Author Topic: Took him long enough.  (Read 6595 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Took him long enough.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 04:53:25 PM »
What are yours, Brass' and Tee's stances & positions with Rev Wright, Ayers, & Phleger?  Do you support and agree with their consistent Anti-american, anti-white commentary & actions?  Or are they out to lunch, in varying degrees?

I'm sorry.  I missed this initial post of demands that questions be answered from someone who doesn't really want answers, just to make the opposition jump through hoops and then denigrate that hoop-jumping but I'll play the game this time.

Me too.  Care to point that one out

First, you are going to have to provide the quotes that you are asking me if I agree with.

I'm not talking about specific soundbites.  I made it clear in the original question, do you support their rhetorical positions, as it relates to White America?  Do you support their positions as it relates to how they view America, both past and present.  Ayers still wishes he could have caused more destruction with his bombings.  I provide you a quote, and you'll just try to decipher it word by word until we're down to what the meaning of is, is.  Not going to play that game.  Xo has taken a pass, understandibly so, ball in your court now.

I can say if you're asking me if I felt that 9.11 was "America's chickens coming home to roost" then I would have to say the answer is yes.

Ahh, then Obama doesn't support your position either.  Well, at least we have a better grasp of how far left you are.  Right up their with Wright
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 06:29:18 PM »
Pfleger's comments were largely inane. He was making a big deal about something he has no real information about, namely what was going on in Hillary's mind. He was doing this in church, which was also not a proper venue, since this was not a theological or even a moral issue.

Wright was of course, dead wrong about how evil White men invented AIDS to do in Black people, which is incorrect because they are not smart enough to invent a disease, and if they were, it would be one that did not infect White people.

Much of the rest of what Wright said was simply rhetoric and posturing and unpleasant to watch and hear for me. By and large, it is indisputable that Black people as a group have gotten a bad deal in the US just for their being Black. Other people also have been shoved around, but for being poor and powerless.

I would not attend Wright's church because I find his sort of sermons (and I have heard a lot worse than his) to be annoying and unproductive, like rap music. But I can see how it might not be annoying to everyone. I would not presume to tell anyone where he should or should not go to church.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »
Wow, Xo showing his occasional side of rationality.  Well done
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 07:38:51 PM »
Ahh, then Obama doesn't support your position either.  Well, at least we have a better grasp of how far left you are.  Right up their with Wright

So, were Robertson and Falwell far left when they said that Americans had to accept culpability in 9.11?   ???

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »
 ???  want to provide their quotes in context, so we can see how radical and unsupportive their positions are in comparison to Wright's??  Please, by all means

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 07:58:49 PM »
???  want to provide their quotes in context, so we can see how radical and unsupportive their positions are in comparison to Wright's??  Please, by all means

Sure no problem.

http://www.commondreams.org/news2001/0917-03.htm]
[url]http://www.commondreams.org/news2001/0917-03.htm[/url][/url]
WASHINGTON - September 17
JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.

Reverend's Wright's comments follow of sorts...

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

In addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Rev. Wright said in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001.

"We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 08:03:11 PM »
Excellent, so both are being hyperbolic.  Nice to see how you support your loon while Obama does everything he can to distance himself from him

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 08:06:28 PM »
Excellent, so both are being hyperbolic.  Nice to see how you support your loon while Obama does everything he can to distance himself from him

I'm not defending Wright, I'm showing how you are a hypocrit.

Unless you want to go ahead and decry Falwell and Robertson at this time.

fatman

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 08:13:10 PM »
All three of them are @$$holes.  'nuff said.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

Word!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 08:21:39 PM »

I'm not defending Wright, I'm showing how you are a hypocrit.  

Yes, you are defending him.  You are supportive of his commentary about chickens coming home to roost.  You think he's right about america inventing AIDS to kill the black man as well?

Unless you want to go ahead and decry Falwell and Robertson at this time.

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN BRASS??  I've decryed them for years.  Good gravy, is your wilful ignorance of anyone who's not a toe-tagged liberal, that dense??  I realize to you I HAVE to be some sort of Bush worshipper, but if you EVER actually took some time to read my stances and positions, you'll find that while I defend his actions he's rightfully taken against Iraq and militant Islam, given the intel he had at the time, his Domestic policies, and Democrat-like support of any and everything big government would demonstrate to anyone with an ounce of objectivity how NOT a worshipper I am.  Far from it.  But apparently, unless someone is hyperbolic Bush Bashing liberal, decrying Bush 24/7, then they must be some Clinton-like Bush Kool-aide drinker

So BTW....how's that Obama kool-aide tasting?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »

And discussion of any of them is not at all germane to any discussion of the Obama/McCain presidential race.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 08:24:04 PM »
Wrong, but that woudn't be the 1st time, would it

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 08:40:05 PM »
Yes, you are defending him.  You are supportive of his commentary about chickens coming home to roost.  You think he's right about america inventing AIDS to kill the black man as well?

I don't support his commentary, I was of that opinion (and so are many, many more Americans) that Americas chickens were coming home to roost LONG before I fucking heard of Reverend Wright, Barack Obama or you, SIRS.  If you believe the story that ObL was behind 9.11 then it makes perfect sense that the reason he did it was to let America know he (and many, many Middle Easterners) were sick and tired of America's imperialist attitudes and intrusions in their affairs and stationing on Arabian soil.

We totally support Israel in any and every retarded action they take.  And so, by doing that, we sent our chickens out.  9.11 was the Middle East's way of sending our chickens home to roost.

So BTW....how's that Obama kool-aide tasting?

It's totally sweet over here, sirs.  How's that Bush kool-aid holding up after 8 years of it being poisoned while you're looking the other way?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 08:42:40 PM »
Wrong, but that woudn't be the 1st time, would it

So, you would be content to talk about Wright and Hagee all summer long? 

Or would you rather put all the bullshit aside and talk about issues?  Look for this to be the last thread where I talk about any pulpit riders.