Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica in the homestretch  (Read 2160 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Battlestar Galactica in the homestretch
« on: June 17, 2008, 04:38:26 PM »
Before I talk about the half-season finale, does anyone out there watch the new Battlestar Galactica?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Battlestar Galactica in the homestretch
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »
ME..ME...ME...ME        ;D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »
A couple of Questions though......
- regarding the final 5, were they switched out with the human counterparts??  I mean how do you replace a Colonel Saul with a cylon duplicate?  These human Cylons are copies of each other.  Or are the final 5 a different "model", that actually ages, and was literally born as a child?

- Is Starbuck a cylon?  She has to be.  Her ship blew up....she was gone for months and returns as if it was a few hours later.  There is no other explaination 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »
I think they all age,but they download into new bodies before it shows.
I was thinking maybe the 5 are implanted personalities so they don`t have cloned bodies.
but one episode showed one of them with superhuman strength.
so that theory is out (maybe)
I don`t know why but i find the civil war creepy and cool

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 11:09:07 PM »
Okay, I've seen a few negative reviews of the half-season finale (I dislike calling it a finale since it's just the halfway mark of the season) but I thought the episode was outstanding. And that ending, that jaw-dropping ending, I so did not see that coming. I knew they were not just going to find Earth and end on a happy note, but damn. I have to say Battlestar Galactica is possibly my favorite sci-fi show all time.

Anyway, we still do not know who the last of the final five Cylons is. Or where the last one is either. The D'Anna said the last one was not in the fleet. So where is he/she/it? Rumors are rampant. Mostly centering on people who have died in the show. Some folks speculate it might be the long dead Adama son Zack. I'm guess it is someone we've seen before, but maybe not for a while. Who that would be, I don't know. I expect it to be a shocker, but I also trust Ron Moore and pals not to pull a deus ex machina on us.

To address Sirs' question, I think the idea is that the final five are significantly different from the other seven. They were hidden with a reason. I feel safe in saying that because the other seven models were not supposed to think about them, according to the model played by Dean Stockwell. So I think if we could answer the question of why they were hidden, we might have a clue as to who the last of the final five is. The repeated line "all of this has happened before and will happen again" speaks to a hidden entity manipulating results. Running a program or experiment repeatedly to see what the results will be. Exactly what that means for our band of humanity trying to survive, I have no idea.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--