Author Topic: What Islam Isn't  (Read 10153 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What Islam Isn't
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 09:09:39 PM »
The video fails to mention that Islam started in 622, and after nearly 1400 years has not come close to conquering the world. It is also a stagnant culture with regard to inventions and innovations. There is not one reason for unrest in the Muslim world, there are MANY reasons, and the war in Iraq, the colonization of Palestine by the Zionists, the overthrow of Mossadegh in 1952, and the fight to control Middle Eastern oil by US and British companies are just a few of these reasons.

There has not been any sort of global jihad going on since 622, as this thing suggests.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 10:02:08 PM »
The video fails to mention that Islam started in 622, and after nearly 1400 years has not come close to conquering the world. It is also a stagnant culture with regard to inventions and innovations. There is not one reason for unrest in the Muslim world, there are MANY reasons, and the war in Iraq, the colonization of Palestine by the Zionists, the overthrow of Mossadegh in 1952, and the fight to control Middle Eastern oil by US and British companies are just a few of these reasons.

There has not been any sort of global jihad going on since 622, as this thing suggests.

How many Empires ever got bigger than the Caphilate?

What was the event that made them give up on the idea?

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 10:43:02 PM »

How about the theme that Islam is a complete system? It is rightious to them to take over.

Them who?

Don't forget that there is a struggle within Islam

Why are you telling me not to forget?

I don't know why you keep trying to inject other unknown groups into the French riots , the demographic fact is that most of the people availible to the riots are French Muslims the French Chineese are to few to deserve the bandwidth in this discussion.

I don't recall mentioning the French Chinese. I believe in relation to the French youth riots, I mentioned some other faiths. The mention of the Chinese in my previous post was an allusion to the Yellow Peril. And I was being sarcastic. I thought that much was obvious, but apparently such was not the case.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 12:38:48 AM »

How about the theme that Islam is a complete system? It is rightious to them to take over.

Them who?

Don't forget that there is a struggle within Islam

Why are you telling me not to forget?

I don't know why you keep trying to inject other unknown groups into the French riots , the demographic fact is that most of the people availible to the riots are French Muslims the French Chineese are to few to deserve the bandwidth in this discussion.

I don't recall mentioning the French Chinese. I believe in relation to the French youth riots, I mentioned some other faiths. The mention of the Chinese in my previous post was an allusion to the Yellow Peril. And I was being sarcastic. I thought that much was obvious, but apparently such was not the case.

The demographic fact is that almost all of those availible to riot are Muslim .

"There has not been any sort of global jihad going on since 622, as this thing suggests.
Yes there has.
It has ebbed , but it has never quit ,the scripture involved hasn't changed and the Wahabbi want the ebb to change to  a flow.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 07:52:53 AM »

In population, many. In expanse, the Russians and the Brits easily beat them out.
==================================================

There was no such event. What happened was that it was too large an area to manage from one place, and when the central authority tried to do so, the strongmen of several local areas simply renounced the authority. Being as God was seen as the ultimate authority, and seemingly permitted this, the various splits were all chalked up to kismet (fate) and that was that. God, by not acting, had spoken.

It is a delusion that the Caliphate was ever even half as unified as, say, the Roman Empire.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 08:05:08 AM »
"There has not been any sort of global jihad going on since 622, as this thing suggests.
Yes there has.
It has ebbed , but it has never quit ,the scripture involved hasn't changed and the Wahabbi want the ebb to change to  a flow.
==============================================
So effing what?

It won't change.

What we are seeing now is something like the Spanish in the 1500's exhausting their considerable resources to spread the Holy Mother Church all over the place. They beat the crap out of the Turks at Lepanto, but their technical incompetence and bad luck, in the form of weather in the Irish Sea, defeated the Armada in 1588.

They did not defeat Ottomani Islam, though they did prevent it from claiming the Mediterranean. Their aid to Catholics in Flanders and Germany failed miserably.

When you say Wahabbis, you mean Saudis, and notably the devout ones with money, since other Saudis do not count because the Kingdom doesn't allow them to count. That is very, very few people.

What should happen is an immediate and definitive change from petroleum-based energy to other sources. We could start by allowing the unrestricted and untaxed flow of Brazilian alcohol into the US. Guess who opposes that? Brazilians are a mild people who would never attempt to foist their religious views (which are varied and divergent) on even one another.

To sum up, what we are seeing is not resurgent Islam. We are seeing the twitches of a backward and fanatical system in its last attempts to stay alive.

Never underestimate the Flesh Pits of Babylon. They did managed to swallow up ten of the twelve tribes. Unless, you believe with the Mormons say, of course. But then again, the Injuns swallowed them up.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 12:09:03 PM »

I repeat: Them who?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »

I repeat: Them who?
================================================
I assume that this means that since they believe themselves to have all the proper answers to how one should live, it is their moral obligation for  them: meaning the aforementioned Muslims)  to take over from those that obviously do not have the proper answers.

How is this not obvious?
===========================

I am going to disagree that Muslims have a sufficient quantity of proper answers that would improve European or American societies to any degree, and many that would be quite disadvantageous.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 06:40:46 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »
It is a delusion that the Caliphate was ever even half as unified as, say, the Roman Empire.

Why does it matter that they were not unified?

What they did to Spain was not as nasty as what they did to India , but I don't want to see more of either.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 06:57:22 PM »

What they did to Spain was not as nasty as what they did to India , but I don't want to see more of either.

=======================================================
Spanish were Christians: fellow believers in one God, so they believe at least half of what Muslims believe, to wit "There is no God but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet". They were to be invited to become Muslims, but were permitted to continue being Christians as were Jews.

Indians were polytheists, and Muhammad sad they should be eliminated or converted.

The Caliphate was a united empire mostly in name alone.

When Spain was conquered in 711-714 the conquering Muslim general (Taric el tuerto, or Tarik the one-eyed, aka Tariq ibn Ziyad, an Algerian Berber was first named  governor of Hispania (Al Andalus) but later was ordered back to Damascus by Umayyad Caliph Al-Walid I and was never heard from again.

His name lives on in the name Gibraltar: Jebel-Al-Tarik, formerly known as the Pillars of Hercules. It was on his invasion route from Morocco northward.

Future governors thought twice before returning to the capital. This was after the original Caliphate had already split into several pieces.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 08:26:32 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 06:31:06 PM »

The have been many Empires larger than the Caliphate and far better and more centrally organized.

The Caliphate declined mostly from internal rifts as well as the triumphs of Genghis and Kublai Khan. The Ottoman Empire was nothing like the Caliphate.

The comparison of modern Islam to the Caliphate has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever heard.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
"So your solution is what?"

Before I answer I would like to also ask you the same question?
JS what is your solution? And please dont say "send them Barbie dolls".

But to your question.
I dont pretend to have the "magic potion" end all solution
It's far more complicated than that.
I do think recognizing the threat is a beginning
Then I suppose this is a start:
(although I dont agree with it 100%...it's a start)

Islam: What Can be Done?

What can we do about Islam and the threat that it poses to Western values?

Our least favorite question is, unfortunately, one that we see quite a bit.  Readers who understand Islamic history and teaching, and thus realize the danger that is posed to our future naturally want to know what can be done to prevent this from happening.

Our conclusions are that educating oneself, educating others, and speaking truthfully about "the Religion of Peace" is the best start.  Islam is it's own worst enemy in that the more that is known about it, the less attractive it becomes... to everyone.

Islam spreads like a virus.  It radiates from Muslim countries that are too diseased to support it and into healthy systems that are that way because they have had the luxury of developing apart from Islam.  Once in the host system, the Islam virus uses the existing machinery to make replicas of itself.  Over time, the host makes unilateral concessions to the religion, feeding and appeasing it in the vain hope that it can be pacified.

Vital organs are co-opted and eventually shut down as Islam advances.  In a matter of time, the entire system groans to an agonizing death and assumes the condition of the diseased nations from which Muslims originally fled.  The virus then looks for new hosts to cannibalize.

Some Westerners, particularly those with children (and an investment in the future), are far-sighted enough to see where current trends eventually lead.  Though many Muslims are decent people, the religion itself always has a way of bringing the radicals along with it.  The radicals then infest and influence the mainstream, and the rest of society pays the cost.

A question that we often hear is, "What can we do about it"?

First, let's go over what shouldn't be done about it.

1)   Do NOT hurt Muslims.  Westerners generally don't have a problem with this anyway, and have shown remarkable restraint in the wake of horrendous terror attacks.  Bottom line: You don't know any terrorists.  The Muslims that you know in your private life are not terrorists.  Don't harm them or protect anyone who does.

2)   Do NOT harass Muslims.  The Muslims that you know personally are probably not much different than you are.  They have the same concerns for their children?s future and the same interests in getting ahead in life.  They do not deserve to be harassed on account of a religion that they probably either don't understand all that well or may not even believe too sincerely anyway.

3)   Do NOT vandalize the property of Muslims.  (Same reasons.  Grow up.)

4)   Do NOT desecrate the Qur'an (such as using a piece of bacon as a bookmark).  It doesn't accomplish anything other than to give radicals another reason to play the victim, get angry and, perhaps, hurt someone.  It?s also juvenile and offensive.  Treat the Qur'an the way that you would prefer Muslims treat whatever book that you consider sacred.

If you want to confront Islam, then you must be truthful and objective, rather than rude and slanderous.  Don't exaggerate or use absolutes.  Don't pretend that all Muslims are bad people, or that everything about Islam is bad.

The key to stopping Islam is education, because the more that is known about this 7th century religion, then the less appeal it has in today's world.  Muslim defenders know this, which is why they hide behind censorship and book banning in the Islamic world and desperate but comical appeals to political correctness and multiculturalism in the West.  Muslim organizations, such as CAIR, often use outright falsehood to deceive others.

Non-Muslim Westerners should understand that there is no reason to place Islam above criticism, or Muslims above offense merely on that basis.  In fact, there is every reason not to do this.  Islamic law poses a threat to nearly every liberal value that the West holds dear.

Learn as much as you can about why Islam is dangerous.  Understand its history.  Learn how thousands of people can do brutal things each year explicitly in the name of Islam and Allah, while a billion others never seem to be terribly bothered about it.

In short, educate yourself.  Then you can educate others.  And they can educate others as well. 

Write to political leaders.  Inform them.  Make them accountable for each compromised standard and every freedom lost in the name of appeasement to Islam.  Expose the lies and double-standards.  Denounce the hypocrisy of Muslim nations.

Speak truthfully.  Speak tactfully.

If Islam wins, then civilization loses.  But at least we will have gone down swinging

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/WhatToDo.htm

1. You never answered my question. You only asked me a question and posted this. Please try again.

2. Isn't it startling to you that someone has made up rules that involve telling people to not harm there Muslim neighbors?!?

Learn as much as you can about why Islam is dangerous.

Interesting.

Why not simply say, "Learn about Islam" and leave it at that? Why the specific direction?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 07:26:27 PM »
1. You never answered my question. You only asked me a question and posted this. Please try again.

I did answer your question, because you dont like the answer does not equate to I didnt answer it.

Isn't it startling to you that someone has made up rules that involve telling people to not harm there Muslim neighbors?!?

No I don't find that startling at all.

Learn as much as you can about why Islam is dangerous.
Interesting.

Yes, very.

Why not simply say, "Learn about Islam" and leave it at that? Why the specific direction

Obviously the author thinks Islam has very dangerous facets to it
But I agree, one doesnt really need direction to understand that.
Unless one lives in a cave or doesn't read newspapers how could anyone not be
aware radical islam's terror is a major problem all over the world.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »

=======================================================
Spanish were Christians: fellow believers in one God, so they believe at least half of what Muslims believe, to wit "There is no God but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet". They were to be invited to become Muslims, but were permitted to continue being Christians as were Jews.

Indians were polytheists, and Muhammad sad they should be eliminated or converted.

The Caliphate was a united empire mostly in name alone.

When Spain was conquered in 711-714 the conquering Muslim general (Taric el tuerto, or Tarik the one-eyed, aka Tariq ibn Ziyad, an Algerian Berber was first named  governor of Hispania (Al Andalus) but later was ordered back to Damascus by Umayyad Caliph Al-Walid I and was never heard from again.

His name lives on in the name Gibraltar: Jebel-Al-Tarik, formerly known as the Pillars of Hercules. It was on his invasion route from Morocco northward.

Future governors thought twice before returning to the capital. This was after the original Caliphate had already split into several pieces.

I applaud the effort XO and your history of Islam is very good. Yet, one wonders if it falls onto ears that do not care to hear anything of reality.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 12:18:29 PM »
CU4,

Your response is typical of someone who won't answer a direct question.

I did answer your question, because you dont like the answer does not equate to I didnt answer it.

There's no answer for me to dislike. You post an answer and then we'll see if I like it or not.

Isn't it startling to you that someone has made up rules that involve telling people to not harm there Muslim neighbors?!?

No I don't find that startling at all.

No, I suppose you wouldn't. I'm sure Muslims are the "enemy among us" and other stupid shit to you.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster