Author Topic: President George Bush Kicking A$$  (Read 88079 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: President George Bush Kicking A$$
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 05:44:46 PM »
The death rattle of the Lame Duck is heard in the land.

Sucking up to Israel with his final quacks.

Suuuuure. Al Qaeda = Hitler. Suuuuure.

Why hasn't this loser caught Bin Laden?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:48:51 PM »
Wow...the appeasement argument again... (that was sarcasm)

So he runs to Israel, possibly a nation where his approval is higher than here in the states, and makes one of the time-honored fallacy arguments of the day.

And this is impressive...why? You could do an Internet search and find the "appeasement argument" + Hitler repeated ad infinitum. People have used that and dropped Neville Chamberlain's name to make excuses for bad policy since 1938. The fact that W pulled in a Senator doesn't make it anything new or special.

The fact that he had to go to a practicing apartheid country to rally nationalism is what really amazes me. It is noteworthy who eats this up with a spoon.

I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 07:37:11 PM »
And ironically, it always amazes me how to a large chunk of our left leaning brethren, Bush gets absolutely zip credit for anything.  Nada, zip, squat.  To those folks, Bush is one big negative zit, needing to be squeezed
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »
Some of us believe his negatives outweigh his positives.

Get used to it.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 09:32:18 PM »
Not what I'm referring to, H.  I happen to see alot of negatives as well.  I'm referring to those who can't see even a shred of positive.  Not 1 example, despite countless possibilities.  Just a boil to life's existance, taking up oxygen that could have gone to much greater good
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 10:06:31 PM »
And ironically, it always amazes me how to a large chunk of our left leaning brethren, Bush gets absolutely zip credit for anything.  Nada, zip, squat.  To those folks, Bush is one big negative zit, needing to be squeezed.

Not what I'm referring to, H.  I happen to see alot of negatives as well.  I'm referring to those who can't see even a shred of positive.  Not 1 example, despite countless possibilities.  Just a boil to life's existance, taking up oxygen that could have gone to much greater good.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Juniorbush seems to have been a good father to his daughters. That is easiest when one is the heir to a major fortune, but still, he hasn't shot any of his hirelings point-blank in the chest, as John DuPont did a while back. He has a nicer disposition than Leona Helmsley, and better hair than Donald Trump.

Of course, by his being governor of Texas and president for eight years, it means that some 7-11 in Odessa Texas has lacked a really good manager. That was really his calling, I think, and where he was headed had he not been born with the surname Bush.

So see, we can be positive about him too.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 11:19:36 PM »
Not what I'm referring to, H.

Sure it is.

Kinda the way some folks remember Bubba for getting his pecker puffed but forget what he did with the national debt. Hell, even I couldn't stand the sumbitch, but I liked where he left this country financially much better than where his successor is leaving it.

I'm thinking of a soldier who fought for his country in one war, then managed to become leader of that country, whose rhetoric inspired millions, who dragged his country out of a depression - then led them into the madness of another war. Guess who he is, and which of those he's most remembered for.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 11:44:08 PM »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 11:51:14 PM »

I'm thinking of a soldier who fought for his country in one war, then managed to become leader of that country, whose rhetoric inspired millions, who dragged his country out of a depression - then led them into the madness of another war. Guess who he is, and which of those he's most remembered for.

That is an oft repeated tale , Julius Ceaser? Napolion? Abe Lincon? George Washington? Adolph Hitler? Charles DeGaulle? John Kennedy?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 01:26:25 AM »

Sure it is.

Ahhh, now H can read minds.  Can't be what I said, it has to be what H deems I meant to say.  Were you employed by that Miss Chloey character, H?  The one who supposedly could read minds and devine the future.......for whatever amount the call was charged of course

Kinda the way some folks remember Bubba for getting his pecker puffed but forget what he did with the national debt.

Oh you mean, what the GOP led congress did with the national debt, bringing Bubba long kicking & screaming

Hell, even I couldn't stand the sumbitch, but I liked where he left this country financially much better than where his successor is leaving it.

To each his own.  I'm thankful that the country is safer under this President than the previous one, and that there were tax cuts for everyone that payed taxes that helped spur an economy, that 911 was piledriving into a recession, that only now is sputtering some

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:28:22 AM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »
Of course, the Germans had a reason for invading Poland. The people of Danzig were illegally subjugated to Polish Government suppression. Moreover, the Polish corridor was being misused   by the Polish Government for their own economic gains and causing serious border and customs control problems for Germany. Last, but not least, German intelligence indicated that her citizens in East Prussia were being harmed and mistreated when in Polish territory by the Polish police and not being protected when attacked and harassed by Polish citizens - this includes ethnic Germans living in cities along the Polish corridor (i.e. within the country of Poland).

So, if this is the best intelligence Hitler had to go on - why was he wrong to invade Poland?

I'll add the fact that the Jewish people of Poland lined the streets and cheered the Nazi invasion as that is how bad Polish antisemitism was at that time.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »

sirs: "Bush gets absolutely zip credit for anything"

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »
To each his own.

And that's the point, which you seem to have  missed. Where you're "thankful that the country is safer under this President than the previous one, and that there were tax cuts for everyone that payed taxes that helped spur an economy, that 911 was piledriving into a recession, that only now is sputtering some...", I see things very differently, as, I'm sure, quite a few others do. What, pray tell, should we give the silly bastid credit for? I don't see where he has made us any safer: instead, I see where his policies have exposed us to the threat of more terrorism, wasting American lives, money and credibility in the process. I see his tax cuts with the increases in military spending for his lovely little war driving the recession, and the economy is not only now sputtering some. It's been beyond sputtering some for a while now. So what should we give him credit for? The pluses you enumerated are simply negatives to many, and those in addition to the negatives you yourself keep claiming you feel about the putz.