Author Topic: Here is a Bush blooper that wasnt so well reported  (Read 2590 times)

Mucho

Here is a Bush blooper that wasnt so well reported
« on: November 01, 2006, 02:03:14 AM »
Bush Believes the Country Is Less Safe...
... With Him In Charge!
by Steve Young

Oct. 31, 2006 -- Hollywood (americanpolitics.com) -- President Bush and his comrades spread over the country to tell the conservative base that Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri were working to elect a Democratic Senate and House -- the day's most shocking news since we were told that the insurgency was in its last throes!

But topping that is the message to the world that our own President doesn't think he's up to the job of winning against the terrorists.

Where did that little revelation come from?

Harry Reid? The Dixie Chicks? Al Franken? Someone funded by George Soros? The Secular Progressives (SPs)â„¢?

Nope. Not even Wolf Blitzer.

It comes direct not only from the horse's mouth -- but from the horse's own barn.

In an interview with Sean Hannity (how the hell did he get access to POTUS?) on the Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes," President Bush was asked whether the United States will be hit by another terrorist attack.

Did the President say that if we stay the courseâ„¢ in Iraq that wouldn't happen?

Did he say "only if the Democrats were elected?"

Did he say that "only if Nancy Pelosi had to measure her new office for drapes?"

Nupe.

What he said was,

"I think so, and we've got to do everything we can to stop them."

Wha...?

Did you get that?

Our leader, who has sent thousands to their death so that we don't have to fight them over hereâ„¢, said he thinks that in spite of all the blood spilled to further his catchphrases, it will not keep them from fighting over here.

Sure he said "we've got to do everything we can to stop them." But he also said, IN THE SAME SENTENCE, that despite doing "everything we can to stop them," he thinks they will still be successful in attacking us over here.

Defenders of every misstep and misstatement by this president will be quick to say that the Bush meant "unless" we do something to stop them. Please. The man has told us hundreds of times that he is doing everything he can to defend us against another attack. Why would he say "I think so," unless he believes it?

Call my dissemination an overworking of the sentence's substance, but there's no question that, according to the President, the whole thing about fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here can now be buried alongside "stay the courseâ„¢." All which knocks a hole in the President's argument for a rubberstamp House and Senate as large as left by Tony's Snow's defense of Dick Cheney "dunk in the water" comments.

Oh, there will probably a clarification from Snow today but no matter how they try to spin this, the President thinks his "everything" won't be enough. And if the president doesn't believe in his own ability to protects us, why should we?

And as my friend, Mr. Hannity is fond of saying...

"Why isn't the mainstream press reporting that?â„¢"

Steve Young is a Senior Fellow at the Extreme Far Centrist Foundation' Political Husbandry Conservation Centre and Stereo Repair. In his spare time, he is also an author, comedy writer, columnist, LA talk show host and author of "Great Failures of the Extremely Successful."(What? You STILL haven't bought it? Then visit http://www.greatfailure.com/) and the new "15 Minutes". You can also check out the satirical side of Steve every Sunday in the LA Daily News.

http://americanpolitics.com/20061031Young.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here is a Bush blooper that wasnt so well reported
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 03:30:48 AM »
"Call my dissemination an overworking of the sentence's substance,..."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

No kidding.

One thing that makes the president so hard to understand is his honesty anhd plainspokeness.

When asked a simple question he is prone to give a simple plain and honest answer , which is the surest way to confound someone who can't beleive honesty.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:02:22 AM »
Oh dear, Plane.

You really drank deep of the Kool-Aid.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Mucho

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 01:27:22 PM »
"Call my dissemination an overworking of the sentence's substance,..."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

No kidding.

One thing that makes the president so hard to understand is his honesty anhd plainspokeness.

When asked a simple question he is prone to give a simple plain and honest answer , which is the surest way to confound someone who can't beleive honesty.

I suppose it is expected that an intelligent person  who thinks in such a convoluted way as you would admire a plain speaking dolt like the Prez..

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:40:35 PM »
Hey Knute,

Are you enjoying being allowed to post in here?

My suggestion is that you stick to the issues and leave the insults to those more subtle and have a better grasp of where the line is.

I realize that would mean you would actually have to debate, provide facts and generally flesh out your opinions, but when you think about it, that is really what this place is for.

There are myriad other forums where those less eloquent  can reign supreme and are far more appreciated.

Sincerely,

The Bad Cop

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 02:19:14 PM »
There are many, many words that describe what Juniorbush's style is, but "honesty" is not one of them.

He obviously says what he is told to say at all times. He is told to mispronounce words like "noo-cue-ler", so as to gain a degree of empathy for the dolts and clods who have been lampooned for sounding like morons (as in Cletus on the Simpsons) for all their lives.

There is nothing honest about anything this clown ever says. He is a 100% oily synthetic crude Texan, refined only in the way that Texas crude oil is refined.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Mucho

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »
Hey Knute,

Are you enjoying being allowed to post in here?

My suggestion is that you stick to the issues and leave the insults to those more subtle and have a better grasp of where the line is.

I realize that would mean you would actually have to debate, provide facts and generally flesh out your opinions, but when you think about it, that is really what this place is for.

There are myriad other forums where those less eloquent  can reign supreme and are far more appreciated.

Sincerely,

The Bad Cop

I am duly chastised. You can be sure I will never call anyone intelligent or nuanced again.

domer

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 03:11:41 PM »
Regardless of Knute's value as a contributor, this topic (and this thread) have no place on an intelligent debate board. (From this, you may deduce what I think of the Kerry flap, too.)