Author Topic: More of that boneheaded judgement on display  (Read 5444 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: More of that boneheaded judgement on display
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 12:08:26 AM »
<<In other words, Oblather is lying when he claims he works with the GOP, and has every intention of reaching out to them as President>>

I hope to hell he IS lying, and is only saying what he has to say to get elected. 

You are happy with the notion that Obama is a lier and a divider not a uniter?  May I quote you ?  A lot?

Perfect campaign commercial for McCain, perhaps?

Reveerend Wright has already said that he thought Barak Obama spoke as a politician , such that he was not hurt at being tossed under the bus. Perhaps there is an immunity to accusation of insenserity.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 10:15:59 AM »
You dont mean 57 states strategery?

You know what?  You guys keep saying that when EVERYONE with a brain in their head KNOWS there were 57 primary contests and he simply said "states" rather than contests.

What dumb fucks you are to keep up these petty attacks.  You're using the old Rovian dumbshit tactics against a candidate who is willing to call your bullshit with substance.

Didn't Hillary's use of those same dumbshit tactics teach your ignorant fucking dumbasses anything?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »
Didn't Hillary's use of those same dumbshit tactics teach your ignorant fucking dumbasses anything?

Alas, one does not learn with one's ass.

Actually, Hillary's attacks on Obama were a lot more sophisticated than simply harping on 57 states over and over.
But then again, she was trying to influence Democrats, many of whom expect a higher degree of sophistication.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 10:34:44 AM »
You know what?  You guys keep saying that when EVERYONE with a brain in their head KNOWS there were 57 primary contests and he simply said "states" rather than contests.

According the "Brass Hypothesis," making speaking errors (ie, using the wrong word) is an indication that the speaker is a moron.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 11:15:08 AM »
According the "Brass Hypothesis," making speaking errors (ie, using the wrong word) is an indication that the speaker is a moron.

WRONG!  I said I could tell from the way that Bush speaks that he is a moron.  I did NOT say what Bush says makes him a moron.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »
Juniorbush is not a moron. He is a tool, a puppet.

He says what they want him to say in his phony Texas accent, and he gets to be president, with all the cool stuff that comes with the job.

When he retires with his staff and his huge pension and speaking fees whenever he feels a fart coming on, like Pinocchio, he then turns into a real boy, or specifically, a real Good Ol' Boy.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »
Neither Bush nor Obama are perfect.

They are human being with all that that implies.

Brass

No need for name calling.

8 years of Bush bashing is not going to give your guy a free ride. Don't be surprised that the tables are turned.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »
<<8 years of Bush bashing is not going to give your guy a free ride. Don't be surprised that the tables are turned. >>

A little accuracy here, please.  8 years of Bush bashing PRECEDED BY 8 YEARS OF CLINTON BASHING would be a start.  And then one might want to acknowledge that 8 years of bashed Clinton left the country a hell of a lot better off than 8 years of bashed Bush.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 02:36:40 PM »
A little accuracy here, please.  8 years of Bush bashing PRECEDED BY 8 YEARS OF CLINTON BASHING would be a start.

Preceded by 4 years of Bush bashing, preceded by 8 years of Reagan bashing...

Heck, there are some who STILL bash Reagan around here...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 05:21:13 PM »
Neither Bush nor Obama are perfect.

They are human being with all that that implies.

Brass

No need for name calling.

8 years of Bush bashing is not going to give your guy a free ride. Don't be surprised that the tables are turned.

Hey, BT,

My apologies for the name-calling.  I've just gotten so tired of hearing this nonsense about 57 states and people trying to make hay with that.

It was my hope that I would be able to remain above the frey as Obama has so far.  I guess I'm not on his level yet.

The thing is that from what I've seen, Obama is possibly the most decent person that has run for president since Carter.  (I know that comparison will win no favor from a lot here but I think everyone would agree that Carter is a decent human being, politics aside.)  Admittedly, Carter's decency, perhaps, prevented him from making some difficult decisions but I think he lived under some assumptions that others would take the high road and I think that Obama will not assume that.

This presumption on my part comes from his high profile but polite confrontation of Joe Lieberman on the Senate floor the other day.  (There is info today that Obama confronted Joementum about his laxidasical approach to the "Obama is muslim" rumor that is out there.   Apparently, Joementum had the opportunity to shoot that down and chose to slide on by it.)

Obama seems more savvy and less trusting as well as being centered and intent on changing the country's attitudes, standing in the world and, yes, bringing its citizens together.

I find his speeches inspiring in the way I found Dean inspiring.  The only difference is that Dean reflected a lot more of the outrage and anger I felt in how our country's reputation and democracy have been shredded over the last 8 years because W wanted to be a better president than "Poppy".  (He had 8 years and his father only had four and W came out a .08% of the president "Poppy" was.  W's daddy issues have nearly destroyed the fabric on the country.)  Perhaps it is for the best that Obama doesn't reflect that anger but instead acknowledges it in his purposeful expressions of his intentions.

I see Obama as I've only seen a few people in my dealings with managers over the years.  Someone who takes in info and sees the strengths and weaknesses of employees and processess all of it to realize the goals of the company.

W makes me think of the a-hole managers who think that everyone should just do what he says no matter what happens.  Even if the whole thing goes down the tube, just do what I say.

McCain is the middle manager who is nice enough and has gotten a little long in the tooth and decided that he wants to be in upper management and thinks he has to "play the game" and has no inkling of how to "play the game".

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »
<<Heck, there are some who STILL bash Reagan around here...>>

Well, certainly by no one who admires the excellent work done by his Latin American death squads in torture, murder, rape and mutilation.  The Gipper was a pioneer who blazed the trail for Bush and Cheney.  And even apart from those magnificent accomplishments, who can ignore the intellectual stature of the man?  For shame, Reagan bashers - - why do you hate America so much?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 11:07:03 PM »

I've just gotten so tired of hearing this nonsense about 57 states and people trying to make hay with that.

I feel your pain , I still like Dan Quaile , who got this sort of treatment over a Potatoe.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 11:50:24 PM »
his Latin American death squads

Truman founded the School of the Americas. Let's give credit where credit is due.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 11:57:50 PM »
<<Heck, there are some who STILL bash Reagan around here...>>

Well, certainly by no one who admires the excellent work done by his Latin American death squads in torture, murder, rape and mutilation.  The Gipper was a pioneer who blazed the trail for Bush and Cheney.  And even apart from those magnificent accomplishments, who can ignore the intellectual stature of the man?  For shame, Reagan bashers - - why do you hate America so much?

Thanks for providing an excellent example.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »
I feel your pain , I still like Dan Quaile , who got this sort of treatment over a Potatoe.

===================================================
I can see why you might identify with Quayle. I understand that he is now running the Nashional Insteetoot for Creeaytive Orthographie.

Perhaps you should apply for a position. You seem eminently qualified.