Author Topic: More of that boneheaded judgement on display  (Read 5439 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
More of that boneheaded judgement on display
« on: June 05, 2008, 02:27:11 PM »
....Obama's campaign announced the vetting of potential running mates was to be managed by a three-person team of one-time first daughter Caroline Kennedy, former Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder and Washington insider Jim Johnson.....

Full article on the VP hunt

That'd be the same Holder that helped facilitate the Marc Rich Pardon under Clinton, right?  I'm starting to lose count on all these remarkedly idiotic associations our fine friend Obama is maintaining

But I'm confident messers Tee & Brass will be able to rationalize away this one as well
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

fatman

Re: More of that boneheaded judgement on display
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »
Well, on the plus side he does have Caroline Kennedy, and that should be in keeping with his theme, which is nearly identical to Kennedy's in 1960.

I do notice though, that all of the same players behind the scenes tend to pop up all the time, in both parties.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:33:17 PM »
Actually, the only name I recognized was Caroline Kennedy and I thought she was an excellent choice.

Rich

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:47:52 PM »
What's so excellent about Caroline Kennedy. If fact, isn't she exactly what the left purports to despise? A rich white woman?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 03:09:33 PM »
<<What's so excellent about Caroline Kennedy. If fact, isn't she exactly what the left purports to despise? A rich white woman?>>

yeah, but with her heart in the right place and a direct link to the liberal icons, JFK and Uncle Bobby.   The closest America will ever come to royal lineage.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »
Precisely......American Elitism & Royalty on grand display, complimented by the egregious level of piss-poor judgement.  Remember, they know better than us fodder
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »
That'd be the same Holder that helped facilitate the Marc Rich Pardon under Clinton, right?  I'm starting to lose count on all these remarkedly idiotic associations our fine friend Obama is maintaining

But I'm confident messers Tee & Brass will be able to rationalize away this one as well

The end decision will be Barack Obama's and I have totoal confidence in him.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 03:27:07 PM »
LOL....priceless

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
Here's more reason to trust Barack Obama's judgement.

A) He's keeping Howard Dean as the chairman of the DNC.

B) He's changing DNC policy to refuse lobbyist money.

Obama aims to make openness an issue
By: Mike Allen
June 5, 2008 11:04 AM EST

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is moving on two fronts to make transparency a linchpin of his campaign, opening his fundraisers to reporters and clamping down on the Democratic National Committee?s fundraising from Washington insiders.

The moves, announced on his second full day as the party?s de facto presidential nominee, are designed to drive a campaign message of change versus more of the same, aides said.

His likely opponent, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), closes his fundraisers to the press. Beginning last night, Obama will open all of his fundraisers to at least a pool reporter, who will share the information with the rest of the press corps.

Beginning Thursday, the DNC will no longer accept checks from federal lobbyists or political action committees, mirroring the strict standard Obama adopted for his presidential campaign.

?This is an important step that shows Sen. Obama is willing to take tough steps to change the way Washington works,? said Dan Pfeiffer, the campaign?s deputy communications director.

The policy, which will not hurt fundraising appreciably, is not retroactive.

? 2008 Capitol News Company, LLC

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=58E2EE0E-3048-5C12-00FAF79E505CACC8

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 04:00:20 PM »
Isn't that what Pelosi & company pledged when they took over as majority?  Yea, that's worked out real well.  Gotta love the empty rhetoric, though.  Sorry Brass, that has nothing to do with judgement, just more typical political promising.

How's his friend Rezco doing, BTW?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:19:46 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 04:45:05 PM »
The closest America will ever come to royal lineage.

============================================
I hope Nancy Reagan didn't hear you say that...
Not Barbara Bush, either.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »
Isn't that what Pelosi & company pledged when they took over as majority?  Yea, that's worked out real well.  Gotta love the empty rhetoric, though.  Sorry Brass, that has nothing to do with judgement, just more typical political promising.

Here's the e-mail I just got from Howard Dean at the DNC...

The Democratic Party
-----------------------
As we move toward the general election, the Democratic Party has to be the Party of
ordinary Americans, not Washington lobbyists and special interests. So, as of this
morning, if you're a federal lobbyist, or if you control political action committee
donations, we won't be accepting your donations.

http://www.democrats.org/nonlobbyists

Dear Bryan,

I wanted to drop you a quick note about a major policy change here at the Democratic
Party.

As we move toward the general election, the Democratic Party has to be the Party of
ordinary Americans, not Washington lobbyists and special interests. So, as of this
morning, if you're a federal lobbyist, or if you control political action committee
donations, we won't be accepting your contribution.

This is an unprecedented move for a political party to make -- one that has sent
shockwaves through Washington and has turned the debate on clean campaigns upside
down. We've unilaterally agreed to shut lobbyists out of the process, and are we're
relying on people just like you.

Just imagine what hundreds of thousands of Americans donating $20, $30, or $50 at a
time can accomplish together. Imagine the signal that it sends to anyone who looks
at John McCain's political machine and the special interest money it needs to fuel
every move it makes.

We have a chance to change the way business is done in this country, and we're
taking the lead. Will you join us and make a contribution right now to help us elect
Barack Obama?

I've written before about guys like Charlie Black and Rick Davis, lobbyists who are
at the highest levels of McCain's campaign. But they're just the start -- John
McCain and the RNC suck up lobbyist money millions of dollars at a time.

In May, McCain had his best fundraising month of the campaign, and it was directly
because he refuses to shut special interests out.

But we did, and we need your help. This is an example of the kind of White House
Barack Obama would run. Make a contribution to help elect him:

I'll be in touch later about our plans for the general election, but I wanted to let
you know about our policy change right away.

Thanks,

Howard Dean

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee, www.democrats.org.
This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not deductible as
charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

DNC, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington DC 20003

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 09:34:48 PM »
....Obama's campaign announced the vetting of potential running mates was to be managed by a three-person team of one-time first daughter Caroline Kennedy, former Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder and Washington insider Jim Johnson.....

Full article on the VP hunt

When George Bush asked his buddy Chaney to help him search out a good veep, Chaney wound up recomending himself .

I bet that was an exhausting search.

What if the veep was Caroline Kennedy?

Massituchets is already a lock so she doesn't deliver any electoral votes from homestate, but does she have a lot of fans country wide?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »

Here's the e-mail I just got from Howard Dean at the DNC...

and........................?  I can write an e-mail too.  Again, has nothing to do with "judgement"

fatman

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 10:16:38 PM »
Precisely......American Elitism & Royalty on grand display,

Actually, this is nothing new.  It started with the Adams', continued with the Roosevelts, and Tafts, the Kennedys, and now the Bushes.