Author Topic: Obama Embraces Dean's 50-State Strategy  (Read 3622 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Obama Embraces Dean's 50-State Strategy
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
He out to win ALL the votes not just the electoral college votes that will help him get over 270 (which is what Hillary would have done).

How can he win your votes sirs, plane, ami, hnumpah, bt?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/08/us/politics/08obama.html?_r=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin

WASHINGTON ? Senator Barack Obama?s general election plan calls for broadening the electoral map by challenging Senator John McCain in typically Republican states ? from North Carolina to Missouri to Montana ? as Mr. Obama seeks to take advantage of voter turnout operations built in nearly 50 states in the long Democratic nomination battle, aides said.

On Monday, Mr. Obama will travel to North Carolina ? a state that has not voted for a Democratic presidential candidate in 32 years ? to start a two-week tour of speeches, town hall forums and other appearances intended to highlight differences with Mr. McCain on the economy. From there, he heads to Missouri, which last voted for a Democrat in 1996. His first campaign swing after securing the Democratic presidential nomination last week was to Virginia, which last voted Democratic in 1964.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Obama Embraces Dean's 50-State Strategy
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:36:48 AM »
Voter registration and turnout will be crucial to Obama winning, and this is how he needs to do this.
The president is after all the president of the entire country. Even Utah and Alaska and Hawaii should see him some of the time.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »
How can he win your votes sirs, plane, ami, hnumpah, bt?

All our troops, pulled back from everywhere in the world. Close all military bases outside the US. Even in "territories" - matter of fact, let the territories go as well. They can govern themselves.

Stop spending money on any other country.

I don't think he will do either of those. Even if he promised to do them, I would not believe him. After all, even you say that he makes promises he has no intention of keeping to get elected.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:11:54 AM »

I don't think he will do either of those. Even if he promised to do them, I would not believe him. After all, even you say that he makes promises he has no intention of keeping to get elected.

Uh, no.  I've never said that.  Someone else might have but I did not.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:59:53 AM »
So you are assuming that McCain is telling the truth about what he plans to do?
Why do you assume that he is and Obama is not?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 12:07:35 PM »
So you are assuming that McCain is telling the truth about what he plans to do?
Why do you assume that he is and Obama is not?

I assume that both are lying. They are, after all, politicians.

However, with McCain, there is a longer history of bills sponsored and votes recorded than with Obama, so it's easier to figure out which way he'll go on certain issues.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 04:53:44 PM »

Uh, no.  I've never said that.  Someone else might have but I did not.

I think this was in referencing to my asking Tee & Brass if they supported Oblather's lying, as it relates to his claims of wanting to work with Republicans, and that he has in the past, and intends to as President.  Tee supports his lie, wants him to be pure liberal democrat = to his voting record, say whatever lie he needs to to get elected then follow up with the hard left liberal agenda.  Brass has failed to weign in
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 05:31:40 PM »
Brass has failed to weign in

I saw you guys talking about Obama saying he "stands with Israel" and I find that annoying but it isn't a deal killer with me.  If he wants to stand with Israel, then fine but I hope he deals with them the way Dean said he wanted to deal with them.  He said he would deal with them in an "even-handed manner" and AIPAC jumped all over his ass about it.

But the reality is Israel gets away with murder and should be forced to give up some of their stuff.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »
That's sort of what the "weighing in" was about.  More specifically, is Oblather lying when he claims to work with Republicans (bucking his party like McCain frequently does), and wants to continue to work with them as, President?  If he is (which he is, BTW), do you support that?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »
He's a politician. He'll work with both sides in order to get stuff done.  That is how politicians accomplish things.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »
Tee votes 1 way, Lanya votes the other.  Brass the tie-breaker?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 06:28:09 PM »
That is how politicians accomplish things.

The Democratic reliance on the filibuster from 2001-2006 kinda belies that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »
Ouch

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 07:08:57 PM »
That is how politicians accomplish things.

The Democratic reliance on the filibuster from 2001-2006 kinda belies that.

Like the filibuster that the Republicans used to table the global warming bill last week?  And the others they have either threatened or used since 2006?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 07:16:50 PM »
I love the blather about "threatening a fillibuster".  Nice cop-out