Author Topic: Exemplifying The Conflict Within The GOP  (Read 4651 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Exemplifying The Conflict Within The GOP
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 10:05:04 AM »
Part of my problem is that I’m so fed up with the Left’s hatred of religious people and its abandonment of morality that it clouds the issue, and Wendi Thomas only adds to the haze.

This line caught my eye. It goes overboard in some ways but i do think some people involved in the gay marriage debate could give a damn about gay marriage and are using it is a platform to bash folks with deeply held religious beliefs. And that muddies the water and closes ears that otherwise might be willing to listen to alternative solutions.

BTW a lot of conservatives could live with the state getting out of the marriage business. I know Victor and Ami have both written about that. I could accept that solution though i truly believe the civil unions compromise is the best way to go about it.

I don't know if that is directed at me, per se, but I can tell you that is NOT why I support gays having equal rights and privileges under the law.

My goal is purely secular and it does seem that the religious are the only hurdle or blockade to that, so it may seem that I am only bashing the religious.  But if I am bashing them on this, it's because they're wrong and full of crap.

The_Professor

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 10:21:48 AM »
Plane: "What are you wondering?"

...sigh...

The_Professor

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 10:23:55 AM »
BrassmarK; "But if I am bashing them on this, it's because they're wrong and full of crap."

Interesting that the only time I get called "full of crap" is in here and by my "wicked witch" ex-wife. <insert cackle>

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 10:52:19 AM »
I don't know if that is directed at me,......

No it was directed at the argument.

BTW do you think a gay person could possibly be philosophically against "gay marriage" ?