Author Topic: Boortz  (Read 1397 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Boortz
« on: November 10, 2006, 01:21:51 AM »
COMMON GROUND WITH BUSH

A headline today says that President Bush is going to meet with Nancy Pelosi in search of common ground.  In search of common ground?  That shouldn't be too hard at all.  After all, they already have so much in common!  Let's take a look at just a few of their issues they have in common.

Illegal immigration.  The new Democrat-controlled House and Senate can't wait to pass Bush's amnesty program.  Every one of the 12 million illegal aliens in the United States along with 12 million more now in Mexico are getting ready to sign up.  Putting the Democrats in charge was the best thing that ever happened to Bush's illegal immigration agenda.

More government spending.  Through the first 6 years of his presidency, President Bush has proved time and time again that the solution to all of society's ills is more government spending.  In fact, he has spent so much money and expanded government so fast, his presidency is rivaled only by FDR's New Deal.

Raising the minimum wage.  No problem!  Bush has said in the past that he has no problem signing an increase in the minimum wage.  Here's my question though, why only raise it 1 or 2 dollars an hour?  How about making the minimum wage $20 an hour?  Surely that would be a living wage!  Oh...it would kill too many jobs?  Wait a minute...isn't that the argument for not raising it at all.  Liberals are so confused.
Nancy Pelosi will have so much in common in President Bush, she just doesn't know it yet.  The only thing she needs to work on is getting him to cut and run in Iraq.

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Boortz
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 02:25:31 AM »
THE DAY AFTER, November 8, 2006

A WELL-EARNED KICK IN THE GUT

The voters gave the Republicans a well-earned kick in the gut yesterday.  They have taken control of the House of Representatives by an overwhelming margin.  They needed 15 seats to get control.  They have won at least 28.  As of this morning the Senate is still in play.  At best the Republicans will have a one-seat margin in the Senate. 

When I got up at 4:00 this morning and started to look at results, I can honestly say that I was neither surprised nor disappointed.  I've been saying this for weeks ... and I'll say it again right now ... this may be the best possible outcome for the future of our Republic.

This is good news .. and bad news.  Good news because of the message it sends to Republicans.  Bad news because of the message it sends to Islamic jihadists who are dedicated to the destruction of our culture.

One thing is certain.  The Republicans worked very hard for this defeat.  They've earned every lost seat.  The Republican majority that was sent packing yesterday bore little resemblance to the Republican majority that rode to power 12 years ago.  In 1994 we were promised less government.  Over the next 12 years the Republicans more than doubled the size of the government.  We were promised control over runaway spending.  In the last six years discretionary spending has.....

http://boortz.com/nuze/200611/11082006.html

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 02:52:12 AM by Plane »