Author Topic: Concertgoer Throws Drink at Streisand  (Read 7265 times)

The_Professor

Re: Concertgoer Throws Drink at Streisand
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 11:41:09 AM »
I also think it is improper for the fan to have done this.

If you do not like the political stand of an entertainer, etc., there are better ways to express this than this action. For exmapl,e simply do not purchase their product.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 12:12:45 PM »
This is easily explained.

Democrats feel resentment twards Republicans because they have more money.

Republicans do not envy Democrats who have more money.

If you are the Envious type , you will want to join the Democrats.

Meaningless generalization.

Besides, you should have read some of the nastiness directed at George Soros by Republicans.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 12:26:43 PM »
Besides, you should have read some of the nastiness directed at George Soros by Republicans

I think the nastiness was generated more by how he used his money than how much he had.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 12:43:58 PM »
If you do not like the political stand of an entertainer, etc., there are better ways to express this than this action. For exmapl,e simply do not purchase their product.

Precisely.  As another person I heard, say it so articulately.  Babs, and any other Hollywood elitist, has every right to say anything they want.  I have every right not to buy their entertainment product or attend their movie.  And it'd be complete hypocrisy on their part to complain of the latter, when I've conceded the former.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 12:53:35 PM »
Babs, and any other Hollywood elitist, has every right to say anything they want.  I have every right not to buy their entertainment product or attend their movie.  And it'd be complete hypocrisy on their part to complain of the latter, when I've conceded the former.

Well, to play Devil's advocate, I heard one guy involved with a previous similar episode say "I paid to listen to her sing, not to hear her stump for politicians."
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 01:21:07 PM »
Maybe Coulter will be willing to agree to some kind of pie fighting once she does her five years for voter fraud.

http://www.brassmask.com/comment.php?comment.news.152

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »
Well, to play Devil's advocate, I heard one guy involved with a previous similar episode say "I paid to listen to her sing, not to hear her stump for politicians."

Well, the problem then becomes when the entertainer attempts to mix the 2.  It's 1 thing when you're a comedian and you're making stabs at both parties, ala Leno.  it's another thing when you sing or act, but have decided to be an overt political partisan at the same time.  In those cases, I again reference my prior quote, and apply my right not to buy the entertainment portion of the entertainer
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 01:57:27 PM »
Nobody's forcing you to go see Barbara Streisand.

She's partisan and a private citizen and doesn't have to appease you in any way.  Remember the Dixie Chicks?  Maybe you should organize hate mail and convince concert halls to deny Streisand venues to spread her "propaganda".  I mean, its still a free country, right?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 02:03:43 PM »
Nobody's forcing you to go see Barbara Streisand.  She's partisan and a private citizen and doesn't have to appease you in any way.  Remember the Dixie Chicks?  Maybe you should organize hate mail and convince concert halls to deny Streisand venues to spread her "propaganda".  I mean, its still a free country, right?

Who said anyone was forcing anyone to watch or listen to anything??  Are you purposely not paying attention, Brass?  Did you miss the part where she (& the Dixie Chicks & Danny Glover & Harry Belafonte & Alec Baldwin, etc., etc., etc.)  have the absolute right to spew anything they want??

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 02:33:50 PM »
Whatever.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 02:48:43 PM »
Whatever.

When you go to see Barbra Strisand you ought to expect to see her say something negative , is is pretty well known for it.

Are there equivelent examples of entertainers who wouold say something positive about Bush ?

Lee Greenwood , Garth Brooks?