you prefer?

Really, we need someone of superior abilities to run the country.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 02:01:43 AM »
The Hillary in that cartoon is NOT THE REAL HILLARY. it is a cartoon Hillary, fer chrissakes!

The objective of electing a president is to assure that the country is well-run.

If you had to choose between someone that was a lot of fun good ol' boy who would run the economy into the ground, allow companies to loot your savings, and allow the roads and bridges to fall apart, and someone who thought you might have a few mental shortcomings, who would you prefer?

Really, we need someone of superior abilities to run the country.

The real Hillary Clinton really does hold me in contempt for not supporting her , she holds you in contempt for being gullible, really.

Bill and Hillary hold a record for gaining the most money from a standing start above any other president.

Grant gets a lot of guff for heading a corrupt administration , but Grant didn't set it up that way and skim a profit himself, he almost died broke.

Bill milked us , and that is Hillarys experience.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 02:34:09 AM »

Jan. 11: At a news conference, President Clinton says he is nearly broke and owes about $1.6 million in legal fees stemming from Whitewater and the Paula Jones sexual harassment suit.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110003549

February 6, 2008,  3:25 pm
Clinton Lent Campaign $5 Million, Considers More

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/06/clinton-considers-lending-her-campaign-money/

Book sales , pardon sales , gift houses , the amazeing part is that lots of this is public knoledge , since recently anyhow.

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/feature/returns/

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 02:41:43 AM »
PRESIDENT CLINTON'S SPEECH INCOME: $51,855,599

What would he charge for shutting up?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
What would he charge for shutting up?

Ah kin probly scrape together a dollar to start a fund...
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 09:58:24 AM »
And yet,

The country enjoyed unprecedented prosperity during Clinton's term.

He mongered no wars he could not end, and few soldiers died.

He almost balanced the budget, -- certainly came closer to it than anyone since I think, Nixon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Clinton was immeasurably better than Juniorbush.

If you don't approve of him giving speeches for money, don't attend them, and it would be only fair to cut all ex-presidents off from giving speeches. Grant lived in a time when ex-presidents could not earn money from speeches.

I don't think you can actually ban anyone from public speaking, for a fee or not. That is guaranteed by the Constitution. Of course, if things continue to go the way they have been, perhaps it will be amended to ensure that everyone only gives proper patriotic speeches. Saying unpleasant things about our fearless leaders only encourages the terrorists, they say.

And by the way, Grant did not die broke. He wrote his memoirs, which were edited and published by Mark Twain and sold a lot of copies. This enabled both men to get out of debt.

His memoirs are pretty interesting, too. You should read them someday. Being a Southerner and all, you could give equal time to the CSA by reading the numerous books in which J.E.B. Stuart tells us how he really was as heroic as his better legends. I think there are some things written by R.E. 'Marse Robert' Lee, as well, but lesser known than those of Grant.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 10:11:56 AM »
Presidential candidates have strived relentlessly downward in social class ever since the 1840s, when William Henry Harrison created what historians now call the "common-man myth." While most of his peers campaigned from their estates, Harrison traveled the country and spoke under a banner depicting a log cabin and a bottle of hard cider. He won the presidency by a landslide, and his campaign model became the new standard.

With few exemptions since, American voters have picked presidents who mimic the public's most ordinary habits -- men who regularly mention drinking, or NASCAR, or old-fashioned farm work. Ronald Reagan liked to be photographed chopping wood. George H.W. Bush spoke longingly about pork rinds. Bill Clinton stopped at McDonald's while on the campaign trial, even when it required a side trip. And George W. Bush is a champion brush-clearer.

Disruption to this role-playing occurs only when a politician makes a blunder so glaring that it reveals him to be a jester in costume. Gerald Ford bit into a tamale without husking it while campaigning on the Mexican border in 1976, and he extolled its deliciousness before realizing he had consumed the wrapper. John F. Kerry ordered a cheesesteak at Pat's in Philadelphia and asked for Swiss cheese, even though Pat's had specialized in subs with Cheez Whiz for 70 years.

In 1994, George W. Bush arranged for several media outlets to follow him on the first day of dove-hunting season. He fired his gun, killed a bird and looked like a real woodsman until officials identified his kill as a Texas songbird, a protected species easily distinguished from doves by experienced hunters. Bush paid a $130 fine.

"If you can look like the common man and make your opponent appear out of touch, you've pretty much won the election," said Richard Shenkman, a George Mason professor who has written several books about presidential campaigning. "The American people, given the choice between reality and the myth, almost always pick the myth. . . . We tell ourselves their average day is just like ours."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24478379/

Funny article

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »

And by the way, Grant did not die broke. He wrote his memoirs, which were edited and published by Mark Twain and sold a lot of copies. This enabled both men to get out of debt.

That is why I said "almost" this was almost ther last thing he did as he was dieing of cancer.

Actually Clintons fees for speaches don't really bother me , this is the closest thing to honest work the guy has ever done. The House he ws given , the fees for pardons and such other grafts that made him a millionaire while he was still president , that is kinda galling.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 10:27:51 AM »
His memoirs are pretty interesting, too. You should read them someday.

True , I had planned to read them a few years ago when I read that Grant made the connection between the reason for the war and slavery direct in his writeing , refuting the theroys of the war current at that time that made taxation or economic dominance the "real " reason for the war.

I probly will read this , but I can't budget the amount of reading I used to.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 11:11:05 AM »

I have started enjoying audio books. Allows me to combine reading with other activities, especially driving.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »

I have started enjoying audio books. Allows me to combine reading with other activities, especially driving.

That might be a good idea , I hadn't thought about seeking significant history on CD , I m listening to a clive Custler right now.