Author Topic: Took him long enough.  (Read 6598 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Took him long enough.
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 02:03:51 AM »
Yes, you are defending him.  You are supportive of his commentary about chickens coming home to roost.  You think he's right about america inventing AIDS to kill the black man as well?

I don't support his commentary, I was of that opinion (and so are many, many more Americans) that Americas chickens were coming home to roost LONG before I fucking heard of Reverend Wright, Barack Obama or you, SIRS. 

And being that is his commentary, obviously you support it, while your messiah rightly distanced himself as soon as it was politically expedient.  Funny how I still have yet to hear if you agree with him, or not on the AIDS allegation.

Wrong, but that woudn't be the 1st time, would it

So, you would be content to talk about Wright and Hagee all summer long?  

You want to show us McCain embracing Hagee as his spiritual advisor?  His mentor??  Please, by all means, pull out the desperation card and show us how comparable it is to Wright and Obama's 20year ride with the racist preacher

Or would you rather put all the bullshit aside and talk about issues?  Look for this to be the last thread where I talk about any pulpit riders.

Judgement is a primary issue for me, as it relates to who would want to be our President.  Your fella is failaing misberably in that dept.  And trying to pull out liberal agenda item after liberal agenda item isn't going to give him any brownie points either.  I think too many people can still remember the Carter Years, rabid inflation, gas rationing, Misery Index, etc
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 04:32:31 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »
I think too many people can still remember the Carter Years, rabid inflation, gas rationing, Misery Index, etc

How about the Bush years of endless war, foreclosures, $4.00 a gallon gasoline, Lying ratbastards in the White House?

Carter was 22 years ago, dude. Juniorbush anbd his ignorance, stubbornness and towering incompetence is NOW.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »
I think too many people can still remember the Carter Years, rabid inflation, gas rationing, Misery Index, etc

How about the Bush years of ...

Record employment #'s, Resurgence in Wall Street following 911, record tax revenues coming into the treasury, tax relief to everyone that payed income taxes, Credibility rehabilitation in the word of the U.S., etc.  Yea, I'll take those years over Carter's in a heartbeat.  But don't worry Xo.  If enough people forgot what it was like under Carter or are ignorant of his 1 stint as President, they can get a full refresher course under a President Obama, complete with severe foreign policy naivete and piss poor judgement

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2008, 12:50:59 PM »
I fail to see any reason why anyone should assume that Carter and Obama would have more in common than Clinton and Obama. Obama might include some Clinton people in his administration, but Carter people are all too old by now. Carter was president 22 years ago.

It will be amusing seeing you fret and stew for the next eight years of the Obama presidency as you regurgitate whatever vile goo Rush tells you to spew on a daily basis
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2008, 01:25:02 PM »
I fail to see any reason why anyone should assume that Carter and Obama would have more in common than Clinton and Obama.

Because A) Clinton had a tad more executive experience, and much more moderate in his policy positions.  B) Obama's agenda is much more liberal, and consistent with where Carter was, especially in his acute naivete & placating passivity regarding foreign policy.  Then add to that his goal of completely derailing our economy with Universal healthcare.  It'll be just like gas rationing lines under Carter, but coming out of the Healthcare centers instead.  Perhaps if your license plate ends with an even #, you can go to the ER on Mon, Wed, or Friday.  Odd #'s have to wait until Tues, Thursday, or the weekend 

It will be amusing seeing you fret and stew for the next eight years of the Obama presidency as you regurgitate whatever vile goo Rush tells you to spew on a daily basis

Like Carter, 4 was far and away enough for the populace to endure.  But hey, at least he's pledged to be as staunch a supporter of Israel, as we've ever been.  There is that.  and FYI, I think it's Rich as the only one around here that actually listens to Rush.  I realize this need you have to reinforce how wrong you consistently are, but some times I get a little sympathetic, and throw a bone to those drowning

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 03:42:03 PM »
Sirs, you're drawing all these comparisons between Barack Obama and people you don't like but I've yet to hear any good news about McCain.

Could you enlighten us?

Also, of course, I don't believe white men invented AIDS to kill black people.  I would be open to  information that white men found AIDS and used to try and kill gay men.

Sometimes, I try to offer some kind of peace offering with you guys who constantly seem to be out to win every discussion at any cost.  I'd usually say something like "sirs, I really respect you but..." 

I try to do that when I'm in a particularly good mood (as I am today following Obama's "win").  When I'm in said good mood, my mind is usually trying to maintain that mood and so it tries to find connections with anyone and everyone with ideas/positions/whatever that we can agree on.

I'm finding that really impossible to do with you today. 

fatman

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2008, 03:47:40 PM »
I would be open to  information that white men found AIDS and used to try and kill gay men.

I don't buy that Brass, I would think that anyone with reasonable intelligence would realize that AIDS would be transmitted to bisexuals (who tend to have sex with homosexuals) and enter into the straight population.  Also, if they're smart enough to "find" AIDS, they'd have to understand the basic mechanisms of transmission and mechanics, and realize that AIDS could also enter the straight society through blood transfusions.

The indifference to AIDS when it first came out and began to decimate the gay community is another argument entirely.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »
I would be open to  information that white men found AIDS and used to try and kill gay men.

I don't buy that Brass, I would think that anyone with reasonable intelligence would realize that AIDS would be transmitted to bisexuals (who tend to have sex with homosexuals) and enter into the straight population.  Also, if they're smart enough to "find" AIDS, they'd have to understand the basic mechanisms of transmission and mechanics, and realize that AIDS could also enter the straight society through blood transfusions.

The indifference to AIDS when it first came out and began to decimate the gay community is another argument entirely.

A gay-hating conservative whackjob who would introduce AIDS into the human populace might have no pity for anyone who was having sex with a bi-sexual who had homosexual relations.

This is theoretical and speculative here, fatman.  Trust me, I have no trouble imagining that someone would do such as thing but I really don't have any proof or reason to believe that someone did do that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2008, 04:05:21 PM »
Sirs, you're drawing all these comparisons between Barack Obama and people you don't like but I've yet to hear any good news about McCain.  Could you enlighten us?

Well, he's not as liberal as Hillary or Obama, so there's that.  Still wants to grow government, still probably supports "comprensive immigration reform", was lead in pushing the anti-1st amendment Incumbant Protection Act, otherwise known as Campaign Finance Reform.  I could go on, but at least it's not as egregious an expansion of government or a destruction of our economy as messers Hillary and Obama would take us.  As I've said previously, I'm no McCain fan.  Simply that he's the least destructive, and at least has an understanding of what National Security and U.S. Integrity is all about

Also, of course, I don't believe white men invented AIDS to kill black people.  I would be open to  information that white men found AIDS and used to try and kill gay men.

Not sure where you're going there, but in otherwords Rev Wright is out to lunch on that one as well then, correct?

Sometimes, I try to offer some kind of peace offering with you guys who constantly seem to be out to win every discussion at any cost.  I'd usually say something like "sirs, I really respect you but..."  

Oh yea, I see that alot....like calling me a hypocrit for stances about Falwell & Robertson I've never had.  What "peace offering" have you ever offered sirs??  Perhaps even a trace apology for acknowleding that perhaps you were wrong in your assumption about me and messers Falwell & Robertsion.  No, what I consistently see is constant & at times hyperbolic admonishment, for anyone daring to support Bush on any issue, especially with the war on terror and militant Islam.  And we wont even go into those who are supposedly "delusional"